Video: Chris Canty, “Dak Prescott is the most overrated player in the NFL”

GoldenR

Reaction score
Brady and the word overrated? Just pack up shop, stop posting, and get some REST!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not sure how Dak could be "the most overrated" when even the Cowboys fan base is divided on him.

Seems more like Canty just going for a reaction in mid-July.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not sure how Dak could be "the most overrated" when even the Cowboys fan base is divided on him.

Seems more like Canty just going for a reaction in mid-July.
I don’t think the fanbase is that divided I just think the doubters are far louder than his supporters a.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
IDK about that, they're both so loud and obnoxious no discussion about Dak is possible.
Yeah but you know negativity is far louder than the positive…always will be lol. You could say “Dak sucks but he’s great”…..and the “sucks” part would ring louder than “he’s great.”

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
David Irving contributed more for the Cowboys, and that's because he played half the games for the Cowboys that Chris Canty did.

Canty's opinion means jack squat. Just another typical jealous blowhard.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I mean it could. They have the talent to win for sure. Hell I like their chances better than the Rams who just won.
The Rams schedule is insane.

I love the additions of Allan Robinson and Bobby Wagner.
Losing Von Miller and Andrew Whitworth will hurt them though

Bucs have a nice schedule and a rally balanced team.

I'm really curious about the Saints. May be on an island, but I think all the new weapons combined with t good defense and a better Winston could get them into the playoffs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
David Irving contributed more for the Cowboys, and that's because he played half the games for the Cowboys that Chris Canty did.

Canty's opinion means jack squat. Just another typical jealous blowhard.
That's a bit unfair though. Canty's football opinion shouldn't have anything to do with what he did in his NFL career.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
on a side note he hated the cowboys as a kid regardless of them drafting him. hated them after he left so no surprise here.
He's typically fair IMO. What he said really isn't that outrageous. He said he's a great quarterback but he's overrated. Not the worst thing. I just know its clickbait.

Swagger

Reaction score
The intangibles :laugh:
Good grief. People still actually bang on about that. Hilarious.

ghst187

Reaction score
I disagree about Stafford.

But that falls into the "agree-to-disagree" category. No use in debating it whatsoever.

I will say this; I definitely don't think Dak belongs at the top of that list.

i agree on Dak. The truth is half the entire league is starting a QB who isn’t very good at all and they will probably be looking for another one soon. I mean you can’t convince me Dak isn’t better than guys like Cousins, Tua, Murray, Davis, Mayfield, Darnold, Jones, Hurts, Roth, Fields, Garrop, Winston, whomever starts in Seattle now, Trib, …I mean by default Dak is easily top half the of the league even if you don’t like him. And I really don’t see anyone saying he’s too 3 or 5 either so “overrated”? Who’s rating him too high?

DFWJC

Reaction score
i agree on Dak. The truth is half the entire league is starting a QB who isn’t very good at all and they will probably be looking for another one soon. I mean you can’t convince me Dak isn’t better than guys like Cousins, Tua, Murray, Davis, Mayfield, Darnold, Jones, Hurts, Roth, Fields, Garrop, Winston, whomever starts in Seattle now, Trib, …I mean by default Dak is easily top half the of the league even if you don’t like him. And I really don’t see anyone saying he’s too 3 or 5 either so “overrated”? Who’s rating him too high?
Agreed
I do think you would get some arguments about Murray and Cousins.....I mean, since Cousins has gone to the Vikings the last 4 years, his numbers are as good or better than Daks across the board. Yet he is usually rated lower anyway.
Murray is just different. hard to compare

As for about 15-16 other starters...well, you can rest your case, imo.

conner01

Reaction score
Jackson and Watson are BY FAR the most overrated players in the league. Jackson might be the most overrated of all time. Canty is a loser trying to stir the drink.
And it’s not even close
I just don’t get the hype for Jackson myself. He’s a dynamic runner but so was a few other guys who didn’t last long running around among 300 lb guys all day