CJ Henderson vs LSU

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

First play: CJ sees the play and comes up and should be a easy tackle for him, but he misses and WR gets another 10 yrds.

2nd play: LSU takes him deep, and CJ grabs in the NFL this will be a first down at the 5 or the 1 depending on what hold the ref sees

3rd play: LSU runs and CJ wants no part of the running back. Doesnt really get involved until the rest of the defense joins.

4th play: WR crosses right in front of him for a easy TD

5th play: Comes up to make a big play on a screen to stop a first down.

6th play: Again short pass CJ misses another tackle and WR takes it for 10 extra yrds

7th play; Another cross in front of him for more big yrds

8th play: WR catches in front of him and instead of CJ going up to make the tackle he wait and WR moves upfield for 5 more yrds

9th play: CJ nice coverage on cross route

10th play: CJ again nice coverage. WR stayed in same spot making it a easy PD for CJ.

11th play: CJ beat right at the LOS not knowing his surroundings and gets taken out by rub play, WR big TD

8 out of 11 plays were bad plays for him. Against inferior opponents CJ might look like a top CB but against a legit first rd wr like Chase he got abused. Voch had a video on CJ and said he wasnt as soft as people make it seem but this video shows just how legit that critique of him is. CJ plays soft and is going to get picked on in the NFL.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I posted this video before,I believe he also misses an egregious tackle on Burrow .

Simpleton

Reaction score
Go watch him give up about 100 yards against FSU or a 50 yard catch against Auburn when he was peeking in the backfield and completely lost track of the WR. I'm starting to want no part of him at 17.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I posted this video before,I believe he also misses an egregious tackle on Burrow .

The kid is going to be ate up in the nfl, because he plays soft and grabs to make up for it. If he just decided to play more aggressive then he'd be a beast. Its not like he's small. He's actually big for a CB.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I cant at all understand why people are hoping we get this guy.

Well, I guess losing Jones and deciding we need a "#1 corner" is the reason.

Better off trying to improve the rush than patch things w dudes like this.

I'm really hoping he is gone by 17, because I have a feeling this is the pick. Don't like it at all.

And....our safeties are terrible. Not like they are gonna bail him out.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I cant at all understand why people are hoping we get this guy.

Well, I guess losing Jones and deciding we need a "#1 corner" is the reason.

Better off trying to improve the rush than patch things w dudes like this.

I'm really hoping he is gone by 17, because I have a feeling this is the pick. Don't like it at all.

And....our safeties are terrible. Not like they are gonna bail him out.
Haha will help in coverage. His coverage metric have been consistently good throughout his career. Its run support where he will struggle. LB's are going to have to rebound because we are going to have weak run support from the S position

JBS

Reaction score
I watched this video before this thread was posted. I graded henderson differently. By no means did henderson perform well..but there is nothing on this video that would keep me away from taking henderson..if he's available at 17..hes almost an auto pick..chances will be very high that he's the best player available

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I watched this video before this thread was posted. I graded henderson differently. By no means did henderson perform well..but there is nothing on this video that would keep me away from taking henderson..if he's available at 17..hes almost an auto pick..chances will be very high that he's the best player available

Seriously, the only thing this thread did was solidify the fact LatinMind is one of the most sincerely misinformed posters on the board.

ultron

Reaction score

First play: CJ sees the play and comes up and should be a easy tackle for him, but he misses and WR gets another 10 yrds.

2nd play: LSU takes him deep, and CJ grabs in the NFL this will be a first down at the 5 or the 1 depending on what hold the ref sees

3rd play: LSU runs and CJ wants no part of the running back. Doesnt really get involved until the rest of the defense joins.

6th play: Again short pass CJ misses another tackle and WR takes it for 10 extra yrds

8th play: WR catches in front of him and instead of CJ going up to make the tackle he wait and WR moves upfield for 5 more yrds

10th play: CJ again nice coverage. WR stayed in same spot making it a easy PD for CJ.

11th play: CJ beat right at the LOS not knowing his surroundings and gets taken out by rub play, WR big TD

8 out of 11 plays were bad plays for him. Against inferior opponents CJ might look like a top CB but against a legit first rd wr like Chase he got abused. Voch had a video on CJ and said he wasnt as soft as people make it seem but this video shows just how legit that critique of him is. CJ plays soft and is going to get picked on in the NFL.

