CJ Henderson vs LSU

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. I was behind drafting Henderson but looking more into him. It’s not a good move on him. Who would you rather at corner drafted? I can see them focusing on dline then maybe safety or corner in second. Winfield looks he jumping up charts. Curious if he lasts to 51

Dont get me wrong if he's the BPA at 17 then they def should draft him. He'd improve the secondary. But my point is, if any of the 3 WRs, Kinlaw or Chaisson is there i would hope they would go in that direction instead. Because passrush makes the secondary better. And Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs would make the offense so much more better. And lets not kid ourselves, the offense is whats gonna make this team go.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong if he's the BPA at 17 then they def should draft him. He'd improve the secondary. But my point is, if any of the 3 WRs, Kinlaw or Chaisson is there i would hope they would go in that direction instead. Because passrush makes the secondary better. And Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs would make the offense so much more better. And lets not kid ourselves, the offense is whats gonna make this team go.
Agreed. I’d love kinlaw chaisson or even brown falling. This draft I feel there’s going to be few surprises w how everything has gone this offseason

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Latin with some of the worst analysis I've ever seen. You have no idea what you're looking at judging by your post.

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
If Henderson is off the board because of getting lit up by Chase, keep in mind AJ Terrell and Trevon Diggs were even worse.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Henderson is the second best corner in the draft and it’s not close with the third guy. He was
playing this game on a bum ankle and played the best wr in the country tough until that final play where he was picked. I see a corner with great catch up speed, ball awareness and loose hips.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Henderson fits the team's profile, elite athlete, measurements, production in a top conference.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Someone posted a link to an article of Antonio Cromartie scouting this year’s top CB prospects. He had some interesting takes on Henderson.

NolanRyan77

Reaction score

First play: CJ sees the play and comes up and should be a easy tackle for him, but he misses and WR gets another 10 yrds.

2nd play: LSU takes him deep, and CJ grabs in the NFL this will be a first down at the 5 or the 1 depending on what hold the ref sees

3rd play: LSU runs and CJ wants no part of the running back. Doesnt really get involved until the rest of the defense joins.

4th play: WR crosses right in front of him for a easy TD

5th play: Comes up to make a big play on a screen to stop a first down.

6th play: Again short pass CJ misses another tackle and WR takes it for 10 extra yrds

7th play; Another cross in front of him for more big yrds

8th play: WR catches in front of him and instead of CJ going up to make the tackle he wait and WR moves upfield for 5 more yrds

9th play: CJ nice coverage on cross route

10th play: CJ again nice coverage. WR stayed in same spot making it a easy PD for CJ.

11th play: CJ beat right at the LOS not knowing his surroundings and gets taken out by rub play, WR big TD

8 out of 11 plays were bad plays for him. Against inferior opponents CJ might look like a top CB but against a legit first rd wr like Chase he got abused. Voch had a video on CJ and said he wasnt as soft as people make it seem but this video shows just how legit that critique of him is. CJ plays soft and is going to get picked on in the NFL.

Henderson will be a good player in the NFL. Yes he’s a little soft but it’s so hard to find a CB who can stick in the hip pocket of a WR in man.

Analysis needs context. He traveled with Chase all across the field. Carried him into the slot and that’s not an easy task. Switching sides of the field changes technique. It’s like alternating which hands you write with for a day.

Chase was probably the best WR in the country and a top 10 pick next year. You are going to lose reps. He will be fine.

Croomraider

Reaction score
The dude has ridiculous speed! Sub 4.40. Most corners are soft, so it's not my main concern. Besides.. If you run that fast and somehow he tackled really well, then we wouldn't be talking about him because he would go TOP 5!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Henderson fits the team's profile, elite athlete, measurements, production in a top conference.
He doesnt like to tackle, which tells me he is more about himself than winning... getting to that 2nd NFL contract.

He definitely fits the team profile in that regard.

fivetwos

Reaction score
All I know is everyone around here that loves and wants Henderson...

Had better be prepared when he makes his choices to pass on tackles that would get the team off the field on 3rd down.

I dont see how anyone wants to sign up for that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yea, it’ll be interesting if Kinlaw and either Henderson or Chaisson are drafted before 17. If one of the 3 WRs are still available something tells me the Cowboys front office might really select one of those 3 WRs. If that does indeed happen, I think this offense might really be a nightmare to defend against due to the fact that you really can’t double anyone & your safeties can no longer cheat up or in/out because you have speed & skill in the slot (Ruggs, Lamb, or Jeudy) and you also have a little speed when Jarwin is on the field as well. This opens the field up more for Zeke to do his thing and that to me is the true heart of this offense.

Zeke and Pollard could run wild with Cooper, Gallup, Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs III on the field & those safeties and DBs are 10-12+ yards off the LOS. I do however feel like the first 2 or 3 rounds should be defensive players (I’d be happy with Henderson, Kinlaw, Chaisson, or even McKinney). There’s also some 2nd round CBs/Safeties that could start on this team as well if they’re available at pick 51 (Winfield Jr, Arnette, Gladney) & you have a potential WR that could end up being really good possibly available at pick 51: Jalen Reagor (WR-TCU).

Jerry Jones is getting old and who knows how many years the guy has left - he might want to see this offense put up a ton of yards/points and see what happens! There’s no exact blue print for how to win a championship - might as well score a lot of points and have fun while you’re pursuing that elusive 6th ring. Odds are the Chiefs or Ravens will be the team that we play in the Super Bowl if we make it - you’ll need to out score them because odds are no matter who you draft on the defensive side of the ball, it won’t move the needle that much vs. those teams.

I agree with every bit of this. I want more defence. I want us adding defence in the draft. However, if Lamb, Jeudy, or Riggs is there at 17, we sort of have to get either. We are going to play the Ravens in Baltimore. We will need to have a lot of weapons on offence if we intend to outduel them on the road. Either of those 3 makes it happen. I'd be happy with either of those 3 in round 1 followed by Winfield in round 2 would be a dream for both sides of the ball. And if we can get the DT from Missouri in round 3, that'll take the cake for us. I think his name is Elliott? I think he's a bit of a secret weapon in this draft. Get him in round 3, and our defence will be monstrous to go with what should be a better offence and special teams.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He doesnt like to tackle, which tells me he is more about himself than winning... getting to that 2nd NFL contract.

He definitely fits the team profile in that regard.

Many Corners shy away from contact. Certainly, you want an all around corner, but they make their living in coverage.

Croomraider

Reaction score
All I know is everyone around here that loves and wants Henderson...

Had better be prepared when he makes his choices to pass on tackles that would get the team off the field on 3rd down.

I dont see how anyone wants to sign up for that.

No one is running the ball on 3rd down... and if they are, it's because of 3rd and short.. the edge corner is the last person I'm counting on to make the big stop.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No one is running the ball on 3rd down... and if they are, it's because of 3rd and short.. the edge corner is the last person I'm counting on to make the big stop.
Tackles are needed on pass plays as well.

You want soft players in coverage against Philly when they are running Goedert and Ertz out there on 3rd and 6?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Many Corners shy away from contact. Certainly, you want an all around corner, but they make their living in coverage.
No thanks in the middle of the first round. They can do better. Hopefully its moot.

You guys will be among those moaning when he takes a pass on a key tackle to get the team off the field.