Chris Henry or no Chris Henry, that is the question

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I wouldn't hate the addition, but it might not be a good idea putting Henry and Pacman together again. Jerry also knows a whole lot more access to information on these guys than we do. So there might be things that would keep him from taking the chance.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Alexander;2170507 said:
I cannot tell if you are being serious, but I am going to assume you are.

Who is the cancer? Used to be Owens. False. Then Tank Johnson. He's anything but thus far. Adam Jones? Sounds like he has energized camp thus far.

If anything we should be encouraged by what Calvin Hill has been able to do with these players. It is remarkable. I am simply against it for a silly reason as I think we might be pushing our luck by adding another headcase.

I was joking. And i don’t think that is a silly reason. If we can at least limit one of these guys per season.

Spectre

Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2170499 said:
Anybody who wants Chris Henry on the Cowboys. He knew he was on thin ice after being suspended last year and in the offseason he punches some kids car window. He's a *** idiot
love your draft choices in your sig.
I have a feeling when a season or two passes, those guys will be "the ones that got away."

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I think we have to give the wait and see mentality wait and see how the young ones produce during the 1st 4 weeks of the season.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2170518 said:
I wouldn't hate the addition, but it might not be a good idea putting Henry and Pacman together again. Jerry also knows a whole lot more access to information on these guys than we do. So there might be things that would keep him from taking the chance.
This is my big concern with bringing him in. Old croneys have a habit of getting back to old ways when they get together. Get Adam Jones straightened out and off suspension and see to it that he is on the straight and narrow before even thinking about bringing in Henry. Another reason not to bring him to TC and hopefully not need to bring him in at all.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
voter2.JPG

Strange. I had read comments stating that most of the board were in favor of getting Chris Henry. Hmm...​

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2170510 said:
Id say we have one in pacman. Another woudnt mean much, it would just mean wed have to hear a lot of **** from cowboys haters, but were used to that

Is Pacman really a cancer? He made some bad choices, and hung out with the wrong people, but I dont recall anything about him upsetting his teammates with his behavior.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DallasEast;2169883 said:
After reading the customary 'I know what most of the board is thinking' comments, I thought that a poll would provide something a little more concrete.

If the poll read "Herpes or no Herpes, that is the question", my answer would be the same... :D

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
silverbear;2171586 said:
If the poll read "Herpes or no Herpes, that is the question", my answer would be the same... :D

You would say, "Don't bring him to camp"? :p:

I said no too. Lot's of reasons but a main one would be that I don't want to link him up with Pac again. Maybe they didn't hang out and get into trouble at W VA... Maybe they did. Pac is going to be a HUGE upgrade in our secondary though and I wouldn't want to risk it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear;2171586 said:
You don't want an outbreak of herpes to hit training camp??? Shame on you. HBO would love that kinda drama for Hard Knocks. ;)

Hoofbite

Reaction score
JackMagist;2169938 said:
Wait until the 4 game suspension is up and see how our WR's are looking. If we are struggling at the position then maybe give him a shot. If he is on our roster at the start of the season (even if suspended) we are on the hook for his salary for the whole year (even though he should come cheap) and we still don't know if we need him. One of our young guys might surprise us and turn out to be the real deal.

If you are going to bring him in, you need to bring him in now. Counting on him to come in after week 4 and pick up enough of the offense to contribute isn't going to happen.

I'd be shocked if Jerry wasn't taking a look-see. Under a cheap minimum contract and on tight restrictions, I wouldn't mind him getting a look.

Correct me if I am wrong but he wouldn't count as a roster spot until reinstated, right? Or does he count anyway?

If not, the team pretty much gets to carry him at no immediate expense to any of the other WRs.

Cheap contract, short leash, why not?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DallasEast;2171681 said:
You don't want an outbreak of herpes to hit training camp??? Shame on you. HBO would love that kinda drama for Hard Knocks. ;)

Well, that's different then... I live for HBO's high ratings... :D

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;2171686 said:
If you are going to bring him in, you need to bring him in now. Counting on him to come in after week 4 and pick up enough of the offense to contribute isn't going to happen.

I'd be shocked if Jerry wasn't taking a look-see. Under a cheap minimum contract and on tight restrictions, I wouldn't mind him getting a look.

Correct me if I am wrong but he wouldn't count as a roster spot until reinstated, right? Or does he count anyway?

If not, the team pretty much gets to carry him at no immediate expense to any of the other WRs.

Cheap contract, short leash, why not?
He would count against the training camp roster, but not the 53 man roster until the 4 week suspension was lifted.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2171729 said:
He would count against the training camp roster, but not the 53 man roster until the 4 week suspension was lifted.

Then no biggie.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
How long will it be until some player's behavior is so toxic that no team will be willing to pick them up reguardless of talent level? Could this be the first?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IndianaCowboyFan;2172394 said:
How long will it be until some player's behavior is so toxic that no team will be willing to pick them up reguardless of talent level? Could this be the first?
I don't know, but there are about 47 posters (so far) who would argue that it shouldn't start with Chris Henry.