He was by far the best player on that defense - it’ll help him a lot with an actual DLine that can put pressure on the QB

Simpleton

Reaction score
Florida had two DL who are likely to be picked somewhere in the 2nd-4th range, their pass rush was fine.

Henderson wasn't terrible against LSU considering the TD he gave up was a pick in man coverage against the best WR in the country, but he was very poor against FSU:

And he gave up a horrendous 40+ yard pass against Auburn where he literally just let his WR run right by him as he stared in the backfield:

He also struggled a bit against Georgia, giving up a pretty bad PI where he couldn't get his head turned.

He gave up 5 40+ yard plays in just 9 games this past year. He's extremely athletic and has all the tools to be a Pro Bowler but there seems to be something missing. Seems like a guy coaches will believe they can coach up because he has all the physical attributes, and while he'll probably end up being a pretty decent player, I doubt he ever lives up to his potential.

Give me Chaisson or McKinney all day.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
if he's the BPA def. But if there's one of the top 3 WRs, if Chaisson is there, if Kinlaw is there. Then all 5 of them guys come before without a 2nd thought IMO. If a team comes with a trade off for a guy like Love, I would hope they'd even go that route. Word out on the west coast the Raiders really like Henderson and i hope this is true, reports Raiders would go Henderson and Higgins in round 1. There are comparisions of Aldon Smith with Chaisson. I dont see how the Cowboys could pass that type of talent, unless its kinlaw or one of them 3 WRs. Teaming any of them 3 WRs with Amari and Gallup would be a nightmare for defenses. And added to a player like Elliot.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
He was by far the best player on that defense - it’ll help him a lot with an actual DLine that can put pressure on the QB
CJ was getting beat on quick routes, where the DL/OL battle doesnt really come into play because the ball was out so fast. The problem is CJ's soft play on the WRs allowed the catch but also allowed yards after the catch because of sloppy attempted tackles or sheer laziness to make the play. He actually reminded me of Newman in Dallas.

ultron

Reaction score
if he's the BPA def. But if there's one of the top 3 WRs, if Chaisson is there, if Kinlaw is there. Then all 5 of them guys come before without a 2nd thought IMO. If a team comes with a trade off for a guy like Love, I would hope they'd even go that route. Word out on the west coast the Raiders really like Henderson and i hope this is true, reports Raiders would go Henderson and Higgins in round 1. There are comparisions of Aldon Smith with Chaisson. I dont see how the Cowboys could pass that type of talent, unless its kinlaw or one of them 3 WRs. Teaming any of them 3 WRs with Amari and Gallup would be a nightmare for defenses. And added to a player like Elliot.
Yea, it’ll be interesting if Kinlaw and either Henderson or Chaisson are drafted before 17. If one of the 3 WRs are still available something tells me the Cowboys front office might really select one of those 3 WRs. If that does indeed happen, I think this offense might really be a nightmare to defend against due to the fact that you really can’t double anyone & your safeties can no longer cheat up or in/out because you have speed & skill in the slot (Ruggs, Lamb, or Jeudy) and you also have a little speed when Jarwin is on the field as well. This opens the field up more for Zeke to do his thing and that to me is the true heart of this offense.

Zeke and Pollard could run wild with Cooper, Gallup, Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs III on the field & those safeties and DBs are 10-12+ yards off the LOS. I do however feel like the first 2 or 3 rounds should be defensive players (I’d be happy with Henderson, Kinlaw, Chaisson, or even McKinney). There’s also some 2nd round CBs/Safeties that could start on this team as well if they’re available at pick 51 (Winfield Jr, Arnette, Gladney) & you have a potential WR that could end up being really good possibly available at pick 51: Jalen Reagor (WR-TCU).

Jerry Jones is getting old and who knows how many years the guy has left - he might want to see this offense put up a ton of yards/points and see what happens! There’s no exact blue print for how to win a championship - might as well score a lot of points and have fun while you’re pursuing that elusive 6th ring. Odds are the Chiefs or Ravens will be the team that we play in the Super Bowl if we make it - you’ll need to out score them because odds are no matter who you draft on the defensive side of the ball, it won’t move the needle that much vs. those teams.

