Twitter: Clarence Hill - Urgent Dallas Cowboys making progress with WR CeeDee Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qcard

Reaction score

“I don’t have any updates, Jones said. “We got a lot of things to talk about. I’m only talking about who is here.”

But don’t let his coyness fool you.

According to a source, the Cowboys are making progress on deal with Lamb.

Nothing has been agreed or consummated but the team has increased its offer to Lamb to above $33 million annually.

And the Cowboys have narrowed the length of a prospective deal to four years.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score

Adam Schefter on @PatMcAfeeShow on the state of CeeDee Lamb and the Dallas Cowboys' negotiations: To me, I cannot believe it's August 26th and it's still not figured out. And I don't think the sides are all that far apart. And I don't think they've been all that far apart and yet here we are. In the spot we are and it's still not done. And so most people believe this deal's going to get done at some point in time, that he's going to make it back, that he won't miss the opening game against the Cleveland Browns... that still is the thinking. But again. To me. What are we talking about here? If they are, as I've heard, roughly $1M/year apart on average... just figure out a way to get it done. Get both sides to the table. Sit 'em down. And make sure nobody leaves until there's a solution. Again. I'm sure I'm simplifying it some, but it can't be that hard to bridge a difference that is that close together already.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It is my understanding they have offered the same amount $$$ but reduced the years to 4 instead of 5.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thanks for the last 29 years Jerry. Your everything we've come to expect.
source.gif

rambo2

Reaction score
The fact he isn't signed yet is ridiculous.

The team is happy to shell out contracts early to guys like Terrence Steele and Jaylon Smith, but not elite players like Lamb, who is literally top-3 at his position. It just doesn't make any sense.
Why is it ridiculous? The team has offered Lamb a good contract for weeks and it also makes sense to keep him out of training camp.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I remember when they were making progress a week ago, and in early August, and it was reported In July….

What does this even mean? It’s another roundabout way to say They’re still not in agreement

Qcard

Reaction score
I remember when they were making progress a week ago, and in early August, and it was reported In July….

What does this even mean? It’s another roundabout way to say They’re still not in agreement
Lamb is on his way JSX :popcorn:

Qcard

Reaction score
Many around here pull out coupons at the dollar store and then make fun of Jerry for fighting for a few, measly, million dollars!
:muttley: :lmao::muttley:
Dude you got me....I work those CVS coupons like a Champ.

Once I almost felt like I had shop lifted...paid like $7.23 for 3 bags:lmao::lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.