Twitter: Chargers trade for LB Khalil Mack

blueblood70

Reaction score
He’s a 31 year old off ball linebacker with one of the biggest contracts in the league and hasn’t had double digit sacks in 4 years. This isn’t the same player the Bears traded for in 2018.
right all the ups for this trade trying to shame the cowboys but this guy isnt much better than Tank one of the hated players in the zone ie overpaid and underdelivers. Macks not much different really..

this place is full of hypocrites and hypochondriacs.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
He’s a 31 year old off ball linebacker with one of the biggest contracts in the league and hasn’t had double digit sacks in 4 years. This isn’t the same player the Bears traded for in 2018.
Yes and Von Miller wasn't the same player he used to be by the numbers. OBJ wasn't the same player he used to be. A new situation. A winning situation has a way of reviving guys who have a chance to get a ring.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He’s on the decline he hasn’t had double digit sacks in four years. He only had 6 this past season.
That's what I was asking. Does Mack still have anything left in the tank?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Everytime one of these trades happen, I always ask myself why couldn’t we do that? Then I think about who runs this organization.
and everytime I see one of these posts I think... are you aware there is a salary cap? Do you have a clue his cap hit this year? If im reading correctly, it looks like almost 18 MILLION DOLLARS this year and 23 million the following year. You think that is a good move? For a guy that has avg 8 sacks per season over the past 3 years and was hurt much of last year??? sure... the Cowboys would get decimated for making a signing like that.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
This is the type of proof you see of how the two Jones clowns are really not committed to going after it. A player of that magnitude is moved for basically a second round pick goes to show you can get impact players that can put you over the top. Adding Mack to this defense would have been huge. There are other moves to make but we wont see these two idiots go out and get it done. Instead it will be players coming off major injuries and cheap fringe signings.
They’re committed to the family biz and filling their pockets, not the team.The reality is that they’re making $ no matter what they do, so why not try to win.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If he is a good/great player you should not be influenced by this. Plenty of packages we can use him in.
This is why we missed out on TJ Watt.
yes, but remember Ware. he was strictly a 3-4 OLB. we moved back to 4-3 and he struggled. he was not resigned, went to denver and back to 3-4 OLB and he was a monster again.

with that said, I wouldn't have mind moving to a 3-4, I have said as much, but Quinn is not necessarily a 3-4 guy. although he runs a hybrid defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
Mack was at his best(by far) as a DE. Not every player can play either, you know. Problem is, Chargers also play a 3-4. Hmmmmmmmm....

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s on the decline he hasn’t had double digit sacks in four years. He only had 6 this past season.

Wait a minute. That's Randy Gregory's career year and you all are hyperventilating over re-signing him.

terra

Reaction score
Yes and Von Miller wasn't the same player he used to be by the numbers. OBJ wasn't the same player he used to be. A new situation. A winning situation has a way of reviving guys who have a chance to get a ring.
$18 million cap hit this year and $23 million cap hit next year.
For a guy that is not likely to get double digit sacks.
Think on that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's what I was asking. Does Mack still have anything left in the tank?

He probably has something left in the tank but not enough to where the Bears wanted to continue to pay him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wait a minute. That's Randy Gregory's career year and you all are hyperventilating over re-signing him.

I haven’t hyperventilated over re-signing anyone. By the way Randy Gregory hasn’t had the career Khalil Mack has had.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If Mack played for the Cowboys, everyone would be saying the same stuff they say about D Law. Bears fans know he's on the decline and is not worth his current contract. Ring a bell?

That may be absolute truth but it still speaks volumes about the organization being able to move the player for some "return" as compared to what our organization does.
I mean it is sickening to watch other teams make moves and then a few years later move that player again. Regardless the reasons, they took their shot and then knew when it was time to move on.