Last edited:

ultron

Reaction score
CJ was getting beat on quick routes, where the DL/OL battle doesnt really come into play because the ball was out so fast. The problem is CJ's soft play on the WRs allowed the catch but also allowed yards after the catch because of sloppy attempted tackles or sheer laziness to make the play. He actually reminded me of Newman in Dallas.
Oh damn, that’s not good - NFL QBs will eat you alive with quick passes in hopes of RAC yards & a lower percentage of turnovers.

tm1119

Reaction score

First play: CJ sees the play and comes up and should be a easy tackle for him, but he misses and WR gets another 10 yrds. Should have wrapped up

2nd play: LSU takes him deep, and CJ grabs in the NFL this will be a first down at the 5 or the 1 depending on what hold the ref sees1 great coverage, Not a flag

3rd play: LSU runs and CJ wants no part of the running back. Doesnt really get involved until the rest of the defense joins. There was a blocker in front of him

4th play: WR crosses right in front of him for a easy TD- CB has outside/deep contain. S/LB’s bit on the play action leaving the middle of the field wide open. Bad team D, nothing a CB could do

6th play: Again short pass CJ misses another tackle and WR takes it for 10 extra yrds Chase will be a top 5 pick next year, it happens 1 on 1

7th play; Another cross in front of him for more big yrds- Again, where is the underneath help?

8th play: WR catches in front of him and instead of CJ going up to make the tackle he wait and WR moves upfield for 5 more yrds Nothing wrong with this play

10th play: CJ again nice coverage. WR stayed in same spot making it a easy PD for CJ. You’re showing your bias

11th play: CJ beat right at the LOS not knowing his surroundings and gets taken out by rub play, WR big TD- What was he supposed to do on this play?

In conclusion, LatinMind proves for the 100th time he doesn’t actually know football. Not to mention Jamarr Chase is an incredible football player and that was was easily some of the best coverage against arguably the most dominant player in college last year

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
https://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/NFLHotPress

CJ Anderson could go top 10? IF that happens.....yikes....

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
In conclusion, LatinMind proves for the 100th time he doesn’t actually know football. Not to mention Jamarr Chase is an incredible football player and that was was easily some of the best coverage against arguably the most dominant player in college last year
What am i wrong about? Did he not play soft and miss tackles? Did he not give up 2 TDs? Did he not know his surrounding in close space on that rub play for the long TD?

So he gets a pass because he was playing chase? Thats a really stupid argument youre trying to play there. He is going to go up against WRs in the nfl like Chase every week. With stricter rules in the NFL. And if this is what he's going to do in the NFL he's going to have a rough career. Plain and simple.

tm1119

Reaction score
What am i wrong about? Did he not play soft and miss tackles? Did he not give up 2 TDs? Did he not know his surrounding in close space on that rub play for the long TD?

So he gets a pass because he was playing chase? Thats a really stupid argument youre trying to play there. He is going to go up against WRs in the nfl like Chase every week. With stricter rules in the NFL. And if this is what he's going to do in the NFL he's going to have a rough career. Plain and simple.

You clearly don’t understand coverage. The 1st TD was on the safety that bit on play action.
What did you want him to do about the rub route? Please explain.

Is tackling his strong suit? Of course not. But is he so bad that it will outweigh the fact that he’s a very good man to man cover CB? Nope. He clearly shows the ability to get the job done, just needs to be more consistent

And no, there is not a player like Ja’Marr Chase on every team. We’re talking about a rare human. Go watch him torch Bama, Auburn, and Clemson for 100+ yards- all teams that will have a CB drafted in the top 60 this year.

Bowdown27

Reaction score

Thank you for posting this. I was behind drafting Henderson but looking more into him. It’s not a good move on him. Who would you rather at corner drafted? I can see them focusing on dline then maybe safety or corner in second. Winfield looks he jumping up charts. Curious if he lasts to 51

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
You clearly don’t understand coverage. The 1st TD was on the safety that bit on play action.
What did you want him to do about the rub route? Please explain.

Is tackling his strong suit? Of course not. But is he so bad that it will outweigh the fact that he’s a very good man to man cover CB? Nope. He clearly shows the ability to get the job done, just needs to be more consistent

And no, there is not a player like Ja’Marr Chase on every team. We’re talking about a rare human. Go watch him torch Bama, Auburn, and Clemson for 100+ yards- all teams that will have a CB drafted in the top 60 this year.

You're right nobody knows the defense being called. BUT, youre saying i dont know what im talking about? The first TD was man coverage from the snap. The Safety was covering the under and then cover the middle. Never once did the S react to the outside. CJ was with the WR all the way. He just got beat on a 50/50 ball.

Should tackling be a issue for him with WRs? NO! because he's bigger than your avg CB.