Chido sucks

Beaker42

Reaction score
fans on this board demand perfection. we have to give up zero yards and get first down on every play and score on every drive for people to be happy. and even then they will find an issue, with the angle a CB took on a play or something like that. Chido isn't great, but he is not bad. not many teams can boast two top CBs...but that's what we fans on this forum demand.
No, but to let a guy get beat play after play is insanity. Change something up.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
We have to pay Byron, because Chido sucks. You cant have him as your top corner, guarding the likes of Julio, Hopkins, Odell, and Michael Thomas.
3 games in with 13 left, minus any playoff action. Calm down.

Ain’t about to give up on Chidobe. He had a bad game yesterday. No denying! But he’s better than that. Watch him turn the corner (pun intended)!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, but to let a guy get beat play after play is insanity. Change something up.
is that on the player or coach? and does one game make a career? I am not saying Chido is great. but it seems around here a player has a bad game and the whole board has a knee jerk reaction. he has had good games, but I guess that's expectations all the time....what if Dak or Zeke have a bad game? would we be just as tough?

InTheZone

Reaction score
We have to pay Byron, because Chido sucks. You cant have him as your top corner, guarding the likes of Julio, Hopkins, Odell, and Michael Thomas.
Sucking would be like Brandon Carr not being on the tv after every catch. Chido is either within inches or has his hand on the ball most of the time.

I dont agree with all the dislike towards him.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Sucking would be like Brandon Carr not being on the tv after every catch. Chido is either within inches or has his hand on the ball most of the time.

I dont agree with all the dislike towards him.
Look at the caliber receivers Carr had to guard and compare them to Chido’s matchup

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thats not what the homers do on here

Anybody (Willie) that says anything critical of a player on this team, they turn to insults because they cant behave like an adult.

Like you have to be a special kind of stupid to insult others that share a different opinion.
Yeah I'm just starting to learn who's who here I have no problem criticizing critiquing players. I understand exactly what you're saying I'm from the old Cowboys fan forum.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Anybody (Willie) that says anything critical of a player on this team, they turn to insults because they cant behave like an adult.

Like you have to be a special kind of stupid to insult others that share a different opinion.
I apologize, I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. So let's start over LOL I feel like I'm in a relationship. But seriously. It takes time to understand. If a person has an objective or if they're just being critical because that's what they see. I am an individual I and I alone choose what I like and don't like. I'm thinking you may be the same way. Go Cowboys

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm getting slammed on my thread right now. Because I said we didn't play as a team on defense. LMAO you're right how do you say something negative that's true. But I don't give a crap lol I've been a fan of this franchise before most of these people were even born

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Awuzie was a S at Colorado and was very very good playing S (all time DB sack leader at CU). Because of his 4.43 speed the Cowboys have played him out of position at CB. I have said this before bench Heath, start Awuzie at SS, Woods at FS and play Jones and Lewis or trade for Ramsey or Peterson. I would have given Miami the 1st rounder for Fitzpatrick play him at FS or CB allowing Awuzie to go to his natural position.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Awuzie was a S at Colorado and was very very good playing S (all time DB sack leader at CU). Because of his 4.43 speed the Cowboys have played him out of position at CB. I have said this before bench Heath, start Awuzie at SS, Woods at FS and play Jones and Lewis or trade for Ramsey or Peterson. I would have given Miami the 1st rounder for Fitzpatrick play him at FS or CB allowing Awuzie to go to his natural position.

Awuzie would make a sick SS...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was a CB at Colorado

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
When the D line started getting pressure as it should, there was less time to throw.
Chido got beat a couple times, but if you watch he was like a blanket.
Most CBs have a hard time with bigger WR's.
He saved a TD.
We don't have elite coverage safeties.
All in all, I wouldn't blow it out of proportion. We have a very good group of CBs, some fans should be more thankful we don't have the garbage we've had.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldnt say he sucks, I would say he is average. However I will agree that I dont think he will be a good #1 CB.

Personally would rather tag Jones than extended him. To be a successful CB in the NFL you need to do at least one of two things. 1) Be a threat to cause TO's. Which Jones is not 2) Be able to make stops on 3rd down to get the defense off the field. Which Jones can.

Id like to see us look at CB in round 1 during the offseason that could ultimately take over at the #1 CB slot

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I wouldnt say he sucks, I would say he is average. However I will agree that I dont think he will be a good #1 CB.

Personally would rather tag Jones that extended him. To be a successful CB in the NFL you need to do at least one of two things. 1) Be a threat to cause TO's. Which Jones is not 2) Be able to make stops on 3rd down to get the defense off the field. Which Jones can.

Id like to see us look at CB in round 1 during the offseason that could ultimately take over at the #1 CB slot
I still let byron and AB walk. Draft a CB high and sign a guy in FA just in case

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I still let byron and AB walk. Draft a CB high and sign a guy in FA just in case
Id be fine paying Byron for 1 year as a bridge as long as he doesnt crap the bed. I wouldnt make any long term commitment to him though. Late last season and how badly he got schooled by McLaurin late last week has me wondering if he is legit though.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Id be fine paying Byron for 1 year as a bridge as long as he doesnt crap the bed. I wouldnt make any long term commitment to him though. Late last season and how badly he got schooled by McLaurin late last week has me wondering if he is legit though.
Hes good against poor competition. Once he loses a step hes gonna get abused

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hes good against poor competition. Once he loses a step hes gonna get abused

He’s been solid when healthy. He never should have tried to play thru the hip injury. And I’m still annoyed they have Lewis on the pine...

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He’s been solid when healthy. He never should have tried to play thru the hip injury. And I’m still annoyed they have Lewis on the pine...
That injury excuse is tired and whack. He was out there playing and it wasnt bothering him enough to not play. And you know he was getting shot up. Last season find me a clip of him limping or wincing after a play. Lewis needs to play

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
That injury excuse is tired and whack. He was out there playing and it wasnt bothering him enough to not play. And you know he was getting shot up. Last season find me a clip of him limping or wincing after a play. Lewis needs to play

He was shutting it down all year prior to the hip issue but I personally always thought Lewis was better.