Chauncey Golston

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
We shall see. I didnt like the wright pick or Osa, but I like them now. Hopefully Goldston can surprise.
Kudos, my man. Too many people stand by their pre-draft evaluation of someone to the very end. They like being right more than they like finding a good player for the Cowboys.

More should be like you and just say, He’s better than I thought. I might’ve been wrong.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So we have a combination of Golston, Anae, Dorrance, Kamara, and occasionally Parsons replacing DLaw with Gregory back next week.

Defensive tackle will be in much better shape when Gallimore and possibly Hill are back in the rotation I think. Add those guys to Osa, Watkins, Urban and Big Bo and that position group looks much better than a season ago.

Losing Lawrence us a huge blow but the d-line isn't the dumpster fire some are making it out to be.
I agree to an extent but the overhaul made us much improved run stopping team but the loss of Gregory and Tank has weakened an already thin pass rushing group..

anae and Armstrong have been waiting along time to prove themselves, well they get first shot at it and for an entire real game..

will be interesting

quickccc

Reaction score
Hutchins is good enough to play for a Superbowl team but wasn't good enough for the Cowboys or Risen Star.

Just think if we had kept Hutchins and not signed Jaylon.

Are you guys referring to Anthony Hitchens?
Instead of Hutchins?
:huh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Kudos, my man. Too many people stand by their pre-draft evaluation of someone to the very end. They like being right more than they like finding a good player for the Cowboys.

More should be like you and just say, He’s better than I thought. I might’ve been wrong.

Ive always maintained that I am not a college guy. I dont like college. So I go by the pundits and pre draft hype.

Im better at talent evaluation when they get to the pros. Both guys are showing for me. I have no issues admitting I was wrong. Lets hope Goldston make me look bad as well.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I liked his highlights a lot. No, he's probably not physically talented enough to be a star, but I noticed three things: he plays really hard, he was around the ball a lot --fumbles and tipped balls, and IIRC even had an INT or two -- and when he got to the ballcarrier he hit them really hard.

I can't imagine doing much early when he never even played in a preseason game, but in a month or two he might help.

Manster68

Reaction score

Just think, if I were pig headed like the Cowboys fans you referenced, I would have routed against Troy Aikman and for Tony Mandarich back in 1989 and through the 90s.

I knew I was WRONG when I was in the Superdome for Aikman's inaugural game against the Saints. Despite being shut out 28-0, Aikman's passes were a thing to watch. Dallas had like 10 drops in that game.

plasticman

Reaction score
I think the best strategy would be to utilize them all, rotate them often to keep them fresh. Take all the DE's to the game and make it competitive to see who the #1 backup is going to be when Lawrence comes back.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I liked his highlights a lot. No, he's probably not physically talented enough to be a star, but I noticed three things: he plays really hard, he was around the ball a lot --fumbles and tipped balls, and IIRC even had an INT or two -- and when he got to the ballcarrier he hit them really hard.

I can't imagine doing much early when he never even played in a preseason game, but in a month or two he might help.

Obviously with the situation Sunday this is a huge opportunity for him .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just think, if I were pig headed like the Cowboys fans you referenced, I would have routed against Troy Aikman and for Tony Mandarich back in 1989 and through the 90s.

I knew I was WRONG when I was in the Superdome for Aikman's inaugural game against the Saints. Despite being shut out 28-0, Aikman's passes were a thing to watch. Dallas had like 10 drops in that game.
There is wrong and then there is wanting Mandarich over Aikman...

You should be banned from ever discussing football again.

You literally might the only person on earth that thought that was a good idea.

Even if Mandarich hadn't been the biggest bust in the history of sports, taking any OT over Aikman would been dumber than anything that Jerry has ever done.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're going to have to ink a few of these too if we want to keep all our edge rushing talent.

Or we could just rely on the draft. Where we always do so well constantly.

RonWashington

Reaction score

Did he dress for today’s game ?

btcutter

Reaction score
I'm interested to see Kamaras speed, but afraid he can't hold up at the point of attack and am assuming he's not going to be much of a run defender at his size.
I think we have the personnel for 3-4 when Lawrence is out. Suspect we will see more of that as base D.

Reactions: CWR

jnday

Reaction score
I think we have the personnel for 3-4 when Lawrence is out. Suspect we will see more of that as base D.
I don’t think Dallas has the type of DL needed to run the 3-4. It wouldn’t hurt for them to try it I guess, but the DL on the roster don’t have the strength or size that would allow them to control the LOS. They would struggle keeping the olinemen off of the LBs and they would get blown off the LOS IMO.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I was surprised Golston was not active today. Azur Kamara was active over him. Don't know if Golston is still hurt.