RELEASED Chunn waived

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Bringing up Covington didn't really make a lot of sense to me. It's essentially just swapping out practice squad players who contribute on special teams unless there's a linebacker injury we haven't been told about.

Agreed. Daniel Wise would've been a better choice.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idk, but there was a report that a bunch of Dolphins wanted to be traded. Surely, he's one of them being one of the few good players on that team. Just thought I'd throw him in as a possibility.
It's a nice thought, but it would look very bad (and actually be very bad for the Dolphins) to use the 11th overall pick on a player one year, and trade him for a middle to low round pick a year later.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's a nice thought, but it would look very bad (and actually be very bad for the Dolphins) to use the 11th overall pick on a player one year, and trade him for a middle to low round pick a year later.

True, what about Bobby McCain? I could see us doing a 6 for him.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Bringing up Covington didn't really make a lot of sense to me. It's essentially just swapping out practice squad players who contribute on special teams unless there's a linebacker injury we haven't been told about.

This makes perfect sense. RBs and LBs often play similar roles on special teams. Chunn played on several ST units as does Covington who is likely just slotting in to his spots. Garrett sounded pretty impressed with Olawale's performance spelling Zeke, so I think he's going to be the de facto third HB now.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
That there may just be the stupidest sack celebration in the history of forever, past, present and future into eternity!

The good thing for you is that you don't have to witness it very often. :)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This makes perfect sense. RBs and LBs often play similar roles on special teams. Chunn played on several ST units as does Covington who is likely just slotting in to his spots. Garrett sounded pretty impressed with Olawale's performance spelling Zeke, so I think he's going to be the de facto third HB now.

Let me ask you this, do you expect Covington to get any snaps on defense? Then, I see no reason to sub out the players unless Covington was going to get poached from the practice squad and we wanted to protect him. It would probably take three linebackers getting hurt for Covington to see any snaps on defense, just as many running backs as it would take for Chunn to have played that position (possibly more since if we got down to one RB ahead of him, he'd probably get some snaps in relief ... as possibly would Covington if we got down to three linebackers ahead of him).

I just don't really see a need for the move. There probably is a decent reasons for it, though, I'm just not seeing it.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
How so?
By telling Kellen Moore good job?

It'll be OK, sweetheart.

Sorry I'm happy the team moved on from Dez.

I don't know, though, a short, prove-it-to-me contract wouldn't totally make me flip my lid...if he didn't have the Achilles injury.

Maybe he'll try out next year....

I don't know the exact dynamics, I just suspect Dez, while talented, is a pain in the butt as a teammate. And for that, I'm happy the Cowboys moved on.

Not to mention he lost a step.

The other thing is, we have 3 WRs on our roster who are currently better than him.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Miami already has our 6th from the Robert Quinn trade. Maybe they'd take a 2021 6th, though.

Wouldn't be bad for McCain. I'd be happy if we could get McCain for that. Cuz I'd like for us to get in on the pillaging of what little talent Miami has that they want to get rid of.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Same here.

Then I was thinking ‘is Sean Lee hurt again’?

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Let me ask you this, do you expect Covington to get any snaps on defense? Then, I see no reason to sub out the players unless Covington was going to get poached from the practice squad and we wanted to protect him. It would probably take three linebackers getting hurt for Covington to see any snaps on defense, just as many running backs as it would take for Chunn to have played that position (possibly more since if we got down to one RB ahead of him, he'd probably get some snaps in relief ... as possibly would Covington if we got down to three linebackers ahead of him).

I just don't really see a need for the move. There probably is a decent reasons for it, though, I'm just not seeing it.

Maybe Covington is a better special teams player.

superonyx

Reaction score
It'll be OK, sweetheart.

Sorry I'm happy the team moved on from Dez.

I don't know, though, a short, prove-it-to-me contract wouldn't totally make me flip my lid...if he didn't have the Achilles injury.

Maybe he'll try out next year....

I don't know the exact dynamics, I just suspect Dez, while talented, is a pain in the butt as a teammate. And for that, I'm happy the Cowboys moved on.

Not to mention he lost a step.

The other thing is, we have 3 WRs on our roster who are currently better than him.
I’m not advocating for bringing Dez back. I’m simply asking what makes you such an *** hole that you feel better bashing one of the better players we had who still loves this franchise, city and team.

Who are you? What makes you so special.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Maybe Covington is a better special teams player.

Possibly. He might play on more units than Chunn does. I don't know. I did notice Chunn make a couple of special teams tackles in the preseason and don't remember any by Covington, but that doesn't mean much.