Clayton Quick Hits: AB in talks w/49ers

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Worth noting: 49ers defensive end Andre Carter left Washington without a deal but will continue to talk. He might visit Denver as well ...

The 49ers are negotiating with Browns wide receiver Antonio Bryant, who arrived in San Francisco on Saturday night for a visit ...

The Bengals scheduled a visit with Rams backup quarterback Jamie Martin after getting word from backup Jon Kitna that he probably won't be back in Cincinnati. Kitna is visiting teams as one of the top QBs available in free agency ...

With Randle El, Koren Robinson and Joe Jurevicius off the market, Antonio Bryant and David Givens are the best receivers available until the Eagles release Terrell Owens on Wednesday.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
If AB and Givens are the best left on the market, and we are indeed targeting a receiver in free agency (I believe Jerry has said as much)....it really only leaves on option left.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dale said:
If AB and Givens are the best left on the market, and we are indeed targeting a receiver in free agency (I believe Jerry has said as much)....it really only leaves on option left.
Yep, hence the visit to Palm Beach yesterday.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yep, hence the visit to Palm Beach yesterday.

WHy would Jerry visit TO in Fla yesterday when he is still officially an Eagle? Unless the Eagles have given TO permission to talk to Jerry, and I highly doubt that, that would be tampering wouldn't it?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
WHy would Jerry visit TO in Fla yesterday when he is still officially an Eagle? Unless the Eagles have given TO permission to talk to Jerry, and I highly doubt that, that would be tampering wouldn't it?
He didn't visit TO in Florida.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Hostile said:

I kinda missed out on your reference, as well. I haven't been keeping track with the plane thread ... what are you referring to?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Then I misunderstood your response. What were you referring to when you said, hence the trip to Palm Beach?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dale said:
I kinda missed out on your reference, as well. I haven't been keeping track with the plane thread ... what are you referring to?
Unless he moved his offices, Drew Rosenhaus is in Palm Beach.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
SF is the perfect place for Antonio. A crappy team that will feed him a lot of passes as their #1. Funny that this is the only team I've heard of that's even given him much attention when he caught twice as many passes as ARL.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Unless he moved his offices, Drew Rosenhaus is in Palm Beach.

Wouldn't that still be considered tampering if they were discussing TO?

Of course it's hard to prove but still......

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
I don't live in Palm Beach so you will excuse me for not knowing to whom you are reffering to.

Randle El?

If we do not get an OT in the draft I hope for once Bill bites the bullet and gets us a WR in the first round. TO is not an option unless JJ and Bill have gone to the dark side.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Joe a Cowboys fan said:
I don't live in Palm Beach so you will excuse me for not knowing to whom you are reffering to.

Randle El?

If we do not get an OT in the draft I hope for once Bill bites the bullet and gets us a WR in the first round. TO is not an option unless JJ and Bill have gone to the dark side.

Well get ready for the Darth Vader coming to town because I think it's going to happen. I would still love to see them get Santonio Holmes with the 18th pick.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cajuncowboy said:

It's not tampering cuz the eagles gave him permission to seek a trade...

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
It's not tampering cuz the eagles gave him permission to seek a trade...

BUt I thought when that happens they had parameters set and that the team had to approve whom they would be allowed to talk to. I could be wrong but I thought that was how it worked.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:

No, it wouldn't. Rosenhaus has many clients.

Here's what I think. Rosenhaus asked for the lunch date with Tuna. He knows Irvin is TO's mentor. He gave Tuna his word TO will put his ego in check.

All Jerry has to do is say to Rosenhaus, "if you're serious, so are we."

No tampering. No parameters are discussed. It is just about eventualities.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
No, it wouldn't. Rosenhaus has many clients.

Here's what I think. Rosenhaus asked for the lunch date with Tuna. He knows Irvin is TO's mentor. He gave Tuna his word TO will put his ego in check.

All Jerry has to do is say to Rosenhaus, "if you're serious, so are we."

No tampering. No parameters are discussed. It is just about eventualities.

I gotta tell ya, the more I dwell on the TO to Dallas thing the more I am coming around to it. If the guy can keep his mouth shut and perform, I might forgive the guy in a year or two. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I gotta tell ya, the more I dwell on the TO to Dallas thing the more I am coming around to it. If the guy can keep his mouth shut and perform, I might forgive the guy in a year or two. :D
Cajun, I don't like the idea at all, but I am now resigned to it.

I've never denied his talent. I just don't like his drama queen act. That just isn't football in my opinion.

The only way, and I stress THE ONLY WAY, I could ever like this guy was if he came in here, performed like he is capable of and after each TD hands the ball to the Official and goes back to work.

I'm not someone who hates the TD celebrations. Chad Johnson cracks me up. It is the only way I'd truly believe TO had turned over a new leaf. I'm not saying don't have fun, don't be excited. Do it on the sidelines with your teammates. Do it out on the town with your teammates. Not for the cameras.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
JJ's jet stopped in Palm Beach for 31 minutes on its way to the Caribbean. Then flew back to Dallas late last night and today is flying to Southern Mexico beaches. Whole lotta vaca going on in JJ family!

There's no Rosenhous meeting going on there. Clearly though a person indeed was dropped off or picked up :)

Any TOM, Dick or Harry can predict a TO to Dallas - - - but
TO should never wear the Dallas star - and won't.