Chip Kelly fired

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Results get you hired and fired from almost every industry. Dont make your sales goals, gone. Simple minded or not. its the real world in a competitive field

Exactly............anybody that has to actually work for a living and is not in the family portrait of a billionaire realizes results matter a hell of a lot, especially when it comes time for evaluations, promotions, raises, ect....

Try missing your sales goal 4 out of 5 years.
Try missing your production quota 4 out of 5 years.
Try missing your departmental budget 4 out of 5 years.

Then come back here and tell me what your boss said when you told him that results don't matter.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Exactly............anybody that has to actually work for a living and is not in the family portrait of a billionaire realizes results matter a hell of a lot, especially when it comes time for evaluations, promotions, raises, ect....

Try missing your sales goal 4 out of 5 years.
Try missing your production quota 4 out of 5 years.
Try missing your departmental budget 4 out of 5 years.

Then come back here and tell me what your boss said when you told him that results don't matter.

Mine said:

"Thanks for alerting me to my simple mindedness, please carry on. Do you want my parking spot?"

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The rumblings in Philly are that Lurie met with Chip today to strip him of personnel control for next season. Chip balked, so he was fired instead.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The rumblings in Philly are that Lurie met with Chip today to strip him of personnel control for next season. Chip balked, so he was fired instead.

Sounds about right.......:lmao::lmao2::laugh:

Really wished we could have seen one more season of old Chip..and see what he would have done. I would have bet the house
Colin Kaepernick was going to Philly. Really wanted to see that train wreck:)

erod

Reaction score
The problem in Dallas are that "the simple minded" are having a problem comprehending the results. A dry hole is apparently no longer easy to identify.

Romo and Dez get seriously hurt, and folks are just dumbfounded by the results.

Amazing.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Rob Ryan come on down!

Then we can re-use all our fat jokes from the Andy Reid era.

coach steele

Reaction score
You must be new to professional sports..................if results don't matter, then why even bother keeping score?

Why don't we run some plays, then we let our opponent run some plays, then we all get ice cream afterwards.:rolleyes:

Cute. But coaches don't just say, "well, that didn't work. Let's never run a draw." The "how come" and "why" is also important. Garrett not first coach to go 4-11. He is not being fired, nor should he be, because of the why.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I love how these media types are piling on Kelly now.

They were basically anointing him as the next big thing not long ago.

I don't like him in the least, but this garbage from the talking heads right now is so nauseating.

They were all smooching him right between the cheeks a short time ago.

Now they are acting like that never happened.
Especially a guy like Colin Cowherd who consistently stated Kelly was a top five coach.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Smart timing I guess, get the jump on candidates.

I had a bet with my mate Chip would be fired during the fortnight before the Super Bowl. ******** three weeks early cost me 20 euro.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Maybe it's his stupid fac but I have a hard time believing what Rapoport says. If that is true Chip is a literal insane per.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No room in the league for combo bad grocery buyer/ chef?

Actually, a good Chef is a person who can, not only make great ingredients taste good but more importantly, can make poor ingredients taste awesome. That is a good cook. I know that this is not what you are trying to say here but just thought that it was interesting.

rynochop

Reaction score
Especially a guy like Colin Cowherd who consistently stated Kelly was a top five coach.

Yeah, he's been in love with Chip since he came to the Eagles. I haven't listened to him much since he left ESPN, I'm sure he has backed off that.

Plankton

Reaction score
Maybe it's his stupid fac but I have a hard time believing what Rapoport says. If that is true Chip is a literal insane per.

I have a hard time believing any report that comes from Ian Rapaport.

Kelly is arrogant as hell, but even he isn't that stupid.

Reactions: BAZ