Chris Canty stood up Flozell and drove him back a few steps

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Chris Canty's return to the practice field is drawing closer.

Canty, who missed all of the Cowboys' off-season practices while rehabbing from knee and eye surgeries, will practice with the team, but only on a limited basis until Aug. 8, which is the target date for him to begin fully working with the team. Canty will have five days to practice with the team before the Cowboys' first preseason game against Arizona on Aug. 13.

The fourth-round draft choice is scheduled to travel Sunday to North Carolina for one final examination of his eye, and is expected back here by Monday night.

This from DC.Com............

So why is it that Canty was out there practicing today?

Any Idea Mr. Peters? Is he still tarveling to NC for an exam?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Flo felt the contact. Canty is a 6-7 290 pound BEAST. Athletic, coached by Groh and 3-4 schooled. If he's ready upfront we hit a home run on Canty.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Drederick Tatum said:
I am very happy about this. If Shawn Merriman does this to him I am gonna to be pissed!

if he even gets on the field, the guy has to sign first....unlike our guy you know the one we selected over merriman, yea he's gonna be here tommorow, oh dont i like this draft even more.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Drederick Tatum said:
I am very happy about this. If Shawn Merriman does this to him I am gonna to be pissed!
Thats if Ferriman ooops I mean merriman gets signed

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I don't know whether to be happy that Chris Canty stood up Flozell and drove him back a few steps, or sad that Chris Canty stood up Flozell and drove him back a few steps

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
I don't know whether to be happy that Chris Canty stood up Flozell and drove him back a few steps, or sad that Chris Canty stood up Flozell and drove him back a few steps

priceless! :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Flo felt the contact. Canty is a 6-7 290 pound BEAST. Athletic, coached by Groh and 3-4 schooled. If he's ready upfront we hit a home run on Canty.
Couldn't agree with you more.

Don't faint. :grin:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
All props to Canty, but something tells me a man as wise as Flo didn't exactly run it on all cylinders vs a one-eyed kid not yet cleared for full contact.

We'll see next week who eats Flo's lunch or not.

followthestar

Reaction score
these rookies will put some heat on the veterans, and let Flo get beat even once, i submit that he will not take it lightly. these guys are all competitors. still, i have to think that as good as Canty is, Flo was taking it light on him for the first couple snaps. the guy is coming off two different surgeries and i'm really not worried about either one of them. as Parcells knows, Adams can be dominant when he chooses to be, i don't care who's on the other side. still, Canty will push him and that's all for the good... i predict the first fight will break out when some dumba@@ decides to headslap Canty...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Flo taking it light? I don't buy it. Spears and Canty are big, fast, strong, young studs coming at him. Something he has never faced in prior training camps here...

Bizwah

Reaction score
Right now, Canty is listed at 279. A little light in the pants, IMO. I know he'll probably add a little more weight to his frame......he certainly has the frame to do it.

I wonder how big he can get? Julius Peppers is about 300 pounds. He carries it well. From the looks of him, Canty could easily carry 300 pounds.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Canty Played at 290 at UVA

I'll wait to see the pics are posted before I start comparing him to last years starters.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Nors said:

:hammer:

Canty may well be the steal of this draft...

I have no problem taking a chance on this kid as he isn't a bad character guy...

He is a first round talent should he fully recover...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Flo taking it light? I don't buy it. Spears and Canty are big, fast, strong, young studs coming at him. Something he has never faced in prior training camps here...
Now there is the sad truth.