Twitter: Charting Will McClay's draft hits and/or misses since 2014

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
To me, it's less about McClay not being perfect and more about every guy Marinelli seems to push for turns out being terrible. Our most productive DL over the years (love them or hate them) have been Lawrence, Gregory and Irving. And I don't remember Marinelli being too excited about them. He either passes on guys because they're not a good fit or vouches for guys who aren't any good.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
And one of them was a 1st round pick. That trumps whatever headway made if you just throw out the day 3 picks.

I didn't realize you counted Taco to be honest. I thought the three were Russell, Tapper and Gregory, since you said 6 and 7 if you count Gregory. Let's at least wait until he clears waivers before we say Taco is out of the league. Again, epic failure taking him, no excuse for it, but also no need to exaggerate the situation.

J-man

Reaction score
Let me inform all Cowboys fans something. Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones are not football personnel savvy and never have been. inn to play a full 16 game season something he has not done once in the last 5 years.

Isn't that what I just said?
But the very best thing he (McClay) has done for this team, was getting JJ to control him impulses and let the football guys pick football players.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alright then go sit in a corner and rue over it. While you’re at it cry about wasting a second rounder on Gregory too. You have s lot to be miserable about it seems.

Thanks but I'm not the one "crying", that'd be you and the rest of the crybabies who can't admit the obvious. Be that child who points out every little thing they did right when they get in trouble for doing something wrong. Be that child.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Thanks but I'm not the one "crying", that'd be you and the rest of the crybabies who can't admit the obvious. Be that child who points out every little thing they did right when they get in trouble for doing something wrong. Be that child.
Man like I said go cry about it in a corner. Or cry to someone else about it I honestly dont care. Then screwing up on Taco means nothing. Doesn’t mean you are a draft expert and doesn’t mean they will suck.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man like I said go cry about it in a corner. Or cry to someone else about it I honestly dont care.

Clearly "you don't care", that's why you're back at this thread again and again and again!
:lmao:

It's real simple even for you. "don't care"? Don't post. Or respond. So simple even you should be able to understand it.

Then screwing up on Taco means nothing. Doesn’t mean you are a draft expert and doesn’t mean they will suck.

Waaahhhh!!!!!

200.gif

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The most disappointing thing is they jumped their own board, which is something McClay says he believes is a cardinal sin.

They do a very good job scouting out the talent. Just look at the players they bring in to visit each year. Not a lot of bad players in retrospect. But this was a mistake and hopefully it taught him a lesson.
You know there's a Cowboys scout or personnel exec who was super pro-Watt that day and is talking a little mess to the pro-Taco guys right now.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
As stated in other threads, they blew this one, big time. But to their credit, they also hit on a quite a few mid-low rounders. Brugler tweeted that they passed on Watt coz he wasn't a good fit? Lesson learned....just draft the best damn player, the rest will take care of itself.

damn we could have had Cardale Jones!

now I sit back and watch while 5 people start new threads bashing "Dak haters", lol

jjktkk

Reaction score
See my clarified point later on in this thread, thanks.
That's not clarification, that's called moving the goalposts. Multiple posters in this thread have called you out for being wrong. I'm just the latest.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not clarification, that's called moving the goalposts. Multiple posters in this thread have called you out for being wrong. I'm just the latest.

If you say so. I don't care enough to go through the explanation yet again.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My only hope is that they learned from it and made changes to the way they draft moving forward.

The guys in the room pushing Watt were 1000% right.

The guys in the room pushing Taco should not be in the room anymore.

I agree:

F5WJQAFEYHP4SBSCHMWBHRBNA4.jpg

I have faith that it will be "fixed" after this season.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The most disappointing thing is they jumped their own board, which is something McClay says he believes is a cardinal sin.

They do a very good job scouting out the talent. Just look at the players they bring in to visit each year. Not a lot of bad players in retrospect. But this was a mistake and hopefully it taught him a lesson.
If they really committed to a DE at that pick, then they should have been agressive and got there guy (whom I believe was McKinley). DE's have such a small hit rate at that portion of the draft, that if you sit back and take whats left the chance of you hitting are not good. If you are committed to a position (which is bad planning in and of itself) you need to agressive