Chido is all hype

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
One of Tate's TDs was with Lewis covering, and the other was with Brown covering. Even if he had given up one of those TDs though, it would have been one play out of the season, and you presented it in your post as if it is an ongoing problem.
One is too many. He didn’t get a good jam on Lockett vs Seattle also. I expect greatness

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One is too many. He didn’t get a good jam on Lockett vs Seattle also. I expect greatness

He didn't have that one you claimed though, and in any case, perfection doesn't happen for any player - not even the best of the best. The measure is the how players perform over time, and Chido has certainly performed well since he became a starter. Ultimately Chido had his first bad game, and even then it was more precision throws and great catches that beat him, not failure to be in position, and certainly not the mental lapses you claimed.

Batman1980

Reaction score
chido is a very good corner. not hype at all.

I'd say closer to above average. Good at shadowing the receiver but lacks instincts to attack the ball in the air, which leads to getting beat despite tight coverage.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd say closer to above average. Good at shadowing the receiver but lacks instincts to attack the ball in the air, which leads to getting beat despite tight coverage.
He had a very low number of picks coming in, which often indicates lack of ball skills or hands.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
First year as a full time starter in his second season and fans are already bad-mouthing the kid.....................He'll continue to improve , especially this season with QB's looking to throw away from B Jones ; and it's not like we gave up premium draft picks to move up and take him , ala Claiborne............

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And think you and @OmerV are taking my comments wrong. I’m a huge Chido fan. I just want him to make more plays.

You said you expect greatness and that giving up even 1 TD is too many. That's a much higher expectation than merely saying I want him to make more plays, and a much higher expectation than is reasonable.

As for making plays, I get that you want to see more INTs - I do too. But he breaks up a lot of passes, and doesn't often let a receiver get open, so that's pretty darn good. Hopefully it will lead to more INTs.

Big_D

Reaction score
Carr and Claiborne were all hype. Chido in year 2 is a dam good CB. Games like that will happen. There are great QBs and WRs in this league that make crazy plays sometimes. Certainly doesn’t take away the fact that Awuzie is their best corner and should be very good for a long time. Specially now with flags that never benefit the D flying at a record pace.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Carr and Claiborne were all hype. Chido in year 2 is a dam good CB. Games like that will happen. There are great QBs and WRs in this league that make crazy plays sometimes. Certainly doesn’t take away the fact that Awuzie is their best corner and should be very good for a long time. Specially now with flags that never benefit the D flying at a record pace.

Carr and Claiborne are both playing well.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Claiborne was actually playing well the last couple of years in Dallas too, but he missed large parts of 4 straight seasons, and it was hard to depend on him.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Claiborne was actually playing well the last couple of years in Dallas too, but he missed large parts of 4 straight seasons, and it was hard to depend on him.

He was also quite hands-y here.

Big_D

Reaction score

But they were costly and just didn’t live up here. Specially compared to a 2nd year corner who is playing better while still on his rookie deal.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Chido getting passed on more is more a testament of how well Jones is playing and not how bad Chido is. It's a numbers game in the secondary. The more you get thrown at, the more opportunities the offense has to beat a CB.