Checkout this proposed Cowboys-Jet trade by Fanside

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Fans generally make horrific trade proposals, apparently having no clue how onesided they make the proposal. Or, generally they are ridiculous.

I would not give up a 1st for Adams. If that's what it takes, move on.

The Jets are one of the cheapest franchises in the league, they do not like to shell out big, long-term extensions. They like Adams, but do not want to resign him cause he wants to set the market at the safety position. The Jets management thinks they can get elite value, but not many teams out there are going to give major draft capital and then have to resign him to a huge extension. They want more then what Jax got for Jalen Ramsey who is the better player, look at the Rams they have to gut their whole team just to be able to resign him.

I think Adams is a real good player, I would be willing to give up 17 and a future conditional pick, but that's all. It's tempting to pay more as our safety position would be set, but not worth the price nor the huge contract attached.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Could be. But his movement passed my eyeball health test, and he made the Pro Bowl. I'm much more optimistic than I was after 2018.

Tackles are the biggest guys on the field, and go up against guys 50lbs less than they are. They can last.

Very true. If you compare average career lengths, o-linemen last longer than most. I would think Smith has 5-6 pro bowl type years left in him. He is a HoF type LT. They can go to their mid 30s playing well. Look at Jason Peters.

Now the big disclaimer would of course be his back issue. I don’t know how bad his is.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
We aren't trading Tyron. He signed an incredibly team friendly deal. You never see eight year contracts in the NFL. Most guys want a big four year then another shot at the open market.

You can't trade guys like that. You'll never get another team friendly deal.

don’t look like we are getting any now if Dak and Elliot are anything to go by

kskboys

Reaction score
The Jets are one of the cheapest franchises in the league, they do not like to shell out big, long-term extensions. They like Adams, but do not want to resign him cause he wants to set the market at the safety position. The Jets management thinks they can get elite value, but not many teams out there are going to give major draft capital and then have to resign him to a huge extension. They want more then what Jax got for Jalen Ramsey who is the better player, look at the Rams they have to gut their whole team just to be able to resign him.

I think Adams is a real good player, I would be willing to give up 17 and a future conditional pick, but that's all. It's tempting to pay more as our safety position would be set, but not worth the price nor the huge contract attached.
Then we have to pay him big bucks, then we slip into mediocrity due to using too much of the cap on a few players. We've already been down this road.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Then we have to pay him big bucks, then we slip into mediocrity due to using too much of the cap on a few players. We've already been down this road.

I agree. After a few recent draft fails, team really needs to hit on their picks this year. Quality talent, controlled financially at a low rate. Cannot continue to give out market setting contracts, at some point the cap will be dried up.