Charles Krauthammer has died

rags747

Reaction score
He was like the opposite of Hunter S. Thompson (who I adored and was his last interview appointment before his suicide - it never happened) in a good way.
Wonderful and intelligent journalism is becoming harder and harder to come by. I tried, but got hamstrung in 2002 and it's probably for the best. This new, hostile environment is just suffocating on both sides of the fence anymore.

I cry for what the News has become. This planet needs more Krauthammers. Not necessarily people aligning with his beliefs, but the intellectualism, the professionalism and the honesty of him should be encouraged and cultivated.

Not a giant group of shock-jocks talking op-eds and trying to pull it off as real news. That's all it is anymore on every side.

Sigh...
Is there any real news reporting anymore or is it all just opinion reporting. Where is the real investigative reporting by anyone on the networks anymore. Do most people see it this way or are most just drawn in by the constant daily bs. FAKE NEWS would seem to be a very good description of today's news media. It is actually quite sad and unlike what I was taught as a child our news organizations are no better than those in other countries. Again, very sad what we have become.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
60 Minutes was the very first moment in TV history that news became profitable.
Local news from local stations were a service, not a money maker.

Trust me.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the money part. I'm talking about the rise of the editorialization of the news.

I think when the other cable news services saw how Fox was driving ratings (and potential advertising dollars) primarily through the use of editorialized news reporting, they followed suit.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'd saw on the DRUDGE that he was fixing to GO COUNTRY a while back:(

* I'd enjoyed listening to his opinions & take on things,,,it was 3-4 years of watching him before I'd even knew he was confined to a wheelchair.*

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He was like the opposite of Hunter S. Thompson (who I adored and was his last interview appointment before his suicide - it never happened) in a good way.
Wonderful and intelligent journalism is becoming harder and harder to come by. I tried, but got hamstrung in 2002 and it's probably for the best. This new, hostile environment is just suffocating on both sides of the fence anymore.

I cry for what the News has become. This planet needs more Krauthammers. Not necessarily people aligning with his beliefs, but the intellectualism, the professionalism and the honesty of him should be encouraged and cultivated.

Not a giant group of shock-jocks talking op-eds and trying to pull it off as real news. That's all it is anymore on every side.

Sigh...
I read on the DRUDGE just today that JOHNNY DEPP
spent close to 5 million dollars in shooting Hunter S Thompson's ashes out of a freaking Cannon in 2005o_O

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with you about the money part. I'm talking about the rise of the editorialization of the news.

I think when the other cable news services saw how Fox was driving ratings (and potential advertising dollars) primarily through the use of editorialized news reporting, they followed suit.
What do think it was that 60 Minutes was doing?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Sigh...
Well said.