chargers get feeley

Derinyar

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Brees is a Free Agent at the end of this year. (Per the FA thread Junk made.) Not sure if he is UFA or Restricted.

I can't believe a winning team would move their starter though. Strange move.
Brees should be unrestircted this year. IIRC the chargers slapped the franchise tag on him for this year.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
abersonc said:
I now officially think the Dolphins are complete idiots. They gave up a high 2nd for Feeley. Now they give up a 6th and Feeley for another backup.

My only question is this - why haven't we traded any of our junk to the Fins? I want in on this.

No way, I'm not reporting to the fins if I am dealt there.

So, the fins gave up a pick and a player for Cleo Lemon? What an awful trade. I thought Lemon should have been cut. I saw him in preseason and he looked terrible.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Brees is a Free Agent at the end of this year. (Per the FA thread Junk made.) Not sure if he is UFA or Restricted.

Unrestricted. He was unrestricted last year and got slapped with the franchise tag.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
This is going to be very intriguing....Brees has proved to be successful in this league. I'd be surprised if they moved him. Then Rivers has a lot of potential...hmmmmmm

That's one...the other is that I doubt Dallas gets in on this action becuase of how well Bledsoe is playing at 33. Rivers wants to play now...he won't next year with Bledsoe.
Correct. Dallas is not looking to make a QB trade at this juncture.

FS or OT maybe so.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
I think this is a bargaining move.

Since they will have to bargain with Brees, they will say look we aren't offering more than ____ a year. If you want more, then we go with Rivers with Feely on standby. If you will take it, then we keep you and ship Rivers.

I think San Diego is in a good spot. Great young RB, good young QB situation, great young TE, good line and FB, and a lot of decent younger players on defense. I would get rid of Jammer if I was them if he has decent value. Then they just need a stud WR and nothing but defense players and they will be serious contendor for some time.

RedLine

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Dolphins | Feeley and Draft Choice Sent to San Diego
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:48:59 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Miami Dolphins have given up a sixth-round draft choice and QB A.J. Feeley to the San Diego Chargers for third-string QB Cleo Lemon.

Me thinks the Dolphins front office must be smokin some of Ricky's wacky tabacky!

"Hey dude, lets trade a sixer and AJ for some back up named... Jay... something"
"Wha! That is a great idea! You rule dude!" :yourock:
"Hey stop bogarting and pass that over here!"

Reaction score
Hostile said:

We're talking about a team that forced one of their best offensive players to miss game 1 on principle. NOTHING their front office does would surprise me in the least. I'm betting they shop Brees.

·[A]koN·

Reaction score
...SOLUTION: GET RID OF HENSON N ROMO,...LEAVE BLEDSOE...ADD RIVERS!! Let RIVERS BEAT BLEDSOE FOR THE STARTING JOB......

CONLUSION: COWBOYS WIN SUPERBOWL...:bow: