Twitter: Clarence Hill - Urgent Dallas Cowboys making progress with WR CeeDee Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is nothing wrong with signing him this week. Lamb could have signed last week if he wanted too.
Yeah, I’m not sure why all the angst from almost everyone here. I mean, Jerry’s been doing this forever waiting until the last minute. Have they not been watching? He loves the attention it gets the Cowboys. And any attention, bad or good, is good in Jerry’s eyes. I’ve been telling everyone to have patience but so many don’t have that virtue.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not sure why all the angst from almost everyone here. I mean, Jerry’s been doing this forever waiting until the last minute. Have they not been watching? He loves the attention it gets the Cowboys. And any attention, bad or good, is good in Jerry’s eyes. I’ve been telling everyone to have patience but so many don’t have that virtue.
It's obvious that a deal is coming and they have plenty of time to get ready for week 1.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The fact he isn't signed yet is ridiculous.

The team is happy to shell out contracts early to guys like Terrence Steele and Jaylon Smith, but not elite players like Lamb, who is literally top-3 at his position. It just doesn't make any sense.
Trayvon diggs contract was easy because he asked for top five money he didn't demand to be the second highest paid non quarterback in the league blame some of this on agents and the player literally didn't wanna sign until after Justin Jefferson they held this up up until this year and up until recently Jerry gave him a fair contract offer and 33 million a few weeks ago they turned it down sorry man stop blaming Jerry when some of these contracts have gone smooth when the players greed didn't show up early they actually compromised that is a fact if you come at me with it is it I can show you other contracts that got done when players weren't trying to set new records you know Newmarket records to feed their ego it used to be if you offer them a top five deal they got done pretty quick yeah there was some negotiation room in there well this was the number two overall wide receiver contract and number two overall non quarterback contract that's more than fair it was turned down by the agent and the player not Jerry!!

I'm so sick of hearing this Trayvon diggs his was number four overall when he signed a year later it's still top five it got done quick and easy and that's how it should be but sometimes the players and agents play a little bit too much hardball and it drags it out don't blame it all on the ownership I'm sick of it!!! The ownership has a responsibility with the salary cap to try to get the best deal possible so if the negotiations take longer to try to do that that's how it works you are a fan you are not an owner you're not a GM you are no part of the NFL and I'm sorry it didn't get done on your timeline but that is how business works sometimes it's called negotiating you don't give a blank check and the blank contract for players and agents to fill out I hate to break it to you that's not how it works you do not bite at the first high number just like the player shouldn't bite at the first low number but in between somewhere is where it should be done and for me two weeks ago 33 million that was the sweet spot and I'm sorry this is on CD Lam and his agent total greed..

Retro88

Reaction score
Many around here pull out coupons at the dollar store and then make fun of Jerry for fighting for a few, measly, million dollars!
:muttley: :lmao::muttley:
This situation is more like walking out to your truck and seeing a bald tire. You have a ton of money. You're gonna be changing that tire soon anyway but let's run it until you see cords or it blows up just to save a few bucks in the long run. Doesn't matter that it could derail your plans.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can’t wait the see the new bulked up Cee Dee.
Give me like David Boston get bulked up get worse.. Can we call it what it is we seen him running around and saying and he gained weight that would be Ezekiel Elliott hold out..lmao are we hypocrites in here the man gained weight while he was on a holdout but people are calling it bulk up but with Elliot it was called fat even though it wasn't..lmao :muttley: :laugh: :popcorn:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I remember when they were making progress a week ago, and in early August, and it was reported In July….

What does this even mean? It’s another roundabout way to say They’re still not in agreement
I remember you said he isnt a 1

blueblood70

Reaction score
This situation is more like walking out to your truck and seeing a bald tire. You have a ton of money. You're gonna be changing that tire soon anyway but let's run it until you see cords or it blows up just to save a few bucks in the long run.
Wrong it's like only having money in the budget for four tires at a certain amount of money cause you should always replace all your tires at once we're trying to figure out if you should replace that one tire and then let the other ones suffer or should you replace them all at the same time so it takes time to negotiate it's called compromise $33 million got turned down that's flat out greed there are 1400 players in this league that would have been the second highest paid non quarterback contract in the entire NFL and you act like they're trying to be cheap no you're using the wrong analogy because it was just about attire that would be fine but in this case there's a hard salary cap and other players need to be paid as well so trying to look at down the road those other tires are Prescott Parsons Deron bland you have to make a decision so you can get 4 new tires under the same budget versus just replacing one tire at a time and letting the other ones blow out!!!!!!

NEXT

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
ugh. The level of incompetence of this front office is staggering

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Nothing has been agreed or consummated but the team has increased its offer to Lamb to above $33 million annually.
Of course they have because $33M was always too far off Jefferson's number. You don't sign for anything less than $34M if you're CeeDee. $34.5 or a match of Jefferson would be ideal.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean we've seen this story before.....they are gonna make him the highest paid receiver or close to it.

Fans will say "oh the deal isn't that bad"

Jerry will go back to being Jerry.

Lamb will go back to being Lamb

I

jwitten82

Reaction score
Of course they have because $33M was always too far off Jefferson's number. You don't sign for anything less than $34M if you're CeeDee. $34.5 or a match of Jefferson would be ideal.
Not sure why he would take less than Jefferson. I dont believe he's better, but why wouldn't you set the market? Qbs do it, other positions might as well do it too playboi

Status
Not open for further replies.