News: Chidobe Awuzie joins starting lineup as Cowboys shuffle secondary

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have never had a player like Hill, Watkins, or OBJ so I don't know how you can say that. They found uses for the extremely destitute poor man's versions like Lucky. He had big plays even if he sucked overall.
They tried with Dunbar but he was injured more than Chaz Green...

WhizKid

Reaction score
Look, the secondary is young. There will be growing pains probably into next year. Our offense needs to stay on the field and score to keep them from being exposed. o_Oo_O:confused::confused:o_O:(:(:(:(

phildadon86

Reaction score
Possibly not, but a player like that opens up things for everybody else because of the big play threat.
Ah so what you are saying is that overpaying for a decoy makes sense as long as you think the player is good? I mean hill is going to be making around what your favourite receiver makes so I guess make up your mind.

waving monkey

Reaction score
They have never had a player like Hill, Watkins, or OBJ so I don't know how you can say that. They found uses for the extremely destitute poor man's versions like Lucky. He had big plays even if he sucked overall.
they're not inclined to listen

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you. But, then again, how many games in a row have the Chiefs lost with him?:)
One player can't make a team good. The Chiefs have other issues.

I didn't suggest the Hill type player as the #1 WR.

I like Beasley, but envision replacing him will a Hill type player. Teams can play off of Beasley and just tackle him for short gains and an occasional pop for 10 or 15 yards. Do that with Hill and the 10/15 yards become long runs with some TDs.

The Cowboys with Zeke off the field have no juice players for defenses to worry about. Butler is fast but not an elusive run after catch player. Dez and Witten are slow. TWill has decent speed but nothing special. Beasley is quick but not fast. Morris and Smith are not fast RBs.

They tried to develop Dunbar but he was injured more than Chaz Green and Sean Lee combined.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah so what you are saying is that overpaying for a decoy makes sense as long as you think the player is good? I mean hill is going to be making around what your favourite receiver makes so I guess make up your mind.
Draft players like Hill in the mid rounds. Hill was a 5th round pick.

Hill would not make that kind of money if he was a free agent after this season. He is not a true #1 type WR. He has 2 years remaining on his contract after this season.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You don’t buy that the fault lies entirely with the linebackers?

I don't buy that fault lies entirely anywhere. The cohesion in the middle of the field has been awful but coverage on the strongside has been awful too.

I cannot make an informed decision on who to blame so I don't do it.

John813

Reaction score
Draft players like Hill in the mid rounds. Hill was a 5th round pick.

Hill would not make that kind of money if he was a free agent after this season. He is not a true #1 type WR. He has 2 years remaining on his contract after this season.

Hill fell due to off the field issues. Not often will you find a guy like him in the 5th IMO.
Very versatile player at Ok State. KR, PR, WR and even running the ball.
Wasn't invited to the combine due to his DV incident. Sure going to U of West Alabama didn't help either.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh great, more rotation of players, meaning. can't get in the flow of the game.
I am glad there are changes, took them too long.

But this rotation crap has to go. On the DL as now the secondary too.

Maybe Jerry needs to be orating the coaches, and I do not mean by the position they coach, I mean through the rotating doors and out.

Iago33

Reaction score
Look, the secondary is young. There will be growing pains probably into next year. Our offense needs to stay on the field and score to keep them from being exposed. o_Oo_O:confused::confused:o_O:(:(:(:(
Does it bother you that you sound just like Stephen Jones?