Chiefs dynasty is secure

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Back to back and 3 Super Bowl titles in 5 years refutes any doubts fans , critics and media had.

And Mahomes has placed himself in historic Elite company. Only Brady, Bradshaw and Montana have won more Super Bowls.

Yes, that’s the company Patrick is now in. And currently in the NFL he has no peers. He’s elevated himself into a new stratosphere. At age 28 he has ample time to add to it.

The NFL and fans embraces dynasties. It’s what we had missed most in Salary Cap era which most thought wouldn’t be possible.

Well , this is our second Dynasty team in Cap era. And while it takes a total effort with coaching , front office, defense, etc there are two QB’s which have separated themselves from the pack.

Their teams are never out of it if they have an opportunity to get the ball on last possession. They also have the tremendous comeback ability. Mahomes won all 3 SB’s after being 10 points down.

What this tells me is in this Cap era with teams that’s can’t maintain All Pro , HOF type rosters and or a Generational Defense for years having a great QB is the more deciding factor with more teams balanced with Parity across rosters.

With franchise QB’s basically paid similar salaries or contracts as the more Elite QB’s it’s never been more important to land a more Elite QB if you want to build a dynasty and then maintain it.

Last edited:

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Back to back and 3 Super Bowl titles in 5 years refutes any doubts fans , critics and media had.

And Mahomes has placed himself in historic Elite company. Only Brady, Bradshaw and Montana have won more Super Bowls.

Yes, that’s the company Patrick is now in. And currently in the NFL he has no peers. He’s elevated himself into a new stratosphere. At age 28 he has ample time to add to it.

The NFL and fans embraces dynasties. It’s what we had missed most in Salary Cap era which most thought wouldn’t be possible.

Well , this is our second Dynasty team in Cap era. And while it takes a total effort with coaching , front office, defense, etc there are two QB’s which have separated themselves from the pack.

Their teams are never out of it if they have an opportunity to get the ball on last possession. They also have the tremendous comeback ability. Mahomes won all 3 SB’s after being 10 points down.

What this tells me is in this Cap era with teams that’s can’t maintain All Pro , HOF rosters and Generational Defense for years having a great QB is the more deciding factor with more teams balanced with Parity across rosters.

With franchise QB’s basically paid similar salaries or contracts as the more Elite QB’s it’s never been more important to land a more Elite QB if you want to build a dynasty and then maintain it.
Your key point is winning come from behind games in the palyoffs. Not regular season.

Mahomes thereaten teams with not only his arm, but more importantly in close games and key moments by escaping the pass rush or helping advance the chains with his legs.

Elite QBs to me in this age of the NFL are ones who can slice and dice you with their arm in the pocket, but give you death by a thousand cuts by constantly evading your pass rush and moving the chains with their feet.

In this game I was amazed by how many times the KC pocket collapsed and Mahomes extended the play running around like a crazy man.

He is an exciting player, and more important an effective player.

FoxF

Reaction score
I can’t help but root for the Chiefs and their organization, they are very likable. Mahomes is just special, hope they upgrade his oline and Wrs.

I hated the Patriots but going to enjoy the Chief dynasty.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can’t help but root for the Chiefs and their organization, they are very likable. Mahomes is just special, hope they upgrade his oline and Wrs.

I hated the Patriots but going to enjoy the Chief dynasty.
Not sure why so many hated the Pats and Brady.

It’s always a joy for me to watch greatness.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It’s downhill from here. Chiefs owner will demand more credit and spotlight and Reid will be gone.

That’s how it typically goes right?
My thoughts too....Clark Hunt taking over for his dad and running it just the way he did....get the heck out of the way, pickup the SB trophy, and onto the next. Unfortunately, the son here will probably follow his dad, and just talk about being around the rim and being so close and "we must be doing our job." since everyone is talking about us.

Brax

Reaction score

What this tells me is in this Cap era with teams that’s can’t maintain All Pro , HOF type rosters and or a Generational Defense for years having a great QB is the more deciding factor with more teams balanced with Parity across rosters.

But according to Jerry the Cowboys already have a elite top 3 QB so it must be something else that is the problem.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
It’s downhill from here. Chiefs owner will demand more credit and spotlight and Reid will be gone.

That’s how it typically goes right?
Is there any indication that Hunt will do that?

Does he have the type of megalomaniac personality that Jerry does?

Nothing seems to show that the current version of the Hunt family has any of the Jones issues of being in the news everyday talking about non-owner issues.

If there is any blemish it is the number of players they have had come through their locker room with domestic violence issues.

Aven8

Reaction score
Mahomes is my boy, but what’s not being talked about enough is KC’s defense. That secondary is incredible. In consecutive weeks both Lamar and Purdy have had time and can’t find anyone open. Spags is a stud.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Patrick Mahomes has been a joy to watch. The probability of having someone come right after Brady and truly threaten his legacy had to be astronomically low but here we are years later staring at the reality of it

quickccc

Reaction score

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At this point all you can do is laugh
Jethro doesn’t frikin know . But QB isn’t our only area we don’t have enough. Watching the playoffs and SB support we aren’t as close as Jethro portrays us to be. Not breaking news.

For me Im a football purist and I still enjoy watching all of the games even though our team isn’t in it . Sure it makes it more fun and intense when we do have a great team but not required to be on the edge of my seat throughout the season .

I love football!! All levels of football. This was a great finish to the season and epic SB. It doesn’t have to be about the Cowboys .