News: Clinched-It-All Cowboys 100: Facts + Figures for Lions

CCBoy

Reaction score
Clinched-It-All Cowboys 100: Facts + Figures for Lions
486485_10100588207554347_1847647956_n_2.jpg

Mark Lane

http://www.scout.com/nfl/cowboys/story/1740023-cowboys-100-facts-figures-for-lions

Prescott has the third-highest single-season passer rating at 103.2. Romo tops the list at 113.2 and Roger Staubach second at 104.8.

Prescott’s 103.2 passer rating is also the second-highest in the NFL among quarterbacks who have started every game since Week 1.

Prescott’s 8.4 adjusted yards per attempt is the second-best in the league among quarterbacks who have started every game since Week 1.

A win Monday would tie Prescott with Troy Aikman and Romo for the most wins by a starting quarterback in a single-season with 13.

A win by Prescott would also tie him with Ben Roethlisberger for the most wins by a rookie starting quarterback in NFL history with 13.

Last week, Prescott took sole possession of the most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in a single season with six.

If Prescott can preserve his 0.9 interception percentage, he would set the franchise record for fewest interception percentage in a single season in Cowboys history.

Among quarterbacks who have started every game since Week 1, Prescott’s 66.1 completion percentage on third down is the third-best in the NFL...

EZEKIEL ELLIOTT FACTS

With 1,551 rushing yards, Elliott already has the sixth-best single-season performance in Dallas history. A 90-yard average over the last two games will give him the third-best output in club history.

In order to break Eric Dickerson’s single-season rushing record of 1,808, Elliott will need to average 128.5 yards over the last two games.

If Elliott can maintain his 5.0 yards per carry, he will have the third-highest yards per carry among a Cowboys starting running back in a single season.

Ezekiel%20Elliott6.jpg

Elliott’s 110.8 yards per game ties him with Emmitt Smith for the second-best in club history. DeMarco Murray tops the list at 115.3.

With 13 rushing touchdowns, Elliott is already tied for fifth-most in club history in a single season. Two more would give him fourth-most but nowhere near Smith’s first place with 25 rushing touchdowns set in 1995.

Elliott is tied with David Johnson for the second-most first downs on third-and-1 in the NFL. Leading the way is Murray with 10.

Elliott joins Calvin Hill and Emmitt Smith as the only Cowboys rookie running backs to have made the Pro Bowl.

Elliott has a full 327-yard lead over Murray for first place in rushing yards. If Elliott were to sit out the next two games, Murray would have to average 163.5 yards each game to catch up.

Elliott has the third-most all-purpose touchdowns in the NFL with 14.

The last time Elliott played on a Monday night at AT&T Stadium was the 2014 College Football Championship when he carried the ball 36 times for 246 yards and four touchdowns...

The Lions have the highest time of possession per drive at 3:09. Trailing them are the Cowboys at 3:03.

The Cowboys defense now gives up the fewest rushing yards per game at 80.9.

The Lions defense has the second-highest opposing quarterback passer rating at 102.1.

Romo is 2-3 against Detroit with a 104.3 passer rating. On average, he goes 25/37 for 291 yards, two touchdowns, one interception, and takes three sacks.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I hope Zeke breaks Dickerson' record on a personal level I don't think it would hurt the team none let him go for it within a team concept

He's lost a lot of yards on holding calls. He would have been very close already. Though you could make the argument that holding calls are part of the game and Dickerson went through the same thing.

willia451

Reaction score
Great info.

Last week, Prescott took sole possession of the most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in a single season with six.

This stood out. Just didn't seem like Dak had run for that many TDs this season. At least to me. Although the one that he scored against the Bucs is among my favorite plays of the year. I remember looking at that play and when it happened just shouting "WOW!!".

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great info.

This stood out. Just didn't seem like Dak had run for that many TDs this season. At least to me. Although the one that he scored against the Bucs is among my favorite plays of the year. I remember looking at that play and when it happened just shouting "WOW!!".
Needless to say, that's the franchise record, not the league-wide record (there are a number of these that the OP doesn't distinguish). It's a little surprising to me that the franchise record was so low, actually, particularly that Roger never ran for more than 4.

Scotman

Reaction score
Great info.

Me either! I know Dak is dangerous at the goal line...but I'd never dreamed that. I don't consider him a "running" QB.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Get us #6, the other ones are nice to look at but a rookie winning a SB would fix a lot of things for us..

ghst187

Reaction score
Is that true for the entire NFL or franchise record on Dak leading with rushing TDs by a QB. If that's NFL then that's insane considering all the Steve Youngs, Randall Cunninghams, and Russell Wilsons on the world.
A QB that is a threat to run is an especially dangerous terror for defenses in the red zone. I love it!
Can't believe how wrong I was about Dak coming out but this crow tastes great!!!

tyke1doe

Reaction score

I believe this is incorrect. Vick had seasons with 8 and 9 rushing touchdowns, and Cam Newton had a 10-rushing touchdown season.

Either I'm misunderstanding what the writer meant or misreading Cam's and Vick's stats or he didn't do his research or didn't craft his words with obvious context.

Last edited:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that true for the entire NFL or franchise record on Dak leading with rushing TDs by a QB. If that's NFL then that's insane considering all the Steve Youngs, Randall Cunninghams, and Russell Wilsons on the world.
A QB that is a threat to run is an especially dangerous terror for defenses in the red zone. I love it!
Can't believe how wrong I was about Dak coming out but this crow tastes great!!!
I believe this is incorrect. Vick had seasons with 8 and 9 rushing touchdowns, and Cam Newton had a 10-rushing touchdown season.

Either I'm misunderstanding what the writer meant or misreading Cam's and Vick's stats or he didn't do his research or didn't craft his words with obvious context.
It's the franchise record. Cam has the NFL record with 14 rushing TDs in 2011,, his rookie season. QBs have rushed for 6 or more TDs more than 60 times.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's the franchise record. Cam has the NFL record with 14 rushing TDs in 2011,, his rookie season. QBs have rushed for 6 or more TDs more than 60 times.

Thanks. The writer should have made that clearer. He intersperses NFL records with franchise records. Very confusing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Only 2.3 percent of the catchable balls that Dak Prescott has thrown this season have been dropped. That’s good enough for best in the NFL.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Zeke has been the leading rusher for either team in his last 13 games, which is the longest streak in NFL history for a rookie.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only 2.3 percent of the catchable balls that Dak Prescott has thrown this season have been dropped. That’s good enough for best in the NFL.
Does that mean Dak puts nicer touch on his accurate passes than other QBs or our receivers are more sure handed than other teams' receivers, or both? or neiher?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Does that mean Dak puts nicer touch on his accurate passes than other QBs or our receivers are more sure handed than other teams' receivers, or both? or neiher?

It would indicate, if the ball is thrown catchable, by Dak Prescott, he usually delivers it where the receiver has an advantage. Good receivers catch the ball.