Clarity forming on who Dallas will pick at #4

jnday

Reaction score
Ive seen some on this board that think Reed was not worth a top 10 pick

I said. Safety is not a position that I would draft top ten. Neither is CB. Reed was drafted top ten and very few safeties are.

jnday

Reaction score
I'd be okay with Ramsey only if we went DL in the 2nd. I'd hate for us to go Ramsey and WR/RB/QB in the 2nd and not address DL until the middle rounds.

From the looks of things, there is not much room at DT, so you must want another DE to go with the last two 2nd round picks used there.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
I still contend that if you fix your D line, you fix your secondary at the same time. If you fix your secondary.......it doesn't do anything to fix your D line. It just seems like a waste to me. A great D line can make an average secondary look great.

You cant make decisions because of 4 game suspensions. Gregory and Lawrence project to be the future starters but obviously we could use depth at the position today. However, unless there is a premium rde available when we select you have to go another direction. Nothing is guaranteed, but fast forward a year and db becomes a much bigger need looking at expiring contracts and player ages.

fortdick

Reaction score
I hope this is just wistfulness. The two players I don't want to pick at 4 are Ramsey and Elliot. I hope Tunsil is there so we trade back. It is too much to expect us to take him, because he is the BPA.

Drafting Ramsey or Elliot would be a waste. Neither would be a Cowboy in 5 years. Trade back and get Elliot and move back up to get Lynch or Cook.

davey999

Reaction score
Ravens will take Bosa. Watc
You cant make decisions because of 4 game suspensions. Gregory and Lawrence project to be the future starters but obviously we could use depth at the position today. However, unless there is a premium rde available when we select you have to go another direction. Nothing is guaranteed, but fast forward a year and db becomes a much bigger need looking at expiring contracts and player ages.

We shouldn't be projecting Gregory for anything. Guy has problems.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling that Bosa will turn into another Watt and we will regret it so much,cant believe they are not even considering him when he falls into our lap.

davey999

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling that Bosa will turn into another Watt and we will regret it so much,cant believe they are not even considering him when he falls into our lap.

Totally agree. Guy is 20 and every team he played against game planned for him.

fortdick

Reaction score
Why wouldn't Ramsey be a Cowboy in 5 years?

Won't live up to the expectations and salary. See Newman, Jenkins, Claiborne. I don't believe a CB that will become a safety is worth the risk. Has to be the biggest bust position there is. Plus, he doesn't get the turnovers we need.

1st round contract then gone.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Won't live up to the expectations and salary. See Newman, Jenkins, Claiborne. I don't believe a CB that will become a safety is worth the risk. Has to be the biggest bust position there is. Plus, he doesn't get the turnovers we need.

1st round contract then gone.

I kind of agree here. If Ramsey is the pick I'm not going to celebrate . I celebrated with Newman , Claiborne , Jenkins and in the end for what? Just to be disappointed . I'll take a wait and see approach. I don't see him as an upgrade over Carr or Claiborne as a rookie.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
How would anyone know that? The guy hasn't played a down yet.

We are comparing what we know, which is the two as college players.

But by all means, lets not compare or contrast college players entering the draft to any NFL players... Yeah, that makes sense.

fortdick

Reaction score
I kind of agree here. If Ramsey is the pick I'm not going to celebrate . I celebrated with Newman , Claiborne , Jenkins and in the end for what? Just to be disappointed . I'll take a wait and see approach. I don't see him as an upgrade over Carr or Claiborne as a rookie.

It is just that so many CB's are supposed to be be world beaters and turn into busts. I believe that it has to have the highest risk rate of any position. Too many guys can't make the transition from college to the pro game.

coogrfan

Reaction score
It is just that so many CB's are supposed to be be world beaters and turn into busts. I believe that it has to have the highest risk rate of any position. Too many guys can't make the transition from college to the pro game.

At a guess I would say RB probably has at least as high a bust rate. If you look at the list of RB's taken in the top 10 since 1995, there are significantly more "mehs" than "wows!".

http://pfref.com/tiny/5AqsC

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I've heard this now from David Moore, Mike Fisher, Dane Brugler, and a couple of other local insiders.

Dallas' pick will be either Jalen Ramsey or Ezekiel Elliott. If they're both there, Dallas will take Ramsey. Joey Bosa is out of the running at 4.

San Diego is not going to take Ramsey, but they might trade out of the pick so another team can. That's likely the only way Dallas takes Elliott.

Unless, of course, Dallas is trades down, but those partners aren't expected to be willing to give up much.

Sounds like Jalen Ramsey it most likely will be. I'm fine with the pick, but I'd much rather have Elliott because I want immediate impact.

But if Ramsey is an Ed Reed type of player, then I'll get over it just fine.

There's supposed to be a lot of defensive linemen in Rounds 2 and 3.

Yes, drafting corners has been our shining moments . . . .