Chris Jones Out Multiple Weeks

Aven8

Reaction score
Why are we putting up with a punter who stinks because he's been hurt two years in a row?

I miss Parcells ranting about these kickers who get hurt.

Speaking of that, how the hell does a punter get hurt without getting touched?!?

His last kick for us was last week IMO.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Speaking of that, how the hell does a punter get hurt without getting touched?!?

His last kick for us was last week IMO.
Is the strength and conditioning staff the same group from previous years, I only ask because of the chronic hammy and groin issues now we have guys going down with sports hernia.

Aven8

Reaction score
Is the strength and conditioning staff the same group from previous years, I only ask because of the chronic hammy and groin issues now we have guys going down with sports hernia.

I actually think he’s gone.

quickccc

Reaction score
they will likely IR him and add a punter from PS ... consecutive seasons with injuries that has him as an average punter ...or less will spell his last year here.

He wasn't special in that area at all. Probably Kept to bring fake punt possibilities.

quickccc

Reaction score

No, ..it's a different one than the Mike Woicick that has been the Cowboys -and Pats in between, ..strength coach for years. Players such as
Michael Irvin and Pat players such as Bob Brudsinki said Woicik was the best they have had.
But in a surprise move either Woicik retired ...or he moved on to another team in some other capacity, i haven't seen his name appear elsewhere in NFL.

Marcus Paul supposedly trained and learned under Woicik, and MM found him suitable to be Strength coach here.

And we haven't had the chance to input an offseason under Paul with this pandemic so i don't think it's fair to place any suspicion or blame towards him.

jrumann59

Reaction score
No, ..it's a different one than the Mike Woicick that has been the Cowboys -and Pats in between, ..strength coach for years. Players such as
Michael Irvin and Pat players such as Bob Brudsinki said Woicik was the best they have had.
But in a surprise move either Woicik retired ...or he moved on to another team in some other capacity, i haven't seen his name appear elsewhere in NFL.

Marcus Paul supposedly trained and learned under Woicik, and MM found him suitable to be Strength coach here.

And we haven't had the chance to input an offseason under Paul with this pandemic so i don't think it's fair to place any suspicion or blame towards him.
So he could not send the players a few pages of recommended stretches they should do and some exercises to focus on.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Sad for him, but good for our special teams.

I don't know about stats or whatnot, but based on direct observation, he has been one of the worst punters in the league.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Confirmed by the Fan. Core muscle surgery.

Broaddus hinted at this when he was doing the autopsy after the Philly game. Been playing hurt for awhile now.

And to think there were some that when the Cowboys signed another punter last week before it was made public about Jones having some difficulties people here were saying that with all the problems the Cowboys had to use up a practice squad spot on a punter was dumb. Well his automatic 5 day wait on the covid list when a player signs with a new team is over and he can now step in and do the punting. Maybe that wasn't so dumb after all. This is just another case of teams knowing things that the fans don't.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----The criticism Jones gets for punting is way overblown

Seriously? I've seen enough punts from his 15 get caught at the opponents 49 to last me a lifetime.

Mannix

Reaction score
Back in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, I won 3rd Place in the Ford Punt, Pass, and Kick in 1971....mad skillz here...I'll do it for free nachos and a tour of Victoria's Secret.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Can we try one of the Japanese punters I like? Or maybe we could bring in Lachlan Edwards. He and I went to the same college. He's an Aussie punter, and we've had success with Aussie punters before.