Classic TV shows that would have been different if you had been the lead

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Here's you chance to rewrite a classic TV show episode if you had been the main star. Here's mine. In the classic Star Trek episode, Mirror Mirror, I've got to give Kirk major props for his self control. If it had been me, I totally would failed to escape the mirror universe because I would have been too busy with Barbara Luna.

There would have been a scene of me dragging my exhausted bo hiney out of bed to the "beep beep" of a communicator, which I would answer. I would be like, "Scotty, do you know what time ..... 10 AM, right ..... what do you mean we missed the deadline?"

So that's the show if I'm on it in place of Kirk. I can't say my version is better than his, but, oh, well.

25db67c5657914454081c6a18e93d6dd.png

Your turn. Put yourself into a classic TV episode and tell us what the story would be like.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is an episode of All In The Family that I thought of a scenario twist but felt I should not blow up the thread. No. I shall not be elaborating. :laugh:

Not so much a lead character but in the WKRP In Cincinnati episode "Turkeys Away", Les Nessman would have one turkey fall splat right in front of him. I would have him describe what happened in the factual way Les always did, swoon and then fainted. :p

Also not a lead character but in the Dallas cliffhanger episode "A House Divided", Kristin would have shot J.R. in the head. The show would have likely folded after that but someone would have finally put Mr. Ewing in his place. :cool:

cowboyec

Reaction score
wagon train.

first time somebody *****ed....id'a left their ***** sayin'....you're on your own.
good luck 2ya:thumbup:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
What if you lived and saw bizarre things happen around you. What exactly was behind this thing defined as the Twilight Zone in which your reality kept changing. Accept it and be scared or face it somehow and try to understand the logic.

cowboyec

Reaction score
What if you lived and saw bizarre things happen around you. What exactly was behind this thing defined as the Twilight Zone in which your reality kept changing. Accept it and be scared or face it somehow and try to understand the logic.

i still believe the twilight zones were based on true stories.....mini documentaries if you will.
:bow:ROD SERLING:bow:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Andy Griffith Show or Dick Van Dyke Show because that's not my name. Viewers would have been confused as hell wondering when Andy or Dick were going to show up.

But if I was, I would do a hell of a lot better in the women department unless Helen Crump had some hidden talent. And forget those twin beds on Dick Van Dyke, might only need one......standing on it's edge!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cannon caught plenty of crooks without chasing any of them. :D
Apparently, it's only the cops who are in shape who get ignored when they yell, "FREEZE!!"

That's something that always bothers me when watching cop shows. Why do they get the criminal's attention when they're on the other side of the street or something? Why not walk casually toward them, then draw their weapons? That's why I'm not a big fan of Hawaii Five-0 (The remake) type shows.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Apparently, it's only the cops who are in shape who get ignored when they yell, "FREEZE!!"

That's something that always bothers me when watching cop shows. Why do they get the criminal's attention when they're on the other side of the street or something? Why not walk casually toward them, then draw their weapons? That's why I'm not a big fan of Hawaii Five-0 (The remake) type shows.

That's one of my pet peeves. My other is that the hero of the story is always a great fighter. The truth is not everyone's good at that. The hero walks into a bar and sees some shady activity and then ends up taking on 4 other dudes in a bar fight and winning, when in reality he would have gotten his bohiney kicked.

Then the other one is, they have a hero who is a 120 pound woman who's never been in a fight. But they train her for it. Then after something like 6 weeks of training, she's able to take on and clobber an expert fighter, a Mike Tyson type. Right.