Clark and Kendricks were 2 of the best linebackers against the run last year

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Clark has sound fundamentals but the reason he had so many opportunities to make tackles was because the DL was swiss cheese.

coult44

Reaction score
We like using 215lb. LBs, and 270lb. LT’s. That won’t be good against the run no matter who your coach is.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Stats can put lipstick on a pig.
However, I do think it will be difficult for someone to overtake Clark next to Kendricks.

What are the odds of a rookie beating out Clark and Overshown?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Clark was not good last year. Not sure he was good against the run. Not even sure he should be starting. He couldn't cover, couldn't tackle, was all over the place. Hes very replaceable.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Clark struggled as MLB......he played well when LVE was MLB. I'm sure it was due to inexperience. With Kendricks playing MLB in this scheme, I'm sure Clark will play well! I also hope we get some big ugly DTs to help keep the LBs clean!

Brooksey

Reaction score

Damone Clark was so bad against the run, he didn't look like a starting NFL LB.
3rd place is a joke, the man was catching guards 7 yards downfield, he's not good at shedding blocks,
he lacks instincts and he's unable to diagnose plays fast enough to make plays up the field.

kskboys

Reaction score
Damone Clark was so bad against the run, he didn't look like a starting NFL LB.
3rd place is a joke, the man was catching guards 7 yards downfield, he's not good at shedding blocks,
he lacks instincts and he's unable to diagnose plays fast enough to make plays up the field.
And lacks the lateral agility to mirror the ball carrier.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been kind of counting Clark out, but I could see him being the weakside linebacker on early downs, with Kendricks in the middle and Parsons at strongside, then giving way to Overshown (depending on his development on passing downs), with Bell being the other passing down linebacker.

My concern for all of them is what we'll have in front of them. I like Odighizuwa, and would be really happy if he was part of a rotation at 3-tech with the type of stud we need at the position (and aren't going to get). But the jury is still way out on Mazi. If he's constantly on skis, the linebackers will have a hard time dodging offensive linemen.
Last season Clark was a jag.

Maybe getting Kendricks alongside will help?
Kendricks as the Green Dot LB will make the LB next to him better.

Clark had to become the Green Dot once Vander Esch was out.
- It was too much for a 2nd year player that had only play 10 games as a rookie with 5 starts.

Vander Esch had progressed as the Green Dot, but was never on the same level of game knowledge / instincts as Kendricks has been in his career.