Chris Canty reacts to Dallas Cowboys projected to win 8.5 games this season-FTF

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
.5 game is a tie
They ought to do away with the meaningless " fought to a standstill" B.S. as after the end of regulation O.T. the teams HEAD COACHES & REFEREES MEET FOR A DECIDED WINNER COIN TOSS, as tie-games in the stats are the epitome of inept NFL approved LAMENESSo_O

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Rams. Yes. Cowboys? I will wait till after the first few games.

Anyone remember how we finished last year after going 3-5? Schedules be damned!
Our season was over and we gave up a top 10 pick for Cooper, who Dak wouldn’t be able to connect with.

I don’t need to bother to check out what actually happened. All the experts here told me already.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You bet on a 3 line and the score is 20 to 17 you win. They make the line 3.5 with the score above and you lose.

Nope, that's a push. You neither win nor lose - you get your wager back.

The .5 makes sure there are no pushes - just winners and losers.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty unfair estimation of Dak there.

Number1

Reaction score

he media just name drop for the fantasy crowd

one note about the 2018 season - with Fredrick healthy - we had the best team. So much of the in-depth criticism may not count for much.

I'm rather surprised at some of the comments, like the closing one ... "more consistent Dak on the road", but they kinda just glossed over the large OL and DL investments on a team that lost a playoff game allowing over 270 rushing yards, while producing less than 50 rushing yards themselves.

also note, they never mentioned need of a real D1 o get to SB

and I find it interesting there was no mention as to why Scott was fired as if personnel moves happen in a vacuum. And ignoring major O change is coming

Colombo will move to more man blocking and Kellen to more play action. Over time that reduces the OL bill by not requiring 4 healthy #1 picks for it to hold up.

Also it makes sense for Zeke, like Emmitt the idea ought to be man blocking, Zeke is a multi-cut runner - not a one cut guy like say Murray or Dorsett. Just stay on your man and Zeke will find day light.

Wood

Reaction score
Not sure about their math.

How do you win a half game?

:omg:

Canty actually makes really good point that there has to be balance on team with over-achieving + under-achieving players in relation to their salary cap hit. Dallas is quickly approaching point where I believe its becoming top heavy with over-paid contracts combined with inconsistent performances that will rob this teams ability to do anything in FA going forward.

So:
1. OL needs to start acting like top paid OL. This means they should dominant most games.
2. Tank - you better be freak of nature at getting to QB once you get your 23 mill year.
3. Dak - needs to become major obstacle teams need to overcome to win. Too many times I felt Dak was not a problem for teams (mostly pre-Cooper trade games).
4. Cooper needs to be 80-90 yards, 1 TD WEEKLY to justify the contract he will get.
5. Byron Jones will want big money but couldn't generate a single interception all year? He was targeted 92 times. I could have gotten lucky with int if targeted that many times.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
he media just name drop for the fantasy crowd

one note about the 2018 season - with Fredrick healthy - we had the best team. So much of the in-depth criticism may not count for much.

I'm rather surprised at some of the comments, like the closing one ... "more consistent Dak on the road", but they kinda just glossed over the large OL and DL investments on a team that lost a playoff game allowing over 270 rushing yards, while producing less than 50 rushing yards themselves.

also note, they never mentioned need of a real D1 o get to SB

and I find it interesting there was no mention as to why Scott was fired as if personnel moves happen in a vacuum. And ignoring major O change is coming

Colombo will move to more man blocking and Kellen to more play action. Over time that reduces the OL bill by not requiring 4 healthy #1 picks for it to hold up.

Also it makes sense for Zeke, like Emmitt the idea ought to be man blocking, Zeke is a multi-cut runner - not a one cut guy like say Murray or Dorsett. Just stay on your man and Zeke will find day light.
Good points about Zeke.

I poInt most of our problem to the OL being so beat down by the end of the season.

Columbo and Hudson Houck did a terrific job with the injuries and backups.

But by the time the Rams came along..they had ample time to prepare and it showed.

If the OL improves which it should with Beard and Williams in his 2nd season..

Smith healthy and Collins healthy..

Witten back and Schultz improved..

TOP should increase and that helps the defense which is really struggling on the DL as we all know.

Keeping the defense off the field as much as possible is mandatory again like in 2016.

Moore has to rebuild the offense now, too.

There is a lot to do.

Whew.:omg:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Canty actually makes really good point that there has to be balance on team with over-achieving + under-achieving players in relation to their salary cap hit. Dallas is quickly approaching point where I believe its becoming top heavy with over-paid contracts combined with inconsistent performances that will rob this teams ability to do anything in FA going forward.

So:
1. OL needs to start acting like top paid OL. This means they should dominant most games.
2. Tank - you better be freak of nature at getting to QB once you get your 23 mill year.
3. Dak - needs to become major obstacle teams need to overcome to win. Too many times I felt Dak was not a problem for teams (mostly pre-Cooper trade games).
4. Cooper needs to be 80-90 yards, 1 TD WEEKLY to justify the contract he will get.
5. Byron Jones will want big money but couldn't generate a single interception all year? He was targeted 92 times. I could have gotten lucky with int if targeted that many times.
Good points.

Tank is setting himself up for failure to me.

No surgery..

If rehab is slow it maybe 2020 before he really recovers.

That puts the stress on the defense not to mention Gregory, Irvin being gone and all that investment in them up in smoke(pun intended).

Yes Jones has room to improve. The pass rush or lack of same is going to force him to not take chances on ints.

So I hope we find a way to keep him going forward. I do not want to go back to the Carr/Claiborne days.

Them

Reaction score
...Many of the people I know or hear put the Boys at 7-9 this season....I'll say 11-5.
These same people usually say 7-9 every season though...and I usually say 11-5 every season!:thumbup:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
...Many of the people I know or hear put the Boys at 7-9 this season....I'll say 11-5.
These same people usually say 7-9 every season though...and I usually say 11-5 every season!:thumbup:
Speaking of Martians..

I believe we are MARTIANS.

I firmly believe we are going to Mars to discover who we are.

The scientists would not be spending so much effort unless they knew something we do not.

Otherwise...we would be colonizing the moon.

Much closer and much cheaper.

These are about to be exciting times for our civilization IMO.

Our history is about to be rewritten.

Another thing is Our Commander in Chief last year created a Space Force along with our air force, navy and army.

Now why would we need a Space Force?

Becuz going to Mars is going to step on some bodies toes.

We are going to claim Mars as our 51st State and we will need to defend it.

Just ask the Indians how we work.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Speaking of Martians..

I believe we are MARTIANS.

I firmly believe we are going to Mars to discover who we are.

The scientists would not be spending so much effort unless they knew something we do not.

Otherwise...we would be colonizing the moon.

Much closer and much cheaper.

These are about to be exciting times for our civilization IMO.

Our history is about to be rewritten.

Another thing is Our Commander in Chief last year created a Space Force along with our air force, navy and army.

Now why would we need a Space Force?

Becuz going to Mars is going to step on some bodies toes.

We are going to claim Mars as our 51st State and we will need to defend it.

Just ask the Indians how we work.

:popcorn:

my friend, you are on some powerful stuff.

Creeper

Reaction score
It will be the Cowboys and Eagles fighting to win the division again, and if they get Demarcus Lawrence signed I don;t see the Cowboys not winning the division. Whether that's 9 wins or 11 won't matter.

Sydla

Reaction score
Tougher schedule, our track record of slinking backwards after a good year, a coach that most people outside of Dallas view as mediocre.

Its not hard to see why the over/under would be set at 8.5 games.