Chris Westry

DcFootball4

Reaction score
Just a curiosity type thing and hoping for opinions on the idea..

Do you guys think they could get Westry to bulk up (I think he is only about 190 something at 6’4) and put him at S? He is fast, so bulking up any speed lost, I doubt would make a huge difference.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just a curiosity type thing and hoping for opinions on the idea..

Do you guys think they could get Westry to bulk up (I think he is only about 190 something at 6’4) and put him at S? He is fast, so bulking up any speed lost, I doubt would make a huge difference.
They had interest in him because has the prototypical measurements they want at CB. I dont see them giving him any look at Safety. If he fails to develop as a CB, they will probably just move on

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score
You can't just move a CB to S unless you want a serious liability. Westry doesn't tackle like a Safety and he takes poor run fit angles as a CB, so playing him at S would be a disaster.

cowboyec

Reaction score
no....he is the freak Richard has been searching for since he got here.

Michael Jackson,tho....I could see him possibly playing some S....he has some physicality to his game that might make the switch easy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever they do, put them in one position and leave them there. None of this "versatility" crap. I know the coaches like it, and some fans. But to me, it just screws up some players.

I can see them in OTA's, early TC to give them a few reps, see how well they pick it up, what they look like. As if athletically they can make the change. But don't do it half way through TC.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
I was more just thinking with all the talent we have at CB already and the lack of it at S. I like what @cowboyec said with Michael Jackson at S. I’d just hate to lose talent if they could somehow be retained. But I’m sure Richard is already scheming.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was more just thinking with all the talent we have at CB already and the lack of it at S. I like what @cowboyec said with Michael Jackson at S. I’d just hate to lose talent if they could somehow be retained. But I’m sure Richard is already scheming.
You gotta keep in mind we have both Jones and Brown contracts expiring this season. And Lewis really isnt considered a system fit

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
no....he is the freak Richard has been searching for since he got here.

Michael Jackson,tho....I could see him possibly playing some S....he has some physicality to his game that might make the switch easy.
He had mentioned before we draftes as a player that could become an NFL safety