Chris Berman is either DRUNK or has some ties to the city of Phila by saying this

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Any hope for the Eagles to LEAP FROG 3 teams to reclaim the Division will have to start today in Washington with a win?

THE DIVISION?? Is he DRUNK or is he a Philly Native?-lol

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Just the endless Iggles love by the media. Sometimes I wonder if it's ever going to stop.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
If you haven't noticed Chris Berman has been picking the complete oppo of all common belief this year.

Every pick em episode he takes the 1 team that the entire staff doesn't take.

I think he has been correlating negatively in order to play catch up or something?

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
CowboyMike;1755905 said:
Just the endless Iggles love by the media. Sometimes I wonder if it's ever going to stop.

So many don't want to accept that the Eagles dominance over the NFC East is over. Well Chris wll have to accept it one day, whether that's 2 weeks from now or 4 weeks from now

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
I don't see where it's an incorrect statement, if that's what he said.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm getting the feeling ESPN and Berman don't like the Cowboys. I've noticed this.......yes.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Um, there is NOTHING wrong with this statement.

All he's saying is that if the Eagles have ANY hope, it ends if they don't defeat the Commanders.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
jackrussell;1755921 said:

So that doesn't sound like a FAN talking to you? What other person on TV would say something silly like that? Leap Frogging THREE TEAMS?? That sounds like a fan who still BELIEVES in his team not someone who is an employee of ESPN. Or maybe he is friends with someone with the Eagles Organization. It has to be something to make that foolish statement

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
And he's got a point

the eagles are 0-3 in the division. If they hope to even try to recalim the division, its starts with a win today

The Giants have shown they suck in the second half. We have a very tough schedule the second half.

Is there a chance? yes.

But its very slim and if they lose today, its all but over.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1755936 said:
Um, there is NOTHING wrong with this statement.

All he's saying is that if the Eagles have ANY hope, it ends if they don't defeat the Commanders.

But he has to say something about the skins too. Like "AND IF THE SKINS WIN THEY MOVE CLOSER TO DALLAS" He can't just be ONESIDED because he looks like a Undercover Eagles Lover and I hate the Eagles and their Fans.

jackrussell

Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1755938 said:
So that doesn't sound like a FAN talking to you? What other person on TV would say something silly like that? Leap Frogging THREE TEAMS?? That sounds like a fan who still BELIEVES in his team not someone who is an employee of ESPN. Or maybe he is friends with someone with the Eagles Organization. It has to be something to make that foolish statement

Sounds like someone making a factual statement...and someone else being over analytical about it.

Gordon

Reaction score
Sarge;1755928 said:
I'm getting the feeling ESPN and Berman don't like the Cowboys. I've noticed this.......yes.

If I'm not mistaken, Berman goes for the Bills and 49ers. He's still frustrated about the early 90's..

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
jackrussell;1755958 said:
Sounds like someone making a factual statement...and someone else being over analytical about it.

Division Hopes at 3-5?? Who else but a fan would mention something like that? Now if they won 3 in a row and dallas or giants lost 3 in a row then yeah but none of that has HAPPENED so why talk about it TODAY?? Also why talk about it when the Eagles have been beaten by every team in the Division?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
They were 5-6 last year and rallied to win the East, so it's not inconceivable. What's unlikely is that lightning will strike twice. Plus, no Jeff Garcia to provide a spark.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1755944 said:
But he has to say something about the skins too. Like "AND IF THE SKINS WIN THEY MOVE CLOSER TO DALLAS" He can't just be ONESIDED because he looks like a Undercover Eagles Lover and I hate the Eagles and their Fans.

But honestly, for both of the teams, the Eagles need it more for their playoff lives. You know this.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1755969 said:
But honestly, for both of the teams, the Eagles need it more for their playoff lives. You know this.

Yes the Eagles need it more but as the Host of a NFL show on a NATIONAL SPORT NETWORK, you can't talk about one team without talking about the other. And if he is a Eagles fan that's fine, but I don't want him to make it OBVIOUS because that's unprofessional

jackrussell

Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1755967 said:
Division Hopes at 3-5?? Who else but a fan would mention something like that? Now if they won 3 in a row and dallas or giants lost 3 in a row then yeah but none of that has HAPPENED so why talk about it TODAY?? Also why talk about it when the Eagles have been beaten by every team in the Division?

He didn't say they had division hopes. He said that if they are to have any, they have to start winning today. This would be a true statement.

Why talk about the Eagles? Um...cuz they play in the NFL...and um....their job is to talk about every game.

Did I say over analytical? Perhaps over sensitive would be more appropriate.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
i really dont know why so many people put so much stock in what espn says, I watch them during the week and I like mondays nfl stuff all day, but there sunday morning show stinks.

If you are in the Dallas market you were treated this morning to babe laufenberg breaking down how dallas beat the eagles blitz, I recorded it and will put it up tomorrow. Put it tihs way, any analyst who criticizes romo or our line is crazy. Laufenberg showed how julius jones made a big error in pass protection and helped out columbo and let two guys come free but romo saw it and got rid of it instantly, that was the early crossing patter to owens.

laufenberg is great, the analysts that work for espn should be embarrassed, sans jaworski.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Ouch to the OP.

Sorry.

I was going to make a decent post, but...

Guess we are both rooting against the Eagles though.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
jackrussell;1755921 said:

Agree,

he said if there is any HOPE..... He did not predict anything