Christy Scales said Roy was coming out (of the game) sometimes

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
dbair1967;1746947 said:
Roy was actually in front of the receiver and the ball was coming staright for him, he'd have gotten it had Hamlin not made the play.
I noticed that, and also that the ball went right between Canty's arms. If he'd knocked it down, the Eagles would've punted and we'd have padded our total yardage a little before eventually scoring anyway.

But I'll take a McNabb pick over a punt anytime.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;1747908 said:
People still can't seem to figure out what a "dime defense" is.

It's actually not really a "Dime" the way we play it. It's a nickel with Roy playing LB.

Not a big deal either way. You still can't figure out what a SOLB/WOLB is. :D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack;1747972 said:
It's actually not really a "Dime" the way we play it. It's a nickel with Roy playing LB.

Not a big deal either way. You still can't figure out what a SOLB/WOLB is. :D
Wade disagrees. He calls it a "dime."

But he does use the strong/weak distinction.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;1747986 said:
Wade disagrees. He calls it a "dime."

But he does use the strong/weak distinction.

I've heard refer to as a "Nickel" as well and I've heard him refer to Roy as a LB in that defense. If he is a LB in that defense, it's not a dime.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack;1747993 said:
I've heard refer to as a "Nickel" as well and I've heard him refer to Roy as a LB in that defense. If he is a LB in that defense, it's not a dime.
When a 6th DB is in, which is always the case when Roy is in the "hole" or playing "linebacker," Wade calls it a dime.

Now, we do run nickel defenses as well. It's just a different package.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1747878 said:
When I reviewed the defensive tape, I was able to identify Roy on the field 64 times out of 68 defensive plays. On three of the other four plays, fewer than 11 players were ever visible -- but one of those was a sideline pass that clearly showed Henry, Jones and Watkins standing on the sideline. That leaves three plays AT THE MOST when Roy might not have been on the field, and two of those were first-and-10 plays -- hardly a time for a situational pass defense.

The only play when I know Roy wasn't on the field (I identified 11 other defensive players on the field) happened to be Reggie Brown's 45-yard catch. Roy was on the field the play before that and the play after that, so it could have been something as simple as an equipment issue.

Thanks Adam, that's what I suspected. I just can't see them taking Roy off the field like that.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;1747995 said:
When a 6th DB is in, which is always the case when Roy is in the "hole" or playing "linebacker," Wade calls it a dime.

Now, we do run nickel defenses as well. It's just a different package.

Like I said, I've heard Wade refer to that defense as a nickel too.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1748013 said:
Thanks Adam, that's what I suspected. I just can't see them taking Roy off the field like that.

I have the game recorded, the audio. I was on my way to my computer a few minutes ago to transfer it from the mp3 to my pc and I dropped the stinking thing and now it wont work.

I am steaming mad. I hope it can be fixed and the hard drive kept in tact.

anyway I remember hearing kristie scales say that also, and it wasnt because she didnt see him at the lb spot, it was because he was on the sideline, she said as much.

If I can get this damn thing fixed I will put it up....

Well I guess I killed the battery, it worked with just the ac power. So if I can find where she said that I will put up the audio.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Williams did a great job of slowing Westbrtook all night. It appeared his assignment was to spy on their running back. It worked great ,they figured out how to stop Philly. Demarcus Ware was all over the field.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I just figured that they put davis in for roy at the end of the game because it was a blowout. i didnt see romo or TO but i think our rushers wanted to be in there for a chance to pad their sack totals .

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack;1748077 said:
Like I said, I've heard Wade refer to that defense as a nickel too.
No, you haven't. I've listened to every press conference he's ever had.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
theogt;1748270 said:

sorry but wade specifically stated during the offseason that they were experimenting with Roy at LB in the nickel. i remember it too so either were crazy or you forgot.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1748274 said:
sorry but wade specifically stated during the offseason that they were experimenting with Roy at LB in the nickel. i remember it too so either were crazy or you forgot.
Find it. All the recaps are here. He said some people refer to it as a "nickel linebacker," but he refers to it as a "dimeback."

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1748290 said:
oh great...

fuzzy, theo and Rack, all in an argument

And it's not like it's an important argument. It's just an argument over terminology in which both terms could potentially apply.

Please continue your argument however... ;)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I found the play and the call, it happened on the drive where the eagles scored. I will put the audio up in a minute.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Ozzu;1748291 said:
And it's not like it's an important argument. It's just an argument over terminology in which both terms could potentially apply.

Please continue your argument however... ;)

it's certainly got theo's MO written all over it

over/under on when Rack throws the 1st insult?

I got it for 2 posts

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1748301 said:
it's certainly got theo's MO written all over it

over/under on when Rack throws the 1st insult?

I got it for 2 posts

I'll play the under. 1 post. Don't let me down Rack. ;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;1748270 said:

Yes, I have. No YOU haven't listened to every press conference. Either that or you have a poor memory.

Ozzu;1748311 said:
I'll play the under. 1 post. Don't let me down Rack. ;)

Theo, you're an idiot.

Ok Ozzu you owe me 30% of whatever $$ you make. :D

j/k Theo.