Clayton Gaethers visiting Cowboys

Sydla

Reaction score
Boston is more of a FS IMO

If I’m going SS I take iloka over Boston

Definitely but I'd still take Boston over Geathers.

And you know what's funny? Our illustrious co-GM said last year, when the Cowboys were looking for FS help in FA, claimed they viewed Boston more as a SS and that's why they didn't have much interest.

If that's true, then why aren't they kicking the tires this year when they say they are looking for a SS. There isn't a shred of doubt that Boston is a non-starter for other reasons.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I like Heath more than most fans but he played primarily FS prior to 2018 which means most of his INTs were at FS because he just had 1 INT in 2018.

Both Woods and Heath are Free Safeties, IMO.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
This is why we like him. They think he'll be cheap as hell and a worthwhile risk. It's also probably why Indy doesn't want him back. They can't trust him to stay on the field.

The way this franchise goes about S personnel is hilarious.

IDK. Say they sign Gaethers cheap because of the injuries--they have Heath backing him up (whothey know is not ideal to start), but since Gaethers was cheap they can draft a SS as well.

Reactions: CWR

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This is why we like him. They think he'll be cheap as hell and a worthwhile risk. It's also probably why Indy doesn't want him back. They can't trust him to stay on the field.

The way this franchise goes about S personnel is hilarious.

It should scare you that Indy has chosen to not resign Geathers despite him being a good young player. They don't trust his body to hold up. Id be fine with a 1 year deal but it's very likely that Heath will be starting at some point...

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
It should scare you that Indy has chosen to not resign Geathers despite him being a good young player. They don't trust his body to hold up. Id be fine with a 1 year deal but it's very likely that Heath will be starting at some point...
And when Pats sign him we’re left holding our Peter! Perfect signing for NE, and once again, we suck!

Love that story!

ICP

Reaction score
He should fit the cheap bill that Dallas FO likes. Hurt alot which fits the incentive/prove it deal they will probably offer

RamziD

Reaction score
I still want to know why I haven’t heard Johnathan Cyprien’s name thrown around by anyone since FA started.

LittleD

Reaction score
Definitely but I'd still take Boston over Geathers.

And you know what's funny? Our illustrious co-GM said last year, when the Cowboys were looking for FS help in FA, claimed they viewed Boston more as a SS and that's why they didn't have much interest.

If that's true, then why aren't they kicking the tires this year when they say they are looking for a SS. There isn't a shred of doubt that Boston is a non-starter for other reasons.

Obviously, the Cowboys FO does not like Boston at all. They could have had him most of last season for a song and a bag of chips before Arizona came calling. Forget Boston...Stephen already has.

John813

Reaction score
I like Heath more than most fans but he played primarily FS prior to 2018 which means most of his INTs were at FS because he just had 1 INT in 2018.

Both Woods and Heath are Free Safeties, IMO.

that's my thought too. It allows him to use his athletic ability to make plays on the deeper passes. Where reaction time can be slightly delayed and he doesn't have to step up in run coverage too much.

CWR

Reaction score
IDK. Say they sign Gaethers cheap because of the injuries--they have Heath backing him up (whothey know is not ideal to start), but since Gaethers was cheap they can draft a SS as well.

This could be a real nice signing for us. I dont know why anyone would complain. Clearly we are passed getting ET or Landon Collins. So if we can get a talented young player at a good value I think we are winning. It beats sitting on our hands.