Chris Canty stood up Flozell and drove him back a few steps

Reaction score
Flo probably was taking it a little easy on him. At any rate, I'm extremely glad that Canty's actually out on the field at this point in time. This kid's going to be a demon.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
trickblue said:
:hammer:

Canty may well be the steal of this draft...

I have no problem taking a chance on this kid as he isn't a bad character guy...

He is a first round talent should he fully recover...

A difference making DE that would start on most teams able to contribute immediately. yeah baby yeah

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Was Canty even in contact drills today?

I don't think so.

Must have been Coleman, Ratliff or maybe Jermaine Brooks, if there was such a play.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Right now, Canty is listed at 279. A little light in the pants, IMO. I know he'll probably add a little more weight to his frame......he certainly has the frame to do it.

I wonder how big he can get? Julius Peppers is about 300 pounds. He carries it well. From the looks of him, Canty could easily carry 300 pounds.

Peppers is not about 300 lbs. Try around 285 plus. But if I predict anyone on the Cowboys' squad to be anywhere near Peppers' caliber... my sleeper pick would be Chris Canty. :cool:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Nors said:
Flo taking it light? I don't buy it. Spears and Canty are big, fast, strong, young studs coming at him. Something he has never faced in prior training camps here...
fast? since when were either of these guys considered speed guys?

Reaction score
Perhaps more quick for their size vs speed Wayne...

Ether way, I would also want to see the play before I gave much props to Canty...Such as if it was a pass play...Flo would be doing what he needs to do by dropping back a few yards to create a pocket...

Ether way, lets hope the young guys all develop to form a new DOOMSDAY!

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
Was Canty even in contact drills today?

I don't think so.

Must have been Coleman, Ratliff or maybe Jermaine Brooks, if there was such a play.

yea he was in contact drills so no it Ratliff,or Coleman canty just isn't allowed to to full speed 11 v.11 and he is going to north carolina soon to get his eye checked out.

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
Just wanted to remind the board who promoted Canty for a half a year prior to the draft.

thats right me

Canty will be very good....

DOes anyone else think our personnel is more suited to a 4-3 than a 3-4

DE
Ware, Ellis starters
Canty Spears reserves

dts
Glover and Fergusonn
reserves Spears, Carson,

Our linebackers are on the small side to play a 3-4 it will work because of the talent but perhaps the 4-3 is more suited for this squad at this time. Any thoughts.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We are a 3-4 defense. Bill is not accepting failure and excuses. He brought the players in to execute this. 4-3onites give it up. You are like a kicked dog coming back for more beatings. Sad.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ghettogandhi said:
DOes anyone else think our personnel is more suited to a 4-3 than a 3-4
Most people in here believe that to be true. BP knows it also. That is why we won't be an exclusive 3-4 defense. We will change back and forth as the situation calls for.