Christian Wilkins that's all in

kskboys

Reaction score
Having a quantity of good/great DTs without opening your pocket in free agency requires that you draft the position well. I like Osa. Gallimore has been a bust. I will give Mazi a pass based on it being his first year. Bohanna was a bust. Every free agent signed to the position has been a JAG or just average (Hankins). So when you sign garbage and only have one draft pick (Osa) produce then you may want to change your philosophy.
Well said.

kskboys

Reaction score
I really hope that is not our strategy. Nothing against Hankins but we need to do better.
Yup. Hankins is a decent player and an improvement over what we did have, but he's just OK. Not to mention old.

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
Christian Wilkins of the Miami dolphins is becoming a free agent I believe this is a guy that could really help us he would take a lot of the pressure off of Micah and our defense in general he can stop the run he can disrupt the pocket he can get to the passer.

If Jerry wants to really go all in this is the kind of moves that need to be made thoughts

I know ksk will be on board with this move
the best I can do is mazi smith. " We like our guys"

kskboys

Reaction score
Stephen: We looked at Wilkins but the price got steeper than we imagined. However, we got a great deal getting Jonathan Hankins signed up. We can get a Hankins and a couple of Christian Covington's and still pay less money than what we would for Wilkins. Quantity is better than quality.
Of course it's steep.

Know what the super bowl participants have every year? Upfront disruptors who can stop the run. It's almost as important as QB.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Yup. Hankins is a decent player and an improvement over what we did have, but he's just OK. Not to mention old.
I would take him as a cheap backup at this point but we need a stud in front of him. We need a DT that strikes fear and needs double teamed so guys like Parsons and DLaw can get after the QB. If we can get a DT that requires double teams then our defense could really make some noise. The opposing offense would know they have to double team the DT and Parsons before the play was even run. Imagine an offense having to use 4 players on a DT and Parsons. The QB would be back there watching the 6 other players on offense up against 9 defensive guys.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Of course it's steep.

Know what the super bowl participants have every year? Upfront disruptors who can stop the run. It's almost as important as QB.
I agree. Unfortunately our biggest division rival see the value in having stud DTs. It has helped get them to 2 Super Bowls in the last 7 years. Obviously the 49ers believe in the position with the signing of Javon Hargrave and who knows where the chiefs would be without Chris Jones.

Creeper

Reaction score
Wilkins would be an upgrade in Dallas. But Jerry's idea of all in is way different than mine.

JBS

Reaction score
You misunderstood what Jerry meant by all in

Don’t worry, don’t be ashamed. His definition of all in, isn’t the definition of all in.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Wilkins would be a nice move along with a LB and CB but I just don't see Jerry spending big money on any free agent. Most likely not much to happen until they extend Dak and Lamb then restructure some contracts to resign some of our own free agents.

It is all a guessing game as to what we are going to do. Seems like every media outlet has us going to sign this guy or that guy but they are nothing but click bait and rumors. To my knowledge, we have not cut anyone or resigned anyone as of March 6th and remain some $3 million over the cap. And all of Jerry's talking to the media, is saying much to do about nothing, same with Stephen.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Jerry said "all-in" to get the heat off his back in that moment.

He's banking on the normal off-season hype to get fans excited again, and ultimately we aren't going to get anything special here.

Jerry sucks. End of post.

Aven8

Reaction score
Christian Wilkins of the Miami dolphins is becoming a free agent I believe this is a guy that could really help us he would take a lot of the pressure off of Micah and our defense in general he can stop the run he can disrupt the pocket he can get to the passer.

If Jerry wants to really go all in this is the kind of moves that need to be made thoughts

I said this the other day. Sign Wilkins and Luvu and let’s roll with BPA in the draft.

conner01

Reaction score
I would be wary of saying he'll be a consistent pass rusher.
He's developed his game over the years, but prior to his 5th year, his sack totals from rookie to now are: 2, 1.5, 4.5, 3.5 and 9.0
From watching Miami, I believe the uptick in sacks was getting Zach Sieler more playing time and he was the DT to "fear" from a pass rushing perspective. He finally got heavy minutes playing and it paid off for the team.

Wilkins may be walking as the rumor was he wanted Q. Williams money, near 24mil AAV. It was rumored Miami saw him as a 17-20mil DT.

Sieler, who I think is a better pass rusher and good enough run stopper signed a 10.25mil AAV deal, so Miami may not be seeing the value in paying Wilkins open market pricing.

Wilkins is a good teammate/leader, but also a bit of a knucklehead at times with dumb penalties and years ago he jumped on a WR back during a celebration(Preston Williams) and injured him. He was never the same WR afterwards and was out of the league.
For an interior guy other than the most elite it’s not so much about sack totals as pressure, tackles for loss because those show he’s getting penetration. He gets double digit TFL 3 years in a row and double digit pressures. The talent is there. The cost is gonna be expensive but he could really help our run D as well as pass D just because he pushes the pocket

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Joneses say they can get 10 players for the price of Wilkins. That's why they are the smartest minds in the game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

how much does he cost? where does he rank in Jersey sales?

exciter

Reaction score

Lol wow! We don’t have close to the cap for what it’s going to take to resign Osa next season and you think they can sign Wilkins to the over inflated contract that he’ll never come close to living up to!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Joneses say they can get 10 players for the price of Wilkins. That's why they are the smartest minds in the game.
Ten Brent Urbans.

Then grin at the camp press conference as if they’ve got it all figured out and everyone else is dumb for spending on elite players.

If Chris Jones was drafted here they would do everything to keep him, but since he wasn’t they won’t even call.

There’s a half a shot they don’t even know who he is.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think his 9 sacks are a mirage, that's just not the kind of DT he is, but he's put up three years of quality play at this point. It's not like he's a Payne with one big fluky year. He's consistently been disruptive.

27 years old, no injuries, plenty of elite ball on tape, and a lot more to go. He will make a ton of money.