Chargers fire Ted Cottrell, hire ron riveria, should Cowboys look at cottrell as ..

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
per espn, chargers fire ted cottrell, and hire ron riveria, so should the cowboys hire ted cottrell and have him a defensive consultant, to help with defense?

newlander

Reaction score
QFT windward: he'd be almost as bad as Stewart. We have enough overpaid, underachieving coaches on this staff to last a lifetime right now.......

zeromaster

Reaction score
Read the Chargers forums, that deathwatch has been on for all of this and most of last season.

No to Ted.

Period. Point-blank.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2381123 said:
per espn, chargers fire ted cottrell, and hire ron riveria, so should the cowboys hire ted cottrell and have him a defensive consultant, to help with defense?

No, this is Wade show if he fails or succeeds it is on him. Undermining a HC is not a good way to go for any team

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok i didnt know i just thought if he was more experienced than stewart, and knows wade's system

my point im trying to make, say no matter what this is wades last year, whom do you get to run the defense

now i would love the cowboys to get mike singletary, but i doubt the 49ers would let singletary go now

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
im not saying undermining him, im saying hire ted as defensive consultant, kinda like the patriots did with don capers

i dont know about this guy, thats why i was asking,

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2381140 said:
im not saying undermining him, im saying hire ted as defensive consultant, kinda like the patriots did with don capers

i dont know about this guy, thats why i was asking,

If Wade request then fine but I doubt that is going to be the case.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Teddy did a great job in SD. Let's get him now.

I swear, where do people come up with this crap?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2381123 said:

Rivera was already on the pay role he was hired last hear when he did not get a HC gig and did not return to teh Bears he went there as the LB coach

More like they promoted him

1fisher

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2381171 said:
Teddy did a great job in SD. Let's get him now.

I swear, where do people come up with this crap?

LOL...it's been going on for years.... anytime someone is fired we should go after them...

:laugh2:

utrunner07

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2381123 said:

Are you kidding? I mean you have to be...this is a joke right? If its not do us all a favor and take a break from posting for a while...your Gonzales thread was ridiculous enough...

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Trent Dilfer, who by the way is already ESPN's best analyst IMO, said on the radio yesterday that some of the old 3-4 defenses, like the one used by Ted Cottrell, are outdated. He says they are too passive and the new offenses go right through them.

Of course, he was a lot more articulate in his analysis, but that was the basic message.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe,

I say this with sincerity. If someone is waived or fired, please look at our roster or coaching staff and then determine if they're a good fit.

Not every available player or coach would be a good fit for this team. And then you should ask yourself, at this point in the season, who would you release to sign said player. Also, who would you fire to hire said coach?