Chiefs | Solari to become offensive coordinator? Al Saunders to Commanders?

superpunk

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Gimme a break with that cynical BS... the Cowboys HAVE improved, and are poised to improve even more, with an offseason as good as last year's was...

I swear to Christ, guys like you just hack me off... if you're so dead morally certain the Cowboys are doomed, why don't you just go find some other team to root for??

I agree, it's crap. But what do morals have to do with anything?;)

I swear people, go root for Saints or something......

JPM

Reaction score
silverbear said:
I swear to Christ, guys like you just hack me off... if you're so dead morally certain the Cowboys are doomed, why don't you just go find some other team to root for??

Thanks silverbear !!
:star:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Once again, Snyder and Gibbs get it. Bill and Jerry don't.

superpunk

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
Once again, Snyder and Gibbs get it. Bill and Jerry don't.

Go root for the Skins. They welcome shallow, short-sighted outlooks on the progress of an NFL team.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mash said:
Gibbs is a smart coach...............

He lets his assistants do their jobs......Williams is given total control of the defence and soon Saunders will control the offence

Here we have Big Bill control everything......

Seriously. I wonder what team some of you have been watching the last three years.

Whatever happened to the normally sane, reasonable posters on CowboysZone? I can't have everybody on 'ignore.'

Well I guess I _can_, but it kind of defeats the purpose of the message board.

neosapien23

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Gimme a break with that cynical BS... the Cowboys HAVE improved, and are poised to improve even more, with an offseason as good as last year's was...

We don't have the money right now to sign free agents. Greg Ellis, LaRoi Glover,Al Singleton, and maybe Larry Allen will all be gone in order to free up cap room. Are you willing to let quality players leave to sign people like Chris Hope, Akin Adoyele, Kevin Barry? That is what is going to happen for a big offseason. I don't see any other way to free up cap space.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
We don't have the money right now to sign free agents. Greg Ellis, LaRoi Glover,Al Singleton, and maybe Larry Allen will all be gone in order to free up cap room. Are you willing to let quality players leave to sign people like Chris Hope, Akin Adoyele, Kevin Barry? That is what is going to happen for a big offseason. I don't see any other way to free up cap space.

Dallas is well under the cap I don't know where your coming up with the ideal that we have no money to sign FA

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear said:

Or, I could have phrased it the way Silverbear did....

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
You guys get waaaay too worked up about Assistant coaches. :tantrum:

That includes ours as well as those of our opponents.

Double

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
You guys get waaaay too worked up about Assistant coaches. :tantrum:

That includes ours as well as those of our opponents.

Yes, because they actually make a difference! The right ones do.

SDogo

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Go root for the Skins. They welcome shallow, short-sighted outlooks on the progress of an NFL team.

never gonna happen but at the same time I'm not going to turn a blind eye and play the role of rowdy homer.

superpunk

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
never gonna happen but at the same time I'm not going to turn a blind eye and play the role of rowdy homer.

There's a difference between being a rowdy homer, and being ridiculously pessimistic, and short sighted. Take a long hard look at the two franchises, and then come back when you understand who really "gets it." Is it the team who is built for the future, in good cap situation, drafting well.....or is it the team who is built for last year, who if they don't win a super bowl soon, are going to have wasted years and money for nothing, and then suffer through years of working out of cap hell, mortgaging away draft picks and their future to win now. All of this has resulted in 1 playoff victory, where the other team couldn't overcome the most inept offensive performance ever put on by a playoff team, and 1 playoff loss, where they couldn't beat a team that had lost the MVP of the entire league.

I'm sorry, I'm unimpressed with Danny and Gibbs ability to "get it."

Mash

Reaction score
So....I applaud Gibbs and his efforts....I thought he did a great job this year considering what he went thru last year.....The Skins are not that talented of a team other then having...Moss, Taylor......and Portis....Moss and Portis were acquired thru trades.

Gibbs also hasn't let his ego get in the way in hiring assistants that he hasn't had any relations too....If he lands Saunders..... a quality OC....Gibbs will seem to have a solid staff.

Parcells.....unlike Gibbs likes to surround himself with puppets....Parcells is a defensive coach by nature but calls offensive plays......Parcells tells a 4-3 DC that were going 3-4 and to "learn it"......hire's a college coach from Syracuse that has a background in defense and puts him as a TE coach.....Our OL coach is so bad....that Bill will promote him.......

I wonder if Gibbs tells Williams how to run the defence?

Jack of all trades.....master of none.....

Just my opinion......Bill Parcells will leave here with a .500 record.....book it!

SDogo

Reaction score
superpunk said:
There's a difference between being a rowdy homer, and being ridiculously pessimistic, and short sighted. Take a long hard look at the two franchises, and then come back when you understand who really "gets it." Is it the team who is built for the future, in good cap situation, drafting well.....or is it the team who is built for last year, who if they don't win a super bowl soon, are going to have wasted years and money for nothing, and then suffer through years of working out of cap hell, mortgaging away draft picks and their future to win now. All of this has resulted in 1 playoff victory, where the other team couldn't overcome the most inept offensive performance ever put on by a playoff team, and 1 playoff loss, where they couldn't beat a team that had lost the MVP of the entire league.

I'm sorry, I'm unimpressed with Danny and Gibbs ability to "get it."

You know what I find interesting is that we have laughed at the skins and said the exact same things you just said all last off season. Yet, we were the one's watching the playoff's.

The Skins will be in cap hell, they were built for last year, they just don't get it yet as I said, who were we watching the last 2 weeks in the playoff's?

Skip

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Be afraid, be very afraid...

Hmmmm, Commanders remind me of the saying, the "Best Lay-ed Plans" thing and I'll start to worry when they get an owner. We have heard the Skins to be great for years now and still not that great! Peewee Herman Snyder spends enough money to rebuild a country and still they are not great?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Double said:
Yes, because they actually make a difference! The right ones do.

Sure, good coaches make a difference. But good coaches are not as rare as some people believe.

I do believe it is important to have the right Head Coach. Clearly, the Head Coach sets the tone and direction of the entire team, including his assistant coaches.

Coaches' reputations are helped by having good players. The examples of that are numerous.

Here's an old example. Bud Carson was considered a genious in the 70's as DC of the Steelers and their "Steel Curtain" defense. Funny thing, he wasn't as much of a genious when he moved to Cleveland in the 80's. Bud Carson was a very good coach. But his reputation was helped immeasurably by having about 5 HOfers on that Steeler defense. There are a lot of coaches who would have done just as well with the 70's Steelers.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Mash said:
Parcells.....unlike Gibbs likes to surround himself with puppets

Parcells surrounds himself with puppets?

Take a look at a few names who have coached for him:

Belichik, Weis, Crennel, Al Groh, Tom Coughlin, Dan Henning.

That doesn't sound like a list of puppets to me.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
superpunk said:
And Gibbs' way is working soooooooo much better.....:rolleyes:

They finished a whole 1 game ahead of the Cowboys, with a much higher payroll, playmakers like Clinton Portis, and Santana Moss on offense, and a defense in it's second year. They don't have enough cap room to make any legit additions in FA, so they better hope their coaching staff can work miracles.
What they did was make the playoffs and win a road game in the playoffs, winning 6 games in a row while we struggle to win 2-3 in a row. What they did was finish in the top 4 teams in the NFC.

31smackdown

Reaction score
Personally, I'm not so high on Saunders and not because I think he is a bad coach, but I would be cautious about hiring him.

Yes, he had success in KC, but they also have had probably the best oline in football for the last 4 years, along with players that have been in that system for a while. They did a lot of motion and disguise in the passing game and that takes time to develop. I'm not saying that he's a bad choice, but I don't think that he'll have instant success.