Chido is all hype

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I will say that I need to stop seeing mental lapses from him. And if he’s as smart as they claim he should be recognizing routes and jumping them.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Some folks are beyond inclined to complain. Nothing is wrong with him.

Chidobe Awuzie is just about as good a CB as this team has ever seen.

The passes he was accused of being guilty for were beyond defending.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Let me put it this way. If Jaylon has been in position to stop Riddick for a loss a dozen times and missed him every time l, EVERY single person on here would blast him and say he had a terrible game. No one would defend it with the rationale of Riddick is just that good, it’s not Jaylon’s fault. No. But because Chido is favored he gets a pass. I don’t want almost. You either make plays or you don’t. Almost doesn’t count. Don’t be like Jerrah and be happy with so so.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Were you even watching the game? He was blanketing the receivers, they just came up with good catches from some really good passes. I didn't see anything at all but good coverage from him.
He ob didn't watch the game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Let me put it this way. If Jaylon has been in position to stop Riddick for a loss a dozen times and missed him every time l, EVERY single person on here would blast him and say he had a terrible game. No one would defend it with the rationale of Riddick is just that good, it’s not Jaylon’s fault. No. But because Chido is favored he gets a pass. I don’t want almost. You either make plays or you don’t. Almost doesn’t count. Don’t be like Jerrah and be happy with so so.
You should've quit while you' weren't too far behind.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not apples to apples. A perfectly positioned throw from the QB can beat even the best coverage, whether it's Chido or Deion Sanders covering. The QB can't help a RB in the situation you described.

In any case, Chido has repeatedly played very well, and one game that doesn't go as well define him.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chido had good coverage most of the game. Some of those catches were unreal. This isn't like Brown whose usually no where near the wr when the ball is caught.

kskboys

Reaction score
Some folks are beyond inclined to complain. Nothing is wrong with him.

Chidobe Awuzie is just about as good a CB as this team has ever seen.

The passes he was accused of being guilty for were beyond defending.
Not ever, by far, but recently, yes. We've had a ton of quality corners: Renfro, Deion, Walls, Cornell Green, Dennis Thurman, TNew, Kevin Smith before the injury.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not apples to apples. A perfectly positioned throw from the QB can beat even the best coverage, whether it's Chido or Deion Sanders covering. The QB can't help a RB in the situation you described.

In any case, Chido has repeatedly played very well, and one game that doesn't go as well define him.
Correct. And that goes for everyone on both O and D. Any player can have a great game and still lose/get beat.

No pass rush gets there every play, no OL blocks perfectly every game, no CB shuts everyone down every time.

Remember Deion? Before he came over from the dark side, Irvin caught 12 passes against him in the 94 championship game loss. Happens.

PManning sucked in his first super bowl win/run. Bigben sucked in his first super bowl.

Goes both ways, you can play great and get beat, you can play lousy and get lucky.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will say that I need to stop seeing mental lapses from him. And if he’s as smart as they claim he should be recognizing routes and jumping them.

What mental lapses? He was on top of his man the whole game.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The td to Tate looked like his fault

One of Tate's TDs was with Lewis covering, and the other was with Brown covering. Even if he had given up one of those TDs though, it would have been one play out of the season, and you presented it in your post as if it is an ongoing problem.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those weren't indefensible. You folks have really low expectations for cornerbacks LOL

This is why we lose in the divisional round every couple years by great QBs. Because of crap like this. Nevermind all the great CBs in this league never having these "indefensible throws" on them consistently - because, I don't know, maybe they find a way to defend again them?

One game is not "consistently". He got beat in this game by some outstanding throws and catches, but that has not remotely been the pattern.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see many fans in denial here. Chido is consistently getting beat. Stafford was 8/9 when targeting him. That’s embarrassing. He has not been good at all these last two weeks.

He consistently got beat in this game, and in this one by unusually outstanding throws. He has not consistently got beat in any other game, so quit acting as if this is an ongoing problem.