Chris Russo - WFAN - Dallas about to fold for the season

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Scott,

Do yourself a favor, spend a few bucks, get XM Satellite radio and listen to some real sports shows....Mike and the Mad Dog and the FAN are as relative as the mullet...

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Still not the same person, tho, despite similar tendencies. :cool:
Brothers? cousins? Kissin Cousins? :D ...never know could be.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Our COWBOYS will show up and either recieve or kick on the opening play--bank on it!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
ScottCase said:
Just gave his picks - said Dallas is a joke - struggled with the 49ers a team the Cards ripped - said If we were a real club we'd have beaten Oaktown. Said the Iggles will Tattoo us, this is a roll game for them, not a let down, they'll be flying after the KC game. Said TO will be motivated to embarrass Roy.
Giants up next - doesn't look good for Dallas and said we look like a 7-9 finish.
7-9? That's two games better than last year...I'm hoping for 8-8, but I can live with any improvement.

ScottCase

Benched
Reaction score
1) MIke & Mad Dog started sports radio in America - they are the longest running duo and most successful

2) Chris Mad Dog Russo is a millionaire - and is the highest paid Sports talkie around w/ Mike Francesca - Russo is also the author of a NY Times Best Seller "The Mad Dog 100"

3) Please stop saying I'm this Badattitude character - I do not have a nasty disposition and I do not swear or yell at anyone. I take it that he did with that moniker of his.

Martice

Reaction score
Chris Russo is a commentator in NYC. He has said that he has no football team as of yet but he still considers himself a fan of football. To top it off, he's a fan of the Boston Red Sox as well.

He sucks and is part of the reason I don't listen to his show on the radio. The other part is his partner Mike I forget his name.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Russo for those that listen to him over the years is a San Fran Giant fan..... He roots for Sox to bust Francesca's chops.

2sons

Reaction score
I've been listening to the show since the early 1990's. As far as I'm concern it's the best sports show on the radio. Francesa really is the show and far more respected. To Russo's credit, he's the first to admit that he absolutely hates the Cowboys and will only begrudingly give them credit.
Francesa always called it straight. Not a Cowboy fan but always had tremdous respect for Johnson's teams.
Would certainly sip Parcel's bath water and openly supports the Cowboys since his arrival.

ghst187

Reaction score
have to say that I agree with him on the San fran and Arizona remarks...I'm still pretty embarrassed and embittered about 3 out of our 4 games.
I also don't hold out a lot of hope of beating the igglets, not unless there are some serious changes in playcalling on both sides of the ball.
I don't think we're going to fold it in though. I don't really think the defense can get a lot worse, only better (giving up 30 pts to the 69ers, could it get worse? they'll be lucky to score half that in one game the rest of the season)
As for Roy, I'd really love just to see him make a big play, any play....one or two per game would help immensely...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
ScottCase said:
Just gave his picks - said Dallas is a joke - struggled with the 49ers a team the Cards ripped - said If we were a real club we'd have beaten Oaktown. Said the Iggles will Tattoo us, this is a roll game for them, not a let down, they'll be flying after the KC game. Said TO will be motivated to embarrass Roy.
Giants up next - doesn't look good for Dallas and said we look like a 7-9 finish.

Oh dear, whatever WILL we do-- both Chris Russo and you have given up on the Cowboys...

Wait a sec, I forgot, both of your are utterly insignificant, and show no signs of having the first clue *** you're talking about...

You'd be doing us all a kindness by dropping the "we" crap when you talk about the Boys, I don't think anybody in here believes you're really a fan of our team...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
ScottCase said:
1) MIke & Mad Dog started sports radio in America - they are the longest running duo and most successful

LOL... yeah, sports radio never existed before they came along...

2) Chris Mad Dog Russo is a millionaire - and is the highest paid Sports talkie around w/ Mike Francesca - Russo is also the author of a NY Times Best Seller "The Mad Dog 100"

I'd like to see some numbers documenting that... I'd bet that even that moron Rome makes more money than Mad Dog...

And of course, Howard Stern makes more money than any of 'em, and he's still a card-carrying moron... some folks-- like you-- apparently ENJOY listening to stupidity...

3) Please stop saying I'm this Badattitude character - I do not have a nasty disposition and I do not swear or yell at anyone. I take it that he did with that moniker of his.

Naw, he just b***** about everything related to the Cowboys-- just like you... the folks in here are tellin' it straight, his schtick was remarkably similar to yours...

And he was just as popular as you're making yourself, troll...

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I used to listen to a guy in Cleveland in the late 70's on WWWE named Pete Franklin, who recently passed away. He is credited with starting modern sports talk radio. Mike and the Mad Dog Russo praised Pete upon his death. He was the fore runner to their show and left Cleveland to become one of the first hosts on WFAN. He hated Russo!. :iggles: :trophy: :suxiggle: :disseags:

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
ScottCase said:
**** MADDOG! He bashes everything and everyone. He claims he has no favorite team. What kind of sports analyst can actually claim not to favor a team. His buddy Mike is a fool riding Russo's coattails!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Mad and the Dog overall are good. Take it for what it is. I listened to them for a decade plus and to this day still can get 660 AM here in metro Boston.

All in all I really like the WEEI Ordway show here in Boston - more entertainment.