Chop Robinson

Einstein

Reaction score
If this player falls to us should we take him over any OL available? I honestly know very little about most of this draft class, but if he is better than an OL player available I don't think we should force the OL pick.

Einstein

Reaction score
It depends on who’s available…if he’s clear cut BPA over the OLmen then absolutely.
OK, so who are some of the highly rated OL that you take Chop over that are expected to fall to us?

cnuball21

Reaction score
OK, so who are some of the highly rated OL that you take Chop over that are expected to fall to us?
I think realistic options include Fautanu, Mims and Guyton as guys I’d be good with over Chop.

JPJ / Barton are close but the positional value might sway me towards Chop but would be ok with either.

Would comfortably take Chop over Morgan, Kingsley, Frazier, etc…

raven55

Reaction score
don't worry with party boy in charge it will be a dumb pick as always and the 2nd round it has to be someone with a acl injury and you know whom i am talking about

Daillest88

Reaction score
don't worry with party boy in charge it will be a dumb pick as always and the 2nd round it has to be someone with a acl injury and you know whom i am talking about
Well jpj has hip issues.. could be the 2nd rounder now lol

tm1119

Reaction score

For those that think Chop wasn’t that good because the sack total isn’t impressive.

I would love Chop at 24. Being able to take a potentially elite pass rusher that late in the 1st is a no brainer to me.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I could see the front office falling in love with the obvious traits. But the question about his performance is real. Dude with that kind of talent should have dominated. Wins with speed and power, not a lot of tricks in his pass rush bag at this point.

TheDank

Reaction score
Love Chop, not going to be upset if he’s the guy at 24.

I’d take him all day every day over Mims/Guyton/Sumaiata.

He’s below Fautanu, JPJ and Barton in that order although I’d have to know more about JPJs medicals to really make that call. There’s some C’s I like later though so even if they’re on the board and they go Chop I’d be ok with Frazier in 2 or McCormick/Van Pran in 3.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Love Chop, not going to be upset if he’s the guy at 24.

I’d take him all day every day over Mims/Guyton/Sumaiata.

He’s below Fautanu, JPJ and Barton in that order although I’d have to know more about JPJs medicals to really make that call. There’s some C’s I like later though so even if they’re on the board and they go Chop I’d be ok with Frazier in 2 or McCormick/Van Pran in 3.
Mims as a prospect is every bit as intriguing as Robinson as a pass rusher. I don’t believe this team is going to draft a player and possibly red shirt him his rookie year. But Mims size and athleticism may be too good to pass up.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Mims as a prospect is every bit as intriguing as Robinson as a pass rusher. I don’t believe this team is going to draft a player and possibly red shirt him his rookie year. But Mims size and athleticism may be too good to pass up.
Mims is worth the risk to me.

Ppl forget Tyron was far from a sure thing. Same as Tyler. If Mims' work ethic and attitude line up, he's an easy pick

Bigdog

Reaction score
He has been compare to Parsons so yeah o would consider him.

RS12

Reaction score
Aside from the position they play I’m not sure there’s 1 parallel between the two players.
The parallel is a toolsy college player that never lives up to to his draft position.

tm1119

Reaction score
The parallel is a toolsy college player that never lives up to to his draft position.
Anthony Spencer had an impressive 10.5 sacks his last year in college but was a mediocre athlete for a pass rusher. There is no parallel

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Anthony Spencer had an impressive 10.5 sacks his last year in college but was a mediocre athlete for a pass rusher. There is no parallel

Just to provide some support for this....

anthony-spencer-ras-7698.png

GHjEGjXXQAAhOPm

Malhavoc

Reaction score
IMO Robinson with all that talent should give you more. I would expect to see some level of dominance. The upside is high. But the bust potential also very high.

RS12

Reaction score
Chop is your pet, I get it. For me, if you are drafting a pass rusher, he needs a track record of getting QBs on the ground. He doesnt have that. This team cant afford to draft another player full of potential in the 1st round that never realizes it.