Chris Henry or no Chris Henry, that is the question

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After reading the customary 'I know what most of the board is thinking' comments, I thought that a poll would provide something a little more concrete.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Since we know he won't miss the entire year, I say bring him into camp with a contract similar, if not stiffer, than the one given to Tank. He screws up, he's gone and the contract is voided. If he keeps his nose clean, he could be a productive No. 2 in this offense.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Wait until the 4 game suspension is up and see how our WR's are looking. If we are struggling at the position then maybe give him a shot. If he is on our roster at the start of the season (even if suspended) we are on the hook for his salary for the whole year (even though he should come cheap) and we still don't know if we need him. One of our young guys might surprise us and turn out to be the real deal.

Spectre

Reaction score
Hostile;2169944 said:
I need one that says, not only no, hell no.

SkinsSuck09

Reaction score
I say bring him in and familiarize him with the offense. That way when his 4 games are up, he can help us with the second half of our season. Where we seem to need help the most. He is a good receiver, just crappy off the field. What is it about WV university?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollresults.JPG

speedkilz88

Reaction score
JackMagist;2169938 said:
Wait until the 4 game suspension is up and see how our WR's are looking. If we are struggling at the position then maybe give him a shot. If he is on our roster at the start of the season (even if suspended) we are on the hook for his salary for the whole year (even though he should come cheap) and we still don't know if we need him. One of our young guys might surprise us and turn out to be the real deal.
He's only played three years in the league so that can't be true. Vested vets are the ones who get their contracts guaranteed if they are on the team at the start of season.

Reaction score
DallasEast;2170470 said:
Who and who?

Anybody who wants Chris Henry on the Cowboys. He knew he was on thin ice after being suspended last year and in the offseason he punches some kids car window. He's a *** idiot

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2170499 said:
Anybody who wants Chris Henry on the Cowboys. He knew he was on thin ice after being suspended last year and in the offseason he punches some kids car window. He's a *** idiot
Judge threw out the car window accusation from the very beginning of the trial, he was being charged with misdemeanor assault and the jury was hung 6-2 in his favor and the prosecution dropped the charges when the judge made another ruling that didn't help their case.(and "the kid" had a longer police record than Henry)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2170494 said:
He's only played three years in the league so that can't be true. Vested vets are the ones who get their contracts guaranteed if they are on the team at the start of season.
I was thinking he had been around longer than that. Maybe it's just because we have heard his name so much (mostly bad stuff) over his career.

Still I don't want to bring him into TC and take reps away from the guys who I hope will render bringing him in unnecessary.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2170487 said:
Surprised by the voting. Jesus people, how many cancers do you want on one team??!!!!??!!

I cannot tell if you are being serious, but I am going to assume you are.

Who is the cancer? Used to be Owens. False. Then Tank Johnson. He's anything but thus far. Adam Jones? Sounds like he has energized camp thus far.

If anything we should be encouraged by what Calvin Hill has been able to do with these players. It is remarkable. I am simply against it for a silly reason as I think we might be pushing our luck by adding another headcase.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Surprised by the voting. Jesus people, how many cancers do you want on one team??!!!!??!!

Id say we have one in pacman. Another woudnt mean much, it would just mean wed have to hear a lot of **** from cowboys haters, but were used to that

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2170505 said:
Judge threw out the car window accusation from the very beginning of the trial, he was being charged with misdemeanor assault and the jury was hung 6-2 in his favor and the prosecution dropped the charges when the judge made another ruling that didn't help their case.(and "the kid" had a longer police record than Henry)

Yeah i guess he's just a good guy that was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Please. I knew Pacman Jones briefly in the past, he's a piece of trash just like Henry is.