Christian Wilkins that's all in

Blackrain

Reaction score
Christian Wilkins of the Miami dolphins is becoming a free agent I believe this is a guy that could really help us he would take a lot of the pressure off of Micah and our defense in general he can stop the run he can disrupt the pocket he can get to the passer.

If Jerry wants to really go all in this is the kind of moves that need to be made thoughts

I know ksk will be on board with this move

Flamma

Reaction score
Christian Wilkins of the Miami dolphins is becoming a free agent I believe this is a guy that could really help us he would take a lot of the pressure off of Micah and our defense in general he can stop the run he can disrupt the pocket he can get to the passer.

If Jerry wants to really go all in this is the kind of moves that need to be made thoughts
Lets first see if the Cowboys extend Dak. If not, they can't even consider Wilkins. But I agree with you.

John813

Reaction score
I would be wary of saying he'll be a consistent pass rusher.
He's developed his game over the years, but prior to his 5th year, his sack totals from rookie to now are: 2, 1.5, 4.5, 3.5 and 9.0
From watching Miami, I believe the uptick in sacks was getting Zach Sieler more playing time and he was the DT to "fear" from a pass rushing perspective. He finally got heavy minutes playing and it paid off for the team.

Wilkins may be walking as the rumor was he wanted Q. Williams money, near 24mil AAV. It was rumored Miami saw him as a 17-20mil DT.

Sieler, who I think is a better pass rusher and good enough run stopper signed a 10.25mil AAV deal, so Miami may not be seeing the value in paying Wilkins open market pricing.

Wilkins is a good teammate/leader, but also a bit of a knucklehead at times with dumb penalties and years ago he jumped on a WR back during a celebration(Preston Williams) and injured him. He was never the same WR afterwards and was out of the league.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'm envisioning this guy would give our defense a shot in the arm and maybe with a little luck Mazi matures and comes along a little bit we get Diggs back and Zimmer takes our defense a step further.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Stephen: We looked at Wilkins but the price got steeper than we imagined. However, we got a great deal getting Jonathan Hankins signed up. We can get a Hankins and a couple of Christian Covington's and still pay less money than what we would for Wilkins. Quantity is better than quality.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Throw out Chris Jones and he is the top DT available. There will be an ample supply of bidders for his services. This will leave Dallas out of the equation.

Dallas will go the much cheaper route. Book it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stephen: We looked at Wilkins but the price got steeper than we imagined. However, we got a great deal getting Jonathan Hankins signed up. We can get a Hankins and a couple of Christian Covington's and still pay less money than what we would for Wilkins. Quantity is better than quality.
sell it to the fans with a small and boost that he's the greatest thing ever

1942willys

Reaction score
now there is something to that; the giants great D basically worked in platoons and wore teams out
BUT that was both QUANTITY AND QUALITY
a bunch of jags don't do much

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Would be a great move. Won’t happen. Our free agency starts march 18

kskboys

Reaction score

I know ksk will be on board with this move
X gadzillions.

He is the type of player we start w/ to fix the run D.

kskboys

Reaction score
Doesn't work that way. High quality DT's are what wins super bowls. A team of JAGs is not quantity, that's simply poor GMing.

Carson

Reaction score
Throw out Chris Jones and he is the top DT available. There will be an ample supply of bidders for his services. This will leave Dallas out of the equation.

Dallas will go the much cheaper route. Book it.
You mean bringing back Jonathan Hankins and calling it a day

jujoboys

Reaction score
now there is something to that; the giants great D basically worked in platoons and wore teams out
BUT that was both QUANTITY AND QUALITY
a bunch of jags don't do much
Having a quantity of good/great DTs without opening your pocket in free agency requires that you draft the position well. I like Osa. Gallimore has been a bust. I will give Mazi a pass based on it being his first year. Bohanna was a bust. Every free agent signed to the position has been a JAG or just average (Hankins). So when you sign garbage and only have one draft pick (Osa) produce then you may want to change your philosophy.