Video: Chris Simms - simple fix for Dallas

yimyammer

Reaction score
Yup, there is our clue as to who the biggest problem with the Cowboys is

yup, its all us dumb fans for allowing jeri to endlessly monetize the undying devotion to a brand that frankly doesn't deserve it and as a result gives jeri free to tell us all to figuratively pound sand and do what ever he wants til the day he dies

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:lmao:
3kj0lj.gif
You have a rare and enviable talent to create laugh out loud memes. I salute you!!

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
He sucked as the QB for the Texas Longhorns.
Thats all I need to know .
Being good as a player = Someone I should listen too.
Being bad as a player = Someone I shouldn't listen too.

SMH. It is amazing that anyone could go through life with such a simple yet idiotic philosophy. Wow.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think most of what Chris is saying is what we've been saying all the time. The problem is Garrett. It's just that obvious.

Garrett is the current manifestation of the problem. That last time this team won a divisional round playoff game Barry Switzer was being carried by Jimmy's Hall of Famers.

How many coaches has Jerry gone through since then?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
There are some good coaches on the team.

Kitna, KMoore, Columbo, Brown, and KRichard are all keepers.

I'd hate to see a clean sweep.

Marinelli and Quinn need to be fired yesterday.
Why are you giving K Richard a pass? He is every bit as much to blame as Marinelli! He is the one calling the defense!! The basic defense that doesn’t give our players a schematic advantage at all!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
You needed Phil Simms' ugly kid to tell you what you should already know?
That’s funny.

No I don’t, but it is good to hear football people that have a platform explain it. My rants will not get to Jerry, but maybe Simm’s ugly kids rant will get to Jerry. Does that make sense to you, Mr. You Should Already Know That?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Great analysis by Simms, but before you agree with him, ask yourself, have I been one of hose proponents of running the football every game? Have I been that guy who wants Zeke getting 30 carries without consideration for the defense he facing? Because if you answered yes then you are not getting what Simms is saying. What drives me crazy about the Cowboys is they never seem to understand what their opponents does well or what they are trying to do to stop the Cowboys offense. The same is true for the defense. Like Simms said, against the Eagles it was obvious in two drives what they were doing on offense. Its the same thing they did against the Giants in the 4th quarter of their comeback victory. Short, quick throws to avoid Wentz having to make throws under pressure. The Cowboys never adjusted the game plan.

On offense its even worse. Against the Eagles the Cowboys ran Zeke on 6 of their first 7 first downs. You know what they did on 2nd down. They threw the football 7 of 7 times. The Cowboys ran the ball 17 times, including one run by Dak that was really a scramble. They ran 10 times on 1st down, 3 times on 2nd down and 4 times on 3rd down and 3 of those 3rd down runs were 3rd and 1. The other 3rd down run was Dak on a 3rd and 10 scramble. Do you think the Cowboys are predictable? But how about this? Zeke ran 2 times on 2nd and 10. He gained 9 yards on each of those carries! The other 2nd down run was a 2nd and 2 to Pollard for 1 yard.

The problem with the Cowboys, at least against the Eagles exactly what Simms says. The Cowboys were trying to force the run on 1st down into loaded fronts. Then they would throw the football when the Eagles were expecting them to throw. The Eagles are not a good pass defense and the Cowboys should have been throwing downfield on 1st down more often.

Here is a question, if the Eagles watched the video of the Rams-Cowboys game and saw the Cowboys run for 260 yards, what would you think the Eagles would try to do on defense? The answer is obvious. So if you are the Cowboys and you send your offense onto the field knowing the Eagles are a poor pass defense, what should your game plan be?
We should take what the defense gives us. In general when the box is heavy we should throw it. But no we forced the run into Philly’s 8 man box early in the game. When the box is light, in general, we should run it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Why are you giving K Richard a pass? He is every bit as much to blame as Marinelli! He is the one calling the defense!! The basic defense that doesn’t give our players a schematic advantage at all!

Because KR isn't the DC in Dallas. (And his legion of boom credentials are outstanding.)

He's the passing game Coordinator.

How jacked up is our Defense if the DC isn't running things?!?!?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We should take what the defense gives us. In general when the box is heavy we should throw it. But no we forced the run into Philly’s 8 man box early in the game. When the box is light, in general, we should run it.

Agree.

We should want teams to play 8 man PRess. Single outside cover with one safety. That's a QBs dream.

But for some reason, Dak struggles with that scheme.

The Giants played that on us in 2016. Teams copy it.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Because KR isn't the DC in Dallas. (And his legion of boom credentials are outstanding.)

He's the passing game Coordinator.

How jacked up is our Defense if the DC isn't running things?!?!?
I think our DB’s have regressed under KR and I do think he is the coach calling the defense. I also wonder why Seattle fired him. I am hoping he is fired after our last game.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think our DB’s have regressed under KR and I do think he is the coach calling the defense. I also wonder why Seattle fired him. I am hoping he is fired after our last game.

so the passing game/ def backs coach is running the Defense on game day?

that’s jacked up.

why are they paying Marinelli to be the def coordinator?

Sully

Reaction score
Jerry Jones doesn't care what anyone says. It's his way...period

Valkyr

Reaction score
I'm so sick of everyone on this team and staff that I think I'm going to need hypnosis not to break out in hives when I watch them play.

100% turnover, get rid of them all.

kskboys

Reaction score
The only “simple fix” is to blow it all up. Simple as that. It’s like when your car is totaled. It’s cheaper, easier, and better overall to say bye bye and not even think to attempt to fix your old car, and hello to a new one. That’s the only solution. Rid half the roster. Blow the entire coaching staff. Rid of the rest of the roster after next season to make an easier transition.
Why? Parting gift? (2nd to last sentence.)

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Anyone know what the passing game coordinator does .

Is that the play off your man defense .

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is news?

Anybody that has watched the Cowboys play under Jason Garrett already knows this. Everybody on this board already knows this.

Thanks for the scoop Simms, would have never guessed this was a problem:rolleyes:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
This is news?

Anybody that has watched the Cowboys play under Jason Garrett already knows this. Everybody on this board already knows this.

Thanks for the scoop Simms, would have never guessed this was a problem:rolleyes:
Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones don’t seem to know it. Deon Sanders and Michael Irvin don’t seem to know it. The more talking heads that know it and say it the better for us fans. As fans we have very little influence on Jerry BUT some of these talking heads may have some influence on him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Anyone know what the passing game coordinator does .

Is that the play off your man defense .

he takes the blame for Marinelli and his BBDB defense.

he only gets to call 3 plays during the game.

we run the same thing every play.

cover 1 off man