Clayton Quick Hits: AB in talks w/49ers

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Cajun, I don't like the idea at all, but I am now resigned to it.

I've never denied his talent. I just don't like his drama queen act. That just isn't football in my opinion.

The only way, and I stress THE ONLY WAY, I could ever like this guy was if he came in here, performed like he is capable of and after each TD hands the ball to the Official and goes back to work.

I'm not someone who hates the TD celebrations. Chad Johnson cracks me up. It is the only way I'd truly believe TO had turned over a new leaf. I'm not saying don't have fun, don't be excited. Do it on the sidelines with your teammates. Do it out on the town with your teammates. Not for the cameras.

I could care less if he sets himself on fire after scoring a TD...the thing that bugs me the most about the guy is that he's been a lousy team player.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I could care less if he sets himself on fire after scoring a TD...the thing that bugs me the most about the guy is that he's been a lousy team player.
That is why I added the stuff about celebrating WITH his teammates on the sidelines or out on the town.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Dale said:
If AB and Givens are the best left on the market, and we are indeed targeting a receiver in free agency (I believe Jerry has said as much)....it really only leaves on option left.

I hope we do get TO.....we need a SCARY player for the defenses to worry about!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
JJ's jet stopped in Palm Beach for 31 minutes on its way to the Caribbean. Then flew back to Dallas late last night and today is flying to Southern Mexico beaches. Whole lotta vaca going on in JJ family!

There's no Rosenhous meeting going on there. Clearly though a person indeed was dropped off or picked up :)

Any TOM, Dick or Harry can predict a TO to Dallas - - - but
TO should never wear the Dallas star - and won't.
Vaca is Spanish for cow.

There's a whole lotta cow going on?

I love the prediction line. Hypocrisy thy name is Welcher.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Hostile said:
No, it wouldn't. Rosenhaus has many clients.

Here's what I think. Rosenhaus asked for the lunch date with Tuna. He knows Irvin is TO's mentor. He gave Tuna his word TO will put his ego in check.

All Jerry has to do is say to Rosenhaus, "if you're serious, so are we."

No tampering. No parameters are discussed. It is just about eventualities.

You have nailed it and a few do not want to admit it but I do think Jerry
is going to haul in TO. Your reasoning is sound based on what we know and I have little doubt this will not happen.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
That is why I added the stuff about celebrating WITH his teammates on the sidelines or out on the town.

Gotcha.

:D

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
No, it wouldn't. Rosenhaus has many clients.

Here's what I think. Rosenhaus asked for the lunch date with Tuna. He knows Irvin is TO's mentor. He gave Tuna his word TO will put his ego in check.

All Jerry has to do is say to Rosenhaus, "if you're serious, so are we."

No tampering. No parameters are discussed. It is just about eventualities.
:hammer: thats the only way he'll wear a Star, get paid, shut up, fit in and prove you're the best WR in football.

Parcells just let "one of his guys walk". He's traded Keyshawn before.

I just hope Terrell takes a jersey in the teens...maybe Terence Cooper can give up #18.

All I can remember is TO running away from the Patriots secondary coming off a severe foot injury. I just hope we can keep Keyshawn too. We always seem to lose a WR during the season. 2004 Glenn, 2005 Crayton.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Nors said:
JJ's jet stopped in Palm Beach for 31 minutes on its way to the Caribbean. Then flew back to Dallas late last night and today is flying to Southern Mexico beaches. Whole lotta vaca going on in JJ family!

There's no Rosenhous meeting going on there. Clearly though a person indeed was dropped off or picked up :)

Any TOM, Dick or Harry can predict a TO to Dallas - - - but
TO should never wear the Dallas star - and won't.

There is too much evidence to the contrary not only a plethora of reports but meetings and comments with our brass which makes this move tenable.

I might add, way more tenable than two years worth of useless threads on Tye Law for which there has been absolutely no basis in deed or fact to contend for accordingly. :eek:

Q_the_man

Reaction score
don't forget the Eagles gave TO permission to seek trade, remember he was talking to Denver, duh

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Joe a Cowboys fan said:
I don't live in Palm Beach so you will excuse me for not knowing to whom you are reffering to.

Randle El?

If we do not get an OT in the draft I hope for once Bill bites the bullet and gets us a WR in the first round. TO is not an option unless JJ and Bill have gone to the dark side.

JJ and BP know TO. If they sign him then whatever happens, they asked for it. Somebody is going to say "Well what if TO takes them to the SB and that is what happens"? I'm sure when the Cowboys make it to the SB everybody will give TO credit including him and then he will look for even bigger bucks.

Like I say, JJ/BP will deserve whatever they get. The moment he is signed, I'll quit worrying about it.