Video: Chris Canty, “Dak Prescott is the most overrated player in the NFL”

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You said what about wins???

Well Dak is ranked 4th in wins amongst all quarterbacks since he's been in the league. How does a bum pull that off???

NFL execs, players, scouts and coaches ALL from around the league said Dak is a top 10 quarterback. NFL official statisticians ranked Dak in the top 10 after adding up the production of every quarterback.

So are you willing to say that you know more about football than all the NFL execs, coaches, players and scouts from around the league??? These are people that are paid millions and eat sleep breathe football for a living.

So are you telling everyone on this board that you know more about NFL quarterbacking than all of these people I've listed above??

I'll wait....

Anything over a long time frame is a heavily flawed stat, such as Dak’s wins. Of the people he’s ahead of, how many have actually been in the nfl since 2016?

Russell Wilson has, and he has more. Aaron Rodgers has, and he has more. Tom Brady has, and he has more.

Patrick Mahomes has not, drafted in 2017 and first played in 2018. Josh Allen drafted 2018. Lamar Jackson drafted 2018. Deshaun Watson drafted 2017 AND benched all last season. Joe Burrow way younger, Justin Herbert way younger, Jalen Hurts way younger.

Many of the QBs who were ahead of him have since retired. Rivers, Brees, Roethlisberger.

So who is he actually beating within the context of that stat? Teddy Bridgewater? Kirk Cousins? Matt Ryan?

Many stats show Dak’s success properly in the NFL, but that’s a particularly loaded one.

GINeric

Reaction score
Anything over a long time frame is a heavily flawed stat, such as Dak’s wins. Of the people he’s ahead of, how many have actually been in the nfl since 2016?

Russell Wilson has, and he has more. Aaron Rodgers has, and he has more. Tom Brady has, and he has more.

Patrick Mahomes has not, drafted in 2017 and first played in 2018. Josh Allen drafted 2018. Lamar Jackson drafted 2018. Deshaun Watson drafted 2017 AND benched all last season. Joe Burrow way younger, Justin Herbert way younger, Jalen Hurts way younger.

Many of the QBs who were ahead of him have since retired. Rivers, Brees, Roethlisberger.

So who is he actually beating within the context of that stat? Teddy Bridgewater? Kirk Cousins? Matt Ryan?

Many stats show Dak’s success properly in the NFL, but that’s a particularly loaded one.

I don't know man. For some reason, it seems like every stat Dak put up is "loaded" or "doesn't count". It seem like the attention and respect for recorded production somehow stopped counting when Dak came into the NFL.

Ive never seen these restrictions put on any other quarterbacks numbers/production before.

All i know is..... only 3 quarterbacks have more wins than Dak since he came into the NFL. All those other quarterbacks were already in the NFL or just coming into the NFL. But in 6 seasons (really 5 due to injury) Dak is ranked 4th in games won over those years. It is what it is.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Wins and losses are not a QB star. Simple as that.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I don't know man. For some reason, it seems like every stat Dak put up is "loaded" or "doesn't count". It seem like the attention and respect for recorded production somehow stopped counting when Dak came into the NFL.

Ive never seen these restrictions put on any other quarterbacks numbers/production before.

All i know is..... only 3 quarterbacks have more wins than Dak since he came into the NFL. All those other quarterbacks were already in the NFL or just coming into the NFL. But in 6 seasons (really 5 due to injury) Dak is ranked 4th in games won over those years. It is what it is.

So do you believe since Dak is ranked over Patrick Mahomes because he has 2 years on Mahomes that it makes him in any way better than Mahomes?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
HELL no I don't rank him over Patrick Mahomes.

Right, so it’s a stat without any direction to it. What power does it have? You yourself don’t even agree with what it implies, as QBs he’s ahead of are better than him.

When you consider how many guys properly qualify for the stat because they’ve been around long enough (half dozen? Slightly more?) and he’s still only 4th, how impressive is it really?

Maybe winning % in that time frame would be much more appropriate, as younger QBs would be accurately presented.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Right, so it’s a stat without any direction to it. What power does it have? You yourself don’t even agree with what it implies, as QBs he’s ahead of are better than him.

When you consider how many guys properly qualify for the stat because they’ve been around long enough (half dozen? Slightly more?) and he’s still only 4th, how impressive is it really?

Maybe winning % in that time frame would be much more appropriate, as younger QBs would be accurately presented.

Using any W/L stat in a the ultimate team sport for one position is going to have huge flaws, the fact is it takes much more than good QB play to win in the NFL and especially in the playoffs....Now this does not prove anything for or against Dak either as in my mind this last playoff game was the first he actually played down to what the rest of the team was doing and deserves as much blame as the other 52 players and coaches....but this consistant "Running the ball down the defense throat" in the playoffs is not going to do any QB's "W/L" playoff record any favors either. So to your point yes the Winning % would be much better but that still wouldn't explain Stafford on the lions team.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Using any W/L stat in a the ultimate team sport for one position is going to have huge flaws, the fact is it takes much more than good QB play to win in the NFL and especially in the playoffs....Now this does not prove anything for or against Dak either as in my mind this last playoff game was the first he actually played down to what the rest of the team was doing and deserves as much blame as the other 52 players and coaches....but this consistant "Running the ball down the defense throat" in the playoffs is not going to do any QB's "W/L" playoff record any favors either. So to your point yes the Winning % would be much better but that still wouldn't explain Stafford on the lions team.

Yeah or Herbert who’s played phenomenal but his team can’t beat anybody. It become a rudderless narrative that could be used on either side of the argument:

Russell Wilson’s teams have been lackluster since 2016 and have never been in any serious contention and he still has more wins than Dak, or conversely Pat Mahomes has made 4 straight AFCCG’s yet Dak is the more winning QB. Both have to ignore heaps of context to properly qualify.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yeah or Herbert who’s played phenomenal but his team can’t beat anybody. It become a rudderless narrative that could be used on either side of the argument:

Russell Wilson’s teams have been lackluster since 2016 and have never been in any serious contention and he still has more wins than Dak, or conversely Pat Mahomes has made 4 straight AFCCG’s yet Dak is the more winning QB. Both have to ignore heaps of context to properly qualify.

To me its proves the one theory that some here can't grasp...you can have a good QB and still not win because you have ignored other very important positions on the team. Take your eagles for example if they somehow win it all this year no doubt some of it would be Hurts getting his game to another level but I highley doubt that would be the reason as the defense and run game will need to be center piece for it to happen.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
To me its proves the one theory that some here can't grasp...you can have a good QB and still not win because you have ignored other very important positions on the team. Take your eagles for example if they somehow win it all this year no doubt some of it would be Hurts getting his game to another level but I highley doubt that would be the reason as the defense and run game will need to be center piece for it to happen.
And it’s been that way for awhile. What’s we’ve done this millennium has been nothing short of mold-breaking:

2nd in conference championship appearances with 6, 6th in winning percentage, 2 SB appearance, 1 ring, 4th(!) in playoff wins….

With 0 HoF caliber QBs. Teams around us had Favre and Rodgers and Brady and Brees and Roethlisberger and Rivers and Peyton and Wilson and Mahomes….

Every time someone brings up Elite QB necessity, the correct response is the Philadelphia Eagles

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score

And Dak has a very good winning percentage.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
And Dak has a very good winning percentage.

I agree and I think Dak is a good QB but he has a point that W/L stats for a QB have a huge context to them. Again this last playoff game was the first i actually think Dak was part of the problem from watching how he played...but if we just looked at that for all his playoff games you would say he is the problem because of the record...then you wouldn't know that in those losses the other team have been able to top the 150 yard mark rushing the ball and in one literally set a playoff record running the ball with a guy whose was sacking groceries midway through the season.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
You said what about wins???

Well Dak is ranked 4th in wins amongst all quarterbacks since he's been in the league. How does a bum pull that off???

NFL execs, players, scouts and coaches ALL from around the league said Dak is a top 10 quarterback. NFL official statisticians ranked Dak in the top 10 after adding up the production of every quarterback.

So are you willing to say that you know more about football than all the NFL execs, coaches, players and scouts from around the league??? These are people that are paid millions and eat sleep breathe football for a living.

So are you telling everyone on this board that you know more about NFL quarterbacking than all of these people I've listed above??

I'll wait....
If taking down toads and losing to average teams in the NFL turns you on then the Toad Hunter is your man. Personally, I'm sick and tired of the TOAD HUNTER fading out of control when he's in a big game. Teams jump out to leads then coast to the finish line when they play the Dallas Cowboys! Prevent D has allowed the Toad Hunter to pad his numbers for YEARS!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE Chris Canty caught driving away on live cam....

GINeric

Reaction score
If taking down toads and losing to average teams in the NFL turns you on then the Toad Hunter is your man. Personally, I'm sick and tired of the TOAD HUNTER fading out of control when he's in a big game. Teams jump out to leads then coast to the finish line when they play the Dallas Cowboys! Prevent D has allowed the Toad Hunter to pad his numbers for YEARS!

Ok, I hear you, no problem. But you still didn't answer my question.

Are YOU willing to tell everyone on this board that you know more about football and the quarterbacking position than all of the NFL personnel from around the league that has said the opposite about Dak than what you have??

Im talking about all of the GMs, players, NFL execs, coaches and scouts??? Are you saying you are a better talent/player evaluator than all of these people who said Dak is top 10???

GINeric

Reaction score
Top 9, but then Taysom Hill and Tua Tagovailoa have better winning percentages. So is it an anti-Dak stat? Or just another stat that has to ignore enormous context

Well winning is winning. Dak sustained his winning percentage over 6 seasons. Lets see if both Hill and Tua can sustain their good winning percentages after 6 seasons like Dak has.

Hill and Tua are off to a good start, then we'll compare them to Dak's after their 6th season.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Dak played the role of loser QB against a middling Garappolo. Dak proved he was an over-rated slinger of piffy 12-yard strikes to a TD or WR.
But most times he just plays as if in quicksand.

Lads, show me a fan who believes Dak will succeed and I will show you a habitué of kool-ade served by Mickey Spags, Jerry and other football experts.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
And it’s been that way for awhile. What’s we’ve done this millennium has been nothing short of mold-breaking:

2nd in conference championship appearances with 6, 6th in winning percentage, 2 SB appearance, 1 ring, 4th(!) in playoff wins….
You can, in large part, thank Andy Reid for all of that.

And I can thank Lurie for firing him (thank God). I was thrilled the day y’all kicked him out of the NFC East. He’s one of the greats.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You can, in large part, thank Andy Reid for all of that.

And I can thank Lurie for firing him (thank God). I was thrilled the day y’all kicked him out of the NFC East. He’s one of the greats.
100 percent.
Just think what a coach of Reids caliber could have brought to this franchise.
Would have mirrored Jimmys success I believe.