Chris Berman...

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
is a complete tool!!!!!!!!!

Monday Night Countdown has a very good piece about Nolan's Father passing, his history as a coach, etc.

Then this jabroni HAS to bring up how they lost in the championship game(3 times I think) to the Cowboys during the 70's. And they (the games) were all heartbreakers. And how the franchise and their fans were redeemed with "the catch". Those werent his exact words, but you know what I mean...

And can someone in espn P L E A S E get him to stop with that stupid "wwwwwhhooooaaaaaappppp!!!!!!!". i dont know whats more annoying, that or how he forgets to breathe when he talks......

sorry, got off target for a bit.....

my point is, the network was paying respect to a good coach, then he has to play fanboy....

2much2soon

Reaction score
he'll be buried with a whiner's jock strapped around his lifeless head.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Berman's act is tired. He's a tool, and is probably miserable beyond belief that the Niners blow, and the Cowboys are elite again.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He's better now than lately. He was a trend setter and I enjoyed it years ago. He needs new material and tone it down a little more.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a Niners and a Bills fan - he has plenty of reasons to dislike the Cowboys.

Have to admit I still like him - he's upfront about his biases and has fun with them, and his enthusiasm for football hasn't faded, even if his schtick has.

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
He's a big Bills fan.
The years when the bills and Boys went at it in the SB's he would always put the boys down and pump up the bills.
Loved it every SB when the bills got Busted.:laugh2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Berman was doing local Radio travel coverage for 14WNVR in Waterbury Ct in 1970's pre ESPN hitting cable late 1970's.

He has had a nice run and career, He has a unique style. I take him with a grain of salt, he entertains.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
jimnabby;1762344 said:
He's a Niners and a Bills fan - he has plenty of reasons to dislike the Cowboys.

Have to admit I still like him - he's upfront about his biases and has fun with them, and his enthusiasm for football hasn't faded, even if his schtick has.

For about 20 years in a row he picked the Bills & Niners for the SB. It has become kind of a joke now.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
I can't remember which game iit was ('70 or '71). Dallas trailed SF by 13 points w/ about 2 minutes left. We gave up and turned the channel to something else. My Daddy went to bed. When the news came on at 10 pm they announcer opened w/ "The fans in Dallas and Minnesota are celebrating tonight".

I said to my Mom, "What is he talking about? How could Dallas have won that game?". I woke up my Daddy who came out and we all listened as they talked about Roger Staubach coming off the bench to throw two TDs and win the game for Dallas. Unfortunately, Tom started Roger against the Vikes the following week and we lost in the Championship game. But you knew good things were going to come for the 'Boys.

I'm sure Tom and Dick are reliving old times right now, just as we are. And nothing Berman says or doesn't say can diminish those memories of some great games and days in the NFL. And I think it is beautiful how Nolan, Jr. wears a coat and tie as a tribute to those days when his Daddy was on top.

I hope the Niners win tonight. Sleep tight Dick and God bless your family...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
2much2soon;1762260 said:
he'll be buried with a whiner's jock strapped around his lifeless head.

:lmao:

The picture in my head on this is a scream. Too funny 2m2s.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I think Berman is funny and don't mind listening to him at all. As someone above said, at least he's open about having his favorite teams and it's become somewhat of a joke, even with him.

There are so many talking heads who deny having any bias, but you can tell they aren't being honest.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Does anyone remember hearing a story about Chrs Berman being drunk the night before SB in 2000(Titans vs Rams) and fell in his house and was able to do NFL primetime after the SB and staurt scott did the highlights instead?

That was the only SB since 1987 that Berman didn't do NFL primetime after the SB ended. Anyone remember this? I was wondering where the hell he was after always seeing him after the SB for the entire decade of the 1990's

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1762488 said:
I can't remember which game iit was ('70 or '71). Dallas trailed SF by 13 points w/ about 2 minutes left. We gave up and turned the channel to something else. My Daddy went to bed. When the news came on at 10 pm they announcer opened w/ "The fans in Dallas and Minnesota are celebrating tonight".

I said to my Mom, "What is he talking about? How could Dallas have won that game?". I woke up my Daddy who came out and we all listened as they talked about Roger Staubach coming off the bench to throw two TDs and win the game for Dallas. Unfortunately, Tom started Roger against the Vikes the following week and we lost in the Championship game. But you knew good things were going to come for the 'Boys.

I'm sure Tom and Dick are reliving old times right now, just as we are. And nothing Berman says or doesn't say can diminish those memories of some great games and days in the NFL. And I think it is beautiful how Nolan, Jr. wears a coat and tie as a tribute to those days when his Daddy was on top.

I hope the Niners win tonight. Sleep tight Dick and God bless your family...

I was in Poughkepsie NY as a 6 year old watching that game on a black and white TV in a bedroom.

NFC Semi Final win 30-28
My football card has it dated 12/23/1971

I believe we scored 17 points in last 4 minutes or so in that game. It was crazy, Know we scored late. We got the ball back again and then recover onsides and scored game winning TD as clock wound down.

One of the 2 greatest comebacks I remember. That Vike game a few years later with Hail Mary always will be up there.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
if people still like breman or not is not my point here.

my point was that while the network put together a good piece about Coach Nolan, he couldnt just say something respectful(even as a known 9ers fan that he is) and let it be.

instead he had to turn it into something that had nothing to do with the 9ers when Mr Nolan was HC.

that would be like us Cowboy fans talking about memories of Coach Landry the somebody bringin up how what the 'Boys did under Jimmy mad eus forget about Landry's 'Boys of the late 80's

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
torrescatch22;1762722 said:
if people still like breman or not is not my point here.

my point was that while the network put together a good piece about Coach Nolan, he couldnt just say something respectful(even as a known 9ers fan that he is) and let it be.

instead he had to turn it into something that had nothing to do with the 9ers when Mr Nolan was HC.

that would be like us Cowboy fans talking about memories of Coach Landry the somebody bringin up how what the 'Boys did under Jimmy mad eus forget about Landry's 'Boys of the late 80's

He made it obvoious last year he is a dallas hater when they lost to seattle and when he was showing the highlights he said

"Seattle moves ON, Dallas moves OUT"