Championships. What has been the one constant with the Dallas Cowboys

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has said in the past that he likes hiring first time head coaches.

Stephen has said in the past that they're not going to spend high draft picks on safeties and defensive tackles.

So we've had to deal with coaches learning on the job and not having a topnotch defense because of their ideology.

Mike McCarthy is not a first time head coach hire. And there is talk of drafting a safety and DT in the first three rounds. So maybe the Jones's have learned their lessons. Things could indeed be looking up.

Will McClay said they will create the draft board for the type of players the coaches are looking for. Or something to that effect.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We have an entire new coaching staff and the clapper is gone, the future looks better just because of that.
But yet all we have this off season so far are whiner threads and posts. Same old Jerry past 25 years crap, same old Dak threads, same old whining.
:facepalm:

Maybe because we've seen coaching changes before - six times, in fact, since the last time Dallas won anything?

I'm tired of the fantasy that everything was just peachy until Garrett came along and all of the Cowboys problems are fixed now.

We'll see if MM can overcome what others before him could not. Pardon me if I'm skeptical.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry Jones. I believe we had 15 different starting quarterbacks after Troy Aikman. Then Tony Romo . We came close. But there’s only one constant losing factor in my opinion. And that’s the micromanagement of our owner. I don’t see anything changing until he changes. So you can blame the quarterback you can blame the coach you can blame the team. But Where should the real blame lie. For me it’s at the top that’s Where it all starts. Yes I know he has three rings. It’s something drastically changed and it just wasn’t Jimmy.
Maybe. But, there are a lot of signs that Jerry will let McC do his thing.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Most in here seem to think Jerry is done meddling and MM is going to immediately take us to the promise land. Both observations are obviously yet to be known and I'll admit, it's finally encouraging that Jerry finally let go of his fascination with JG and also let MM pick his staff. However I'm taking a, "Lets see how this plays out" approach since JJ and son are still in office and MM has never head coached in the NFL without a "great" QB.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
We have an entire new coaching staff and the clapper is gone, the future looks better just because of that.
But yet all we have this off season so far are whiner threads and posts. Same old Jerry past 25 years crap, same old Dak threads, same old whining.:facepalm:
That sums it up in a nutshell. Unfortunately, some of these posters thrive so much on Garrett's tenure, they've already decided McCarthy will be no different. Thus, they continue posting their negativity.

plasticman

Reaction score
Jerry Jones. I believe we had 15 different starting quarterbacks after Troy Aikman. Then Tony Romo . We came close. But there’s only one constant losing factor in my opinion. And that’s the micromanagement of our owner. I don’t see anything changing until he changes. So you can blame the quarterback you can blame the coach you can blame the team. But Where should the real blame lie. For me it’s at the top that’s Where it all starts. Yes I know he has three rings. It’s something drastically changed and it just wasn’t Jimmy.
Yes, that is a prevalent school of thought.

Now combine that with the fact that Jerry Jones will never step down from his position as GM. He will continue to make football operations type decisions.

With that in mind, what REAL change will have to be made in order for the Cowboys to be a relavent post season force? The answer seems morbid, yet simple and true.

I know many are thinking that perhaps Jerry has finally cracked the code, has everything in place, i. e., great scouting and drafting, a more aggressive coaching style, a superior core of talent, etc,....

That's just another continuation of the Great Illusion, the never ending flim flam style of an accomplished snake oil salesman. The guy we depend on for information on the team's talent level is the same guy trying to sell enough tickets to fill the biggest stadium in the hemisphere.

cowboyec

Reaction score
QBs with an even #...
☆Roger Staubach...12.
☆Troy Aikman...8

☆Dak...4...????

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Jerry was there for 3 Lombardis.

The problem with insisting on fault and blame given a problem is the human cost inherent to any solution.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But yet all we have this off season so far are whiner threads and posts. Same old Jerry past 25 years crap, same old Dak threads, same old whining.
Jones bashing threads typically generate cheap likes

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
giphy.gif
You shouldn’t think so hard. Bad things won’t happen

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But yet all we have this off season so far are whiner threads and posts. Same old Jerry past 25 years crap, same old Dak threads, same old whining.Are you trying to tell me Jerry isn’t the one constant. Leave Prescott out of it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry was there for 3 Lombardis.

The problem with insisting on fault and blame given a problem is the human cost inherent to any solution.
If you read the post correctly I gave him credit for Three Super Bowl rings. But you can’t deny he’s been the one constant losing factor. Everything else around him Has changed. In one form or another. The one constant Jerry Jones

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If you read the post correctly I gave him credit for Three Super Bowl rings. But you can’t deny he’s been the one constant losing factor. Everything else around him Has changed. In one form or another. The one constant Jerry Jones

You really do not know how to do deductions. You problem is that you fail to acknowledge of the significance of his preference prior to your arbitrary and self serving temporal bias.

Is Jerry capable of being GM on a SB winning team? Undoubtedly.

And sorry Jerry is hardly the only thing to be the same fromm the logo to the uniforms. The blue uni curse makes more sense than what you are peddling here.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The common denominator with all our great teams has been great coaches.

When I think of all the great ones, Ditka, Stautner, Tubbs, Landry, Johnson, Turner, Reeves, Avesano, Davis, Myers, etc.

The players were great but the coaches have been our glue over time.

Notice there are no coaches under Garrett you can point to..none. Nearly 10 years of complete stagnation with him.

Johnson and Landry..a good dozen at least.

If McCarthy gets on a roll at all, he should have several.

Go Cowboys.

:flagwave:

GMO415

Reaction score
Yeah.. The Jones's have never valued quality coaching.. They believe the game is mostly won by talent and coaches don't have much of an impact.

I don't think they have learned their lesson either.

Every year though schemes have become more and more important. Tennessee almost bucked the trend by playing perfect fundamental football but Mahomes and Andy Reid were still too much at the end of that day.
The damn HC doesn't count against the cap, so why not get the very best? It's frustrating.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You really do not know how to do deductions. You problem is that you fail to acknowledge of the significance of his preference prior to your arbitrary and self serving temporal bias.

And sorry Jerry is hardly the only thing to be the same fromm the logo to the uniforms. The blue uni curse makes more sense than what you are peddling here.
The failure. It’s on your behalf. I never bashed him. All I said is the one constant. You choose to perceive that how you chose to.Ridiculous LMAO. You’re talking myth I’m talking reality. Blue jersey jinx LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The common denominator with all our great teams has been great coaches.

When I think of all the great ones, Ditka, Stautner, Tubbs, Landry, Johnson, Turner, Reeves, Avesano, Davis, Myers, etc.

The players were great but the coaches have been our glue over time.

Notice there are no coaches under Garrett you can point to..none. Nearly 10 years of complete stagnation with him.

Johnson and Landry..a good dozen at least.

If McCarthy gets on a roll at all, he should have several.

Go Cowboys.

:flagwave:
Finally an intelligent response. But we all know you have to be able to manipulate Jerry if you’re going to Be a success in Dallas. So again the constant is who

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You are correct in one fact. Undoubtably he can win. But he hasn’tSince the departure. The mutual departure of him and Jimmy . So again you’re putting more into what I said then what I said. I guess I’m not the one with the agenda. But I find that to be a problem with most responses. Everyone seems to think there’s something more than what you actually said and I keep repeating that so maybe get stuck in your head