Cincy Wins Penei Sewell Bowl

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The tackle situation is complicated for sure. You have two high-dollar guys who can both play like studs, but their reliability is both very questionable.

Do you sink a top 5 pick into Rashawn Slater and basically bet on one of the two bowing out? I don't think it's a bad idea.
And what do you say or do about the defense?

ghst187

Reaction score
They can have Sewell if we can have the VT CB. Better pick for us anyway. We still need Atl to win a game but that might be a stretch...

Hardline

Reaction score
We drafted ceedee lamb and yet the entire team took a step back. This isn’t the NBA. Drafting the best player available isn’t a viable strategy.
There was a lot more to factor in why we took a step back.
The worse thing you can do is reach for a position out of need.
Drafting 101

fivetwos

Reaction score
There was a lot more to factor in why we took a step back.
The worse thing you can do is reach for a position out of need.
Drafting 101
That being the case, its is extremely likely BPA for us is a tight end.

Wonder how that would fly.

I still generally agree w BPA though. If the defensive player you take is a bust (like Claiborne), isnt it better to have a top player anywhere else?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cowboys got schooled in how to maintain draft position during a lost season by one of the few organizations inferior to us. Cincy simply put on a clinic in sucking.

Sewell would have looked great on the OL for the next decade BUT we should have our pick of WRs in round 1. :thumbup:
Do you think the players for Cincy lost on purpose?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Looking forward to looking back at the 2021 draft in a few years to see if every player at the top of the draft is better than what was taken a bit (or a lot) later.
Sheeesh:rolleyes:

Thomas82

Reaction score
The tackle situation is complicated for sure. You have two high-dollar guys who can both play like studs, but their reliability is both very questionable.

Do you sink a top 5 pick into Rashawn Slater and basically bet on one of the two bowing out? I don't think it's a bad idea.

The latest CBS Sports mock draft has us taking him at 5.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think the players for Cincy lost on purpose?

It is possible 3 fumbles in their first 3 possessions against our vaunted defense was not intentional. :laugh:

But mostly I was being sarcastic. Its a lost season. The team needs to be auditioning players and prepping for the 2021 season. Winning at this point is meaningless and counter productive. It would be a nice consolation prize in this disaster of a season to at least be in position to have our pick of college players.