Checkout this proposed Cowboys-Jet trade by Fanside

Kwyn

Reaction score
Awuzie had a down year at CB and BJones left.
To have a down year you would need to have had an up year

He’s only been in the league three years and all of them were very average, and that’s being kind

He’s be ok as the second best safety and third beat DB on the team. Unfortunately, right now. He’s #1 at both.

In my perfect off-season, weneed Adams to be S1 and then a 2nd round pick to be our CB1. There is a slew of second tier corners who will start going off the board in the late first round and any of them will likely be better than any CB currently on the roster.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Adams is l
To have a down year you would need to have had an up year

He’s only been in the league three years and all of them were very average, and that’s being kind

He’s be ok as the second best safety and third beat DB on the team. Unfortunately, right now. He’s #1 at both.

In my perfect off-season, weneed Adams to be S1 and then a 2nd round pick to be our CB1. There is a slew of second tier corners who will start going off the board in the late first round and any of them will likely be better than any CB currently on the roster.

Awuzies down year in terms of the upside he previously showed and fans expectations. CB is a bigger need at #17 given what we have.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Adams is l

Awuzies down year in terms of the upside he previously showed and fans expectations. CB is a bigger need at #17 given what we have.
I won’t argue that CB is our most urgent need and I get what you’re saying. I really do.

If we weren’t talking about one of the top 3-4 players in the entire NFL at what is also a position of need for us, I wouldn’t advocate for a trade

The bottom line though is outside of Okudah, and maybe ... the rising and previously 2nd tier prospect CJ Henderson ... the rest of the CB’s on the board are all similarly rated and all fall into that very late first to mid-late 2nd

We have a mid first pick so taking any of them at 27 is likely a bit of a reach and none of them are ever likely to approach consecutive all-pro status

We have a mid round 2nd and one of them will likely still be on the board.

Adams is a proven elite player. All those other guys fall into what you described as “upside he previously showed and fans expectations“

give me the real deal over a wish and a prayer

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Maybe. I don’t think a safety is worth that, with paying him on top of that. The price will fall. Not rise. The value of that rookie contract is falling every day as time inches closer to the end of that deal.

The Jets have him for another year plus a 5th year option. So it’s not like a team is trading for an expiring contract, they are trading for a top young player looking for an extension. Based on S money his new deal will be in the 13-14 mil per year range. He’s an impact player at an undervalued (by fans) position.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I wouldn't hate it, Smith is at the end.

Smith looked healthier last year than he has in the previous two. Big mistake to dump him now. His contract is now in the definite bargain zone. Who are we supposed to play at LT?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Anybody who wants to move Tyron for a safety, regardless of the ridiculous picks in this deal, needs to go back and relearn football starting in middle school. Ridiculous trade. Tyron catches a lot of flack here, but he's still a top-5 OL talent.

And Tyron is under priced for top 5 too.

Verdict

Reaction score
Adams is l

What we need is irrelevant to what is available when we pick.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tyron is still performing but make no mistake about it, he could very well be on his last leg. He has a lot of miles on his body.

Could be. But his movement passed my eyeball health test, and he made the Pro Bowl. I'm much more optimistic than I was after 2018.

Tackles are the biggest guys on the field, and go up against guys 50lbs less than they are. They can last.

Verdict

Reaction score
Could be. But his movement passed my eyeball health test, and he made the Pro Bowl. I'm much more optimistic than I was after 2018.

Tackles are the biggest guys on the field, and go up against guys 50lbs less than they are. They can last.

Well, alrighty then!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
If Tyron Smith is part of any deal, then it’s to move up from #17 to get Becton.

I am in the minority I guess but I think TSmith is on his last legs. He won’t last two more seasons unfortunately and Becton is an absolute monster who would maul defensive ends for a decade here.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
I like this one a lot better...

work out a deal ahead of time 5 years, 50 million.

then give jets 3rd rounder for him straight up.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
***???? I honestly don't think I would trade my one for Adams straight up without asking for a pick back......he is gonna cost a boatload after this season.....and twice as much after next.