Video: Chris Canty, “Dak Prescott is the most overrated player in the NFL”

cowboyed

Reaction score
One elite quarterback can do a lot for his team but not in winning the Super Bowl to the absolute. The Rams won the Super Bowl, do you really think Stafford is a better quarterback than Brady of the Bucs, Mahomes of the Chiefs, Allen of the Bills or even Burrow of the Bengals? You have to have outstanding or dominant players on offense, defense and special teams. You also have to have quality player depth. When our team was post season competitive and Super Bowl caliber, we had that.

Cowboys ownership and key executive management are family members and have their hands in major, multiple businesses. Too distracted, too performance analysis subjective and too failure tolerant of each other. That is why it is taking longer to get back to the team we should be again. Blaming one key player for the team coming short season after season is convenient, but senseless.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Former Cowboy, Giant

decent player

he also said this stuff about Romo as well
Interesting. Always felt the opposite with Romo. His name was always out there because he's a Cowboy, but I feel like Dak gets brought into the "who's elite" convo way more often, and I don't think Dak is even close to Romo as a pure passer. Time will tell.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You can, in large part, thank Andy Reid for all of that.

And I can thank Lurie for firing him (thank God). I was thrilled the day y’all kicked him out of the NFC East. He’s one of the greats.

His first half was strong, but his last 4 years had no playoff wins, progressively worse seasons, didn’t make the playoffs in the last 2, and culminated in a 4 win season. Sometimes it’s just time

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Well winning is winning. Dak sustained his winning percentage over 6 seasons. Lets see if both Hill and Tua can sustain their good winning percentages after 6 seasons like Dak has.

Hill and Tua are off to a good start, then we'll compare them to Dak's after their 6th season.

Are you happy with how much Dak has won, and you would be glad to see the rest of his career mirror how the first 6 years have gone?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ok, I hear you, no problem. But you still didn't answer my question.

Are YOU willing to tell everyone on this board that you know more about football and the quarterbacking position than all of the NFL personnel from around the league that has said the opposite about Dak than what you have??

Im talking about all of the GMs, players, NFL execs, coaches and scouts??? Are you saying you are a better talent/player evaluator than all of these people who said Dak is top 10???

There are also a lot of pundits and analysts and “experts” who said he isn’t top 10.

why are some “experts” more highly regarded to you than others? Because that fits the narrative you’re building. These are the same experts that said Lamar Jackson was the fifth best QB in the 2018 draft, that Trubisky was worth way more than Mahomes, that said Dak Prescott was untouchable in the first 3 rounds. Those are the experts whose opinions should be held to such high regard? Reality is we have 95% of the information they do on players, so anyone on this site giving their opinion can potentially be validated from their subjective standpoint.

We have no idea who these team insiders are they ask these questions to. A lot of front office people hve said they’re not the source of these espn articles. If you found out it was 3 guys in middle management from the Detroit lions, would you still hold that list in high regard?

The subject matter of how they justify these rank kings is important too. You and I have had a conversation in this thread about how proud you are that Dak wins regular season games. Not so long ago that wasn’t good enough for the Dallas Cowboys franchise, but things have changed. Some people may not value regular season wins nearly as much as playoffs runs. Both are valid ways of judging a player, and both can change where you place him on your list.

Reality is it’s extraordinarily difficult to compare any QBs after the top 2-3 guys who keep winning all the MVPs and rings, and any list made from you or me or the guy you’re replying to or Bill Belichick himself is highly speculative and partly random BS that makes sense to you and no one else.

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

And I can thank Lurie for firing him (thank God). I was thrilled the day y’all kicked him out of the NFC East. He’s one of the greats.

This is also very true other than Bill Cheatacheck, Andy has got to be the best HC in line.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Ok, I hear you, no problem. But you still didn't answer my question.

Are YOU willing to tell everyone on this board that you know more about football and the quarterbacking position than all of the NFL personnel from around the league that has said the opposite about Dak than what you have??

Im talking about all of the GMs, players, NFL execs, coaches and scouts??? Are you saying you are a better talent/player evaluator than all of these people who said Dak is top 10???
HELLS BELLS, when it comes to Dakota "Big Toad Hunter" Prescot I'm here to tell all these people that the dude isn't worth half the money the Cowboys pay him. His stats are so over inflated that's it a joke among the DCs in the league! DCs lov it when they play the Cowboys because they know that they don't have to use their regular coverages against Dakota. They're able to get leads on the Boys because of all the 3 and outs early in games, that's when they jump into their prevent D and sit back and watch the Toad Hunter under throw or overthrow his targets more times than not! DCs know when the BIG GAME TOAD HUNTER in the pocket they just load up on the line of scrimmage and DARE him to throw the ball. As long as the Toad Hunter is a starting QB for the Boys, they're not going to be squat in the NFL.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Over rated by who? More Cowboy fans in the middle see what he is.

Just more feeding for the Trolls.
And what is? What is he under belichick? A player is going to be only as good as his coaches allow. And Dallas' coaches suk.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There are also a lot of pundits and analysts and “experts” who said he isn’t top 10.

why are some “experts” more highly regarded to you than others? Because that fits the narrative you’re building. These are the same experts that said Lamar Jackson was the fifth best QB in the 2018 draft, that Trubisky was worth way more than Mahomes, that said Dak Prescott was untouchable in the first 3 rounds. Those are the experts whose opinions should be held to such high regard? Reality is we have 95% of the information they do on players, so anyone on this site giving their opinion can potentially be validated from their subjective standpoint.

We have no idea who these team insiders are they ask these questions to. A lot of front office people hve said they’re not the source of these espn articles. If you found out it was 3 guys in middle management from the Detroit lions, would you still hold that list in high regard?

The subject matter of how they justify these rank kings is important too. You and I have had a conversation in this thread about how proud you are that Dak wins regular season games. Not so long ago that wasn’t good enough for the Dallas Cowboys franchise, but things have changed. Some people may not value regular season wins nearly as much as playoffs runs. Both are valid ways of judging a player, and both can change where you place him on your list.

Reality is it’s extraordinarily difficult to compare any QBs after the top 2-3 guys who keep winning all the MVPs and rings, and any list made from you or me or the guy you’re replying to or Bill Belichick himself is highly speculative and partly random BS that makes sense to you and no one else.
a lot? depends. more say he is than he is not. in the end he is what he is. good enough to win. needs some help. doesn't mean you can't win with him.

and so one may go with consensus.

also, yes, some pundits are better than others...for example do you take the word of NFL execs over Skip Bayless? or do you think they are equal?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
a lot? depends. more say he is than he is not. in the end he is what he is. good enough to win. needs some help. doesn't mean you can't win with him.

and so one may go with consensus.

also, yes, some pundits are better than others...for example do you take the word of NFL execs over Skip Bayless? or do you think they are equal?

At the minimum I think a sports talk guy has to claim to be a specific sports’ analyst or insider or expert. Skip, Steven A (unless it’s basketball), Cowherd, Bill Simmons (again excluding BBall) present themselves more as obsessive fans than analysts.

Shannon’s list I might humor though

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Reid's a great coach. Had McNabb not choked, Brady' NFCE Superbowl losses would be two for the Giants & Eagles.

Loved seeing Reid winning a Superbowl for another franchise. Karma is a beautiful thing!

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well winning is winning. Dak sustained his winning percentage over 6 seasons. Lets see if both Hill and Tua can sustain their good winning percentages after 6 seasons like Dak has.

Hill and Tua are off to a good start, then we'll compare them to Dak's after their 6th season.
Winning and losing isnt a QB stat.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Wins and loses are indeed a QB stat. That's why it goes on their permanent record. But that stat doesn't mean the QB is solely responsible for that loss or win.
Oh I know its counted as a legitimate statistic. I just think its mind boggling that it does considering the fact that there are 53 players on a team. I wonder how a running back who goes off like Henry for example for 200 plus yards and 2 touchdowns feels that Tannehill gets the W in his column lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
At the minimum I think a sports talk guy has to claim to be a specific sports’ analyst or insider or expert. Skip, Steven A (unless it’s basketball), Cowherd, Bill Simmons (again excluding BBall) present themselves more as obsessive fans than analysts.

Shannon’s list I might humor though
yeah, some analysts I take with a grain of salt. some former players I tend to like more than others. Skip, Shannon are more National Enquirer than actual sports talk.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
If taking down toads and losing to average teams in the NFL turns you on then the Toad Hunter is your man. Personally, I'm sick and tired of the TOAD HUNTER fading out of control when he's in a big game. Teams jump out to leads then coast to the finish line when they play the Dallas Cowboys! Prevent D has allowed the Toad Hunter to pad his numbers for YEARS!
"Toad Hunter" really? lol you thought you had one didn't you...

Any evidence of the prevent defense at the end of games? Any specific games? I constantly hear that, but it has never been proven. Yet there are videos like this that prove the contrary...

Ignore if you want I just want proof, to what you're saying.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If taking down toads and losing to average teams in the NFL turns you on then the Toad Hunter is your man. Personally, I'm sick and tired of the TOAD HUNTER fading out of control when he's in a big game. Teams jump out to leads then coast to the finish line when they play the Dallas Cowboys! Prevent D has allowed the Toad Hunter to pad his numbers for YEARS!

Here's Tad after another Toad win by his brother.....

toad-frog.gif

Yep Apple doesn't fall far from the :muttley: