Chris Henry or no Chris Henry, that is the question

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't want him but I don't have too great of an objection. I'd have to review everything and I'd probably hire an investigator before hand. Then testing, psychiatric testing and interviews, social tests, talk with coaches and such, then do a workout and interview.

If there were no absolute nos in there and the rest went reasonably well then I'd consider it. I doubt things are as bad as it appears a lot of people think o/w he'd be in jail. Troubled yes. Incorrigible I don't have the slightest idea.

We have a negative data index. We don't know what to do. If JJ brings him in I hope he does at least what I suggested.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
He's not even a good WR from what stats say.

I doubt that he'd be able to beat Crayton, so what's the point?

With TO, Tank, and A. Jones, it's a high reward situation. With Henry it's "high risk, low/medium reward". Forget it.

We're too worried about our WR. Hopefully Jerry isn't this worried; I'd hate to end up picking up guys off the streets.

We were fine last year, we should be fine this year.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2172525 said:

With TO, Tank, and A. Jones, it's a high reward situation. With Henry it's "high risk, low/medium reward". Forget it.

We're too worried about our WR. Hopefully Jerry isn't this worried; I'd hate to end up picking up guys off the streets.

Hes good. Tall, long arms, ect. great redzone threat.

You could move him outside and slide Crayton in the slot. He could make for some match up nightmares. You could send him deep, and run T.O. underneath.

With how bad his situation is, Im sure you could work the contract where theres no risk outside PR.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2172525 said:

Chris Henry the receiver is a pretty good player. Chris Henry the person is a pretty crappy guy. Don't confuse the two. The guy can play ball, plain and simple. You're right in that he probably wouldn't beat out Crayton. But you better believe that he would beat out Hurd or Austin in heartbeat.

What makes Henry "high risk"? The biggest possible cost to the team would be the loss of Amendola or Jefferson. Not really a noticeable hit if Henry pans out.

On the whole, yes. When TO was out, NO!. Dallas will only be fine as long as TO doesn't get hurt. If he goes down again, things are not fine.

Chris Henry is not the long term answer that Dallas needs at the WR position. Hopefully that will come next year in Roy Williams.

Chris Henry is a capable player who would definitely contribute more than the current #3 or #4 receivers.

I'm not a big Henry fan because he's a d-bag and I could care less if he is brought in or not. I am a fan of improving the WR position because I know that any absence of TO will result in a dramatic drop-off in offensive production.

Henry like Jones and Tank is a low risk opportunity to improve at a position. If he messes up, cut him.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2172536 said:
Hes good. Tall, long arms, ect. great redzone threat.

You could move him outside and slide Crayton in the slot. He could make for some match up nightmares. You could send him deep, and run T.O. underneath.

With how bad his situation is, Im sure you could work the contract where theres no risk outside PR.

I don't see it.

There's less risk inside our roster. I can see going for another WR, but I really don't think Henry will work out. TOO many mistakes on his part. (And I was against signing A. Jones also, but he's here, so let's make the best of it.)

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2172549 said:
Chris Henry the receiver is a pretty good player. Chris Henry the person is a pretty crappy guy. Don't confuse the two. The guy can play ball, plain and simple. You're right in that he probably wouldn't beat out Crayton. But you better believe that he would beat out Hurd or Austin in heartbeat.

If he doesn't beat out Crayton, what's the point, IMO? We've got TO, Crayton, and Witten starting out there, and Hurd is a serviceable WR for the most part.

I'm not against going a different route, but I don't see the point in picking Henry up 4 games in the season, possibly having to pay Goodell's stupid consequences if Henry continues to be an idiot.

Hoofbite said:
What makes Henry "high risk"? The biggest possible cost to the team would be the loss of Amendola or Jefferson. Not really a noticeable hit if Henry pans out.

You're right. He's not high risk, but he's certainly not high reward. And I'm sure Goodell would love to "discipline" Jerry if Henry has more run-ins with the law.

Hoofbite said:
On the whole, yes. When TO was out, NO!. Dallas will only be fine as long as TO doesn't get hurt. If he goes down again, things are not fine.

Chris Henry is not the long term answer that Dallas needs at the WR position. Hopefully that will come next year in Roy Williams.

Chris Henry is a capable player who would definitely contribute more than the current #3 or #4 receivers.

I'm not a big Henry fan because he's a d-bag and I could care less if he is brought in or not. I am a fan of improving the WR position because I know that any absence of TO will result in a dramatic drop-off in offensive production.

Henry like Jones and Tank is a low risk opportunity to improve at a position. If he messes up, cut him.

Of course, you always have problems when your #1 WR goes down. I'm sure that our offensive production post-TO injury was due mostly to TO, but I'm also sure that part of it was our December/January slump or whatever.

I think that this year, we can count on Hurd, Austin, and maybe even Crayton being better than they were last year, and Amendola may be good for a nifty catch or two.

IMO, even if C. Henry were here, a TO injury would lead to a dramatic drop-off.

I just don't see much of a point in picking up Henry. Pick up another WR, sure, but I don't see why it HAS to be Henry.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Firstly, I think your underrating Henry. Sure he had good WR's ahead of him in Cincy, but when the ball was thrown his way he made plays. Hes a weapon. He would help us win games.

I dont see the risk-

1) It would take a special kind of ****** bag to mess up one more time w/ this being possibly his last chance.

2) Just like Pacman, you can work the contract so you really dont get hurt if he screws up again.

Of course I want to go after Roy Williams, but if we cant get him Henry would be a nice cheap option

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2172563 said:
Firstly, I think your underrating Henry. Sure he had good WR's ahead of him in Cincy, but when the ball was thrown his way he made plays. Hes a weapon. He would help us win games.

I dont see the risk-

1) It would take a special kind of ****** bag to mess up one more time w/ this being possibly his last chance.

2) Just like Pacman, you can work the contract so you really dont get hurt if he screws up again.

Of course I want to go after Roy Williams, but if we cant get him Henry
would be a nice cheap option

Fair enough.

First things first, I'd wait for the 4 weeks of regular season to pass before making a move. I wouldn't be surprised if he screwed up before that time.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Thats another queston. If you bring him in after the suspension then it might take a while for him to get w/ it.

But it also will keep him out of trouble

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
The Cowboys should bring him in, why?, because Cowboys are the best fit for him.

The Cowboys offers Chris Henry alot of help in rebuilding his image by getting to know his teammates and learn from people like Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin, Calvin Hill, and others who may give good advice (i.e. Tank Johnson, Pac Man Jones, and Terrell Owens.)

Chris Henry has enough potential to be the next Randy Moss. Chris Henry is a deep threat, he has lights out speed, and he has freakest size 6-4 220. This guy should be picked up, he's talented, and I believe Jerry Jones will give him a chance because he knows that he has the people surrounding Cowboys to help Chris Henry grow into a better player and person (i.e. T.O., Tank Johnson, AJ, and many more).

I know C.H. would be on a short leash just like Terrell Owens was when he came here, but guess what?, there's no risk envolved in trying to get someone with the talent of Chris Henry.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Only way I see Chris Henry on this team is if Crayton or Austin get injured.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
voter5.JPG

Voting is nearing the 3-to-1 plateau against bringing in Chris Henry as the poll has reached its halfway mark.​

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have not seen Dallas showing any interest in Henry and hopefully they will pass on him. I would not be surprised to see Dallas acquire a vet WR after teams are forced to make some cuts but I don't think Henry is even on the radar screen.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Id take a chance, we have great support system for players, be nice to have that last puzzle piece.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Final results...

results.jpg

CowboysZone votes
thumbdown.jpg
to Chris Henry.

Many thanks to all who participated.