Cleveland's 2008 1st Round Pick ....

Verdict

Reaction score
I am sure all of the avid Cowboys fans are keenly aware that we own Cleveland's 2008 first round pick. It looks like right now that Cleveland's pick would be in the 21 to 25 range, while the 49ers pick (owned by the Pats) is a top 5 pick. I knew Cleveland had more talent than most people gave them credit for, but I sure didn't see them doing as well as they have. Maybe they will tank the rest of the way.... Well, we can always hope, huh?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Derek Anderson is on FIRE. With Kellen Winslow and Brayon Edwards on top of that and the defense playing better, they're a decent football team.

They need a RB.

QT

Reaction score
I had a feeling Cleveland would screw us over and do well. Look what Buffalo did to us a few years ago. Let's just hope we don't draft a player like Marcus Spears' caliber with Cleveland's pick like we did with Buffalo's pick.

Eddie

Reaction score
If it wasn't for Tony Romo, Derek Anderson would be the come-from-nowhere success story.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
what if we traded Cleveland's first for an early 2nd and a 2009 first.....let's say a team like Miami or something.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Eddie;1780143 said:
If it wasn't for Tony Romo, Derek Anderson would be the come-from-nowhere success story.

He is.... THIS YEARS STORY....

Romo was last years... he is a Veteran Pro Bowl QB now :D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Without Derek Anderson, they're 2-8 right now.

No one could have possibly foresaw Anderson doing this well.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
Biggems;1780149 said:
what if we traded Cleveland's first for an early 2nd and a 2009 first.....let's say a team like Miami or something.

Miami would go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl that year.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theogt;1780157 said:

Yeah... these damn QB's lying in waite :eek:
I see another in one Philly :eek::eek:

joseephuss

Reaction score
theogt;1780157 said:

I agree. I did like what I saw from him last year, but did not expect him to do what he is doing. I did like what the Browns did to improve their offensive line. I thought that would help them a lot this season along with having Winslow finally healthy and another year removed from his injuries. I figured the pick may fall between 10 and 15. It now looks like it will end up being higher. Still is nice to have an extra pick. The thing I am most glad about is that most experts have shut up about Dallas regretting not taking Brady.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
YoMick;1780178 said:
Yeah... these damn QB's lying in waite :eek:
I see another in one Philly :eek::eek:

why did Miami draft Beck? I mean even though they stunk, they let him sit and sit and sit. Lemon is a lifer as a backup, he is not a starter. They should have been playing Beck ever since the week following the Houston game, when Green was injured.....or at least started him the week following the Bye.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Biggems;1780186 said:
why did Miami draft Beck? I mean even though they stunk, they let him sit and sit and sit. Lemon is a lifer as a backup, he is not a starter. They should have been playing Beck ever since the week following the Houston game, when Green was injured.....or at least started him the week following the Bye.

Which way did he go George?:confused:

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
They did need anderson but that brings up the depate about brady quinn or derek anderson. which one is the future and what will happen in the future.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Biggems;1780186 said:

He is now the starter in Miami. They have the rest of the year to determine if he is their future or if they should grab one in this draft. I think they didn't want to throw him out there without fully being ingrained in the offense so that if he fails they know it's not for lack of preparation. If he succeeds, they still have a great 1st rounder to put some weapons with him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dalboy;1780205 said:
They did need anderson but that brings up the depate about brady quinn or derek anderson. which one is the future and what will happen in the future.

Ala Brees and Rivers

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dalboy;1780224 said:
both of them started horrible at the beggining of this season.

When it came time to make a decision... Brees had turned into a good QB... only thing was his injury.... was still a tough call..

I dont know about Rivers.... I dont know who is better Rivers or Manning at this point?

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
One has gone 14-2 with the best RB in the league the other has won the Nfc east once but also been told will never be like brother or father. I would go that Rivers has had a better start but manning will be better than him.