Twitter: Chido: "Last year, everyone knew what we were running."

fivetwos

Reaction score
check pro football reference.

Nolan’s coaching history is trash.
That means what?

Anyone that hasnt won in the past cant possibly win in the future?

Guess we are beat then because I'm not sure how many SB winning coordinators are sitting there waiting.

Even that proves nothing.

Nolan knows plenty of defense and can maybe work something w this group as far as multiple looks.

A lot better than what we have been used to anyway.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Garret did not run the defense...at all.
Oh really? Nice to know the HC had nothing to do with anything on defense.

How about players that say the same about the offense?

Leads me to believe that maybe he did.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Is it my mistake or are people here seriously comparing "rankings (which means yards allowed)" on Marinellis vs Nolans defenses?

NONE of that matters. This is NOW, with THESE players and Nolan is a capable coach.

They will be fine. Sit and watch.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
each player is 1 of 11. If players start free lancing your defense will be horrendous.

they all have a role within each play within the scheme of how they play each situation.

@Cowboy Lover

Not to mention, you may be secure in your position enough to freelance, but there are other guys who aren't. Their contracts are set to expire. You also have to answer to a head coach who could put the word out on you that you do things your own way and you're not a team player, etc.

If you freelance, you'd better be a Lawrence Taylor-type or Brett Favre-type talent. Other guys of lesser talent can't get away with it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Oh really? Nice to know the HC had nothing to do with anything on defense.

How about players that say the same about the offense?

Leads me to believe that maybe he did.
Offense, yes.
But I don't think Garrett told the defensive staff how to run the D.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That's what you get from a piss poor fraud HC and some senile DC dude the game passed by eons ago.

Thank you Jerry.
and it only took the jones boys 10 years to realize JG was not a good OC, and another 10 years to realize JG was not a good HC.
Marinelli I think 8 years.
Those Jones boys are sharp! they dont miss a thing ! lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Back when Dave Campo was the DB coach (the 2nd time) he literally told DBs not to turn their head back towards the QB...
that is hard to believe.
But remember the detroit playoff game where our guy never turned around, and flag was picked up?
I think they all should play the ball, and to do that u have to turn around.

MikeB80

Reaction score
and it only took the jones boys 10 years to realize JG was not a good OC, and another 10 years to realize JG was not a good HC.
Marinelli I think 8 years.
Those Jones boys are sharp! they dont miss a thing ! lol

the 2007 and 2009 offenses were fantastic. The 08 and 11 offenses were very good also.

They took away his play calling after the 2012 season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I remember when Parcells retired and zimmer moved on to Atlanta. One of the big stories was defensive players complaining that it was too vanilla and two gapping up front and playing zone behind it was not working.

Then wade came in and was going to bring an "exotic" defense with all this disguising and "blitzing" Parcells did an offseason interview with Babe Laufenberg and said there was not a dime's worth of defense in the defense they will play in under wade and he chuckled about the vanilla part.

Then the numbers proved it out to be about the same.

Then in 2008 Wade had to pull back and make the defense a little more vanilla. Then he had to fire his DC Brian Stewart.

Then in 09 it was about being more basic because the defense was struggling.

its just the natural ebb and flow. last year at this time these same guys were talking about how everyone knew this system so well and how good they were going to be on defense and now just like in the camp of 07 the players are passing the buck. It's just what happens.

If I remember correctly, the first year Wade came onto the scene the sack numbers on defense went up quite a bit to one of the best in the NFL.

Nolan and Marinelli's schemes are polar opposite. I don't think its anything about passing the buck. Just stating the facts.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I see a huge change in the secondary coming. They’ve already moved Brown behind Lewis in the slot. I think that’s a good sign for Diggs. I’m thinking it’s Diggs/Awuzie/Lewis. At safety I don’t know what’s going on with the Wilson hype but Haha and Woods would be a great combo so if there is better and a CB change from Brown to Diggs that’s awesome, bring on the INTs because those are a lot of playmakers. Brown is supposed to be super fast but haven’t really seen it.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Pop Warner Defense for many years. Good bye to all the reject coaching staff that got out of Dodge.

MikeB80

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the first year Wade came onto the scene the sack numbers on defense went up quite a bit to one of the best in the NFL.

Nolan and Marinelli's schemes are polar opposite. I don't think its anything about passing the buck. Just stating the facts.

of course it went up, greg ellis played in 13 games in 2007 and they had Anthony Spencer also. It was 12 more. They had one more 1 int. the 06 team was 13th in yards and the 07 team was 9th. The 06 team was 20th in points and the 07 team was 13th.

essentially the same. Losing Greg Ellis killed the 06 defense.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Lot to look forward to about the defense. I know some were disappointed to lose Jones, but I anticipate new looks to overall boost the secondary performance. You may see a few more blown coverages with more complex schemes, but I also expect more turnovers.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that is hard to believe.
But remember the detroit playoff game where our guy never turned around, and flag was picked up?
I think they all should play the ball, and to do that u have to turn around.
It was on camera during training camp...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
of course it went up, greg ellis played in 13 games in 2007 and they had Anthony Spencer also. It was 12 more. They had one more 1 int. the 06 team was 13th in yards and the 07 team was 9th. The 06 team was 20th in points and the 07 team was 13th.

essentially the same. Losing Greg Ellis killed the 06 defense.

Essentially the same accept for being one of the better sack teams? That's a big difference to me. That's scheming.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the 2007 and 2009 offenses were fantastic. The 08 and 11 offenses were very good also.

They took away his play calling after the 2012 season.
Those offense's were only good because of Romo. Garrett was not a good OC, just my opinion, but I think he hurt those teams,and
it really showed in the playoff